ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

ES250 and ES350 F sport ? about seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-21, 02:18 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts
Default ES250 and ES350 F sport ? about seats

Hi so i am wondering are the seats the same in the ES300h ES350 ES250 ES250 F sport
or is there a design difference in the F-sport seat of the ES model ?
reason i ask is i dont remember for sure but a few years ago i sat in a RX F and the seat felt tighter i think than the Non F sport RX
i am a bigger guy with a FAT *** lol and i just dont' want to get into something that is going to be to tight.
its not that simple as going to the dealership to try it out cause they dont have any of the ES250 F or ES350 F sport anywhere near me so id be buying form out of state and i just dont want to make a mistake like if someone says that the ES F sport seats are tighter than i wont buy that at all but if someone says they are the same than i will not worry about it to much and just order it asap
thank you
Old 11-23-21, 06:42 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,555 Likes on 1,821 Posts

Originally Posted by ThumperPup
Hi so i am wondering are the seats the same in the ES300h ES350 ES250 ES250 F sport
reason i ask is i dont remember for sure but a few years ago i sat in a RX F and the seat felt tighter i think than the Non F sport RX
i am a bigger guy with a FAT *** lol and i just dont' want to get into something that is going to be to tight.
its not that simple as going to the dealership to try it out cause they dont have any of the ES250 F or ES350 F sport anywhere near me so id be buying form out of state and i just dont want to make a mistake like if someone says that the ES F sport seats are tighter than i wont buy that at all but if someone says they are the same than i will not worry about it to much and just order it asap
thank you
The FSport seats are VERY different with aggressive bolsters etc. I personally love them in the ES but hated them when I test drove an RX with those seats - they were even tighter in the RX. My advice - take a test drive of more than five minutes to make sure you'll get along with them!
Old 11-24-21, 09:04 AM
Tmymck
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

We have a 2020 ES FSPORT. I am 6ft 310. I took me several attempts to get comfortable in the seat. Several adjustments later I have found my happy spot. They aren’t as soft as standard seats but I have driven 300 miles and been comfortable
Old 11-24-21, 04:08 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
The FSport seats are VERY different with aggressive bolsters etc. I personally love them in the ES but hated them when I test drove an RX with those seats - they were even tighter in the RX. My advice - take a test drive of more than five minutes to make sure you'll get along with them!

there was a dealership about 20 minutes from me that has a ES350 F Sports so i wnet to sit in it and test it out see how i liked it and i couldnt even sit in it for more thank about 30 seconds before i realized there is no way id be happy with the F-Sport seats
So i went ahead and decided against the ES-250 F and decided on a regular ES250
im getitng one thats sunlite green exteriror and Black/lenear esspeso interior no i have not driven it yet or sat in it yet i put a deposit on it at a ohio dealership because i found what i thought was a great price so i called with a deposit and will fly in this weekend after the holiday or next week to pick it up
2021 ES250 AWD lexus CPO with 12,000 miles on it for $41,4xx so not bad price from others i have been seeing
it has some good options the one option that i would like to have seen in it it doesnt have but its ok i dont need the power opening and closing trunk that badly

Old 07-03-23, 04:32 AM
Kbains71
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tmymck
We have a 2020 ES FSPORT. I am 6ft 310. I took me several attempts to get comfortable in the seat. Several adjustments later I have found my happy spot. They aren’t as soft as standard seats but I have driven 300 miles and been comfortable
Can you advise what adjustments did you do, I just bought ES FSport, and the seats are killing the outer-lower sides of my legs..

please advice
Old 07-03-23, 08:17 AM
Kbains71
6th Gear

Default LEXUS ES FSport

Originally Posted by ThumperPup
thank you
Don’t buy them if you have a bigger frame, I am mainly talking about the FSport bucket seats in the ES FSport.
The FSport bolsters were digging into my legs and the 3 hour journey was hell, and I just dropped 40k on them day before yesterday.

Will try contacting the Lexus dealer I bought from here in Pleasanton CA.

Let me know if anyone has an advise????
Old 07-03-23, 09:43 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,555 Likes on 1,821 Posts

Is it not clear to anyone and everyone that some will like them and others will not. Rhetorical question of course.
Old 05-22-24, 11:17 PM
drkyle
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Kbains71
Don’t buy them if you have a bigger frame, I am mainly talking about the FSport bucket seats in the ES FSport.
The FSport bolsters were digging into my legs and the 3 hour journey was hell, and I just dropped 40k on them day before yesterday.

Will try contacting the Lexus dealer I bought from here in Pleasanton CA.

Let me know if anyone has an advise????
This seems to be a common problem, I’m surprised I didn’t come across any information on it before I bought my ES F Sport. The seat felt odd at first, then it felt painful. After a couple of weeks it was actually difficult for me to get out of the car and walk. The salesman I was working with began looking for a luxury model for me but I really liked the F Sport in all other ways, so I found an automobile upholstery shop that transformed the seat into a very comfortable sitting experience. It cost me extra to go this route, but I’m glad I did.