ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

2022 ES 300h: Special Order Turnaround Time?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-22, 08:06 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,572 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Originally Posted by spineman
I test drove an 2021 ES 350 and instantly didn't like it. Then I got an ES 300h for a loaner. Been commuting with it for 6 days now. Wow, I really miss my GS 450h. Speaking of waiting, I don't ever think they'll get the part. But I don't mind putting miles on a dealers car and knowing I really can't stand FWD has been reinforced...lol The ES ride is very harsh, God forbid you hit a bump. Seats are lousy, the stock sound system is horrible. You would definitely need a ML. Turning radius is not very good and it is a big car. I parked next to a new accord the other day and they were nearly the same length, I concur. And the interior noise is also not "quiet" Very noticeable driver side wind noise and the tires must be POS worn out at 16000 miles. Bridgestone Turanzas are extremely loud. I'll be glad to have spent a few bucks fixing my car than wasting 45-55k on a newer ES hybrid. Just my 2c Thank you for letting me share my experience
Tell the ES forum more about how much you hate the ES A few of us here actually enjoy the ride.
The following 7 users liked this post by mikemu30:
ATL350 (03-23-22), dklanecky1 (03-23-22), LexBob2 (03-23-22), LexFinally (03-23-22), LS500Fan (03-23-22), mickbrown (03-23-22), TechNut (03-23-22) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-23-22, 09:33 AM
spineman
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Tell the ES forum more about how much you hate the ES A few of us here actually enjoy the ride.
I'm sorry. I really don't hate it. It is a really nice car compared to competition. I just wanted to like it more.
Old 03-23-22, 09:58 AM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

The ES350 ride is very luxurious. If you want better seats get the EA350 Ultra Luxury. The seats in the Ultra Luxury are thicker, softer and more comfortable than the seats in the regular Base and Premium model ES350. The Luxury model ES350 also has the same better seats that the Ultra Luxury model has.
Old 03-23-22, 10:08 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,572 Likes on 1,829 Posts

I'm sorry. I really don't hate it. It is a really nice car compared to competition. I just wanted to like it more.
We forgive you Good luck getting your GS repaired.
Old 03-23-22, 10:47 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,657 Posts

I test drove an 2021 ES 350 and instantly didn't like it. Then I got an ES 300h for a loaner. Been commuting with it for 6 days now. Wow, I really miss my GS 450h. Speaking of waiting, I don't ever think they'll get the part. But I don't mind putting miles on a dealers car and knowing I really can't stand FWD has been reinforced...lol The ES ride is very harsh, God forbid you hit a bump. Seats are lousy, the stock sound system is horrible. You would definitely need a ML. Turning radius is not very good and it is a big car. I parked next to a new accord the other day and they were nearly the same length, I concur. And the interior noise is also not "quiet" Very noticeable driver side wind noise and the tires must be POS worn out at 16000 miles. Bridgestone Turanzas are extremely loud. I'll be glad to have spent a few bucks fixing my car than wasting 45-55k on a newer ES hybrid. Just my 2c Thank you for letting me share my experience
The ES being TNGA is technically superior to the GS, having a magnitudes-stonger chassis/unibody than the GS. The GS is relatively a pile of mush compared. This is what does it for me.

The seats are hard and the ride is firm, but the class is high (lets face it all the kids are getting a hold of the GS nowadays and slamming them to the ground), and w/ hybrid, the economy is excellent.

despite the above flaws I'd still get another ESh. Also FWD vs RWD... well I'm not 17 anymore so RWD bro doesn't really matter. Sure you might have 10% better drift feel and steering response, but for 98% of ALL of our driving, that doesn't matter. I'd rather have space, size, safety, modern features, and class.

TNGA is great anyway.

Also my ES has no wind noise, no tire noise. So not sure what you're hearing.
Old 03-23-22, 10:49 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by glamglam
The ES350 ride is very luxurious. If you want better seats get the EA350 Ultra Luxury. The seats in the Ultra Luxury are thicker, softer and more comfortable than the seats in the regular Base and Premium model ES350. The Luxury model ES350 also has the same better seats that the Ultra Luxury model has.
To be fair people report the cushion/foam in the UL seats are exactly the same. there's complaints about the UL seats too after they're broken in. I think technically the difference is the covering material and the fact the bottom extends.

And to the other poster.. yes the ES is the same size as the Accord which is the same size as of the Avalon. i was the one who brought that fact on board.

I don't get what the complaint with that is though. Are you saying the ES SHOULD BE SMALLER? or BIGGER? or disappointed that it's the same size? I don't get it.
Old 03-23-22, 01:33 PM
ATL350
Advanced

Received 365 Likes on 220 Posts

Wow, so the ES ride varies from harsh to very luxurious. I’m awaiting (hopefully) delivery of my 22 ES UL and sure as hell hope it doesn’t have a harsh ride! I test drove a base ES (all the dealer had to show) but the ride seemed smooth to me. Yes, 1” smaller wheels which can make some difference.

I wonder what the broader consensus is on ride here? The only ride criticisms I’ve seen in reviews online were on the F Sport trim, which would make sense. Like with seat comfort, perhaps it’s in the eye (or butt) of the beholder?
Old 03-23-22, 02:51 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 952 Likes on 599 Posts

Originally Posted by ATL350
Wow, so the ES ride varies from harsh to very luxurious. I’m awaiting (hopefully) delivery of my 22 ES UL and sure as hell hope it doesn’t have a harsh ride! I test drove a base ES (all the dealer had to show) but the ride seemed smooth to me. Yes, 1” smaller wheels which can make some difference.

I wonder what the broader consensus is on ride here? The only ride criticisms I’ve seen in reviews online were on the F Sport trim, which would make sense. Like with seat comfort, perhaps it’s in the eye (or butt) of the beholder?
I have a UL. I personally think the ride is about as firm as the F Sport should have been. It's quite comfortable and absorbent when compared with the broad universe of automobiles, but definitely stiffer in my opinion than the public image of the car. Sharp bumps do get through more than I wish they did, which I suspect is partly because of the 18" wheels and low-profile tires. There's only so much that suspension engineers can do without more help from the rubber, and I think that extra 1 inch would be helpful but not a game changer.

BTW, my car is too new for CT's seat firmness comment to apply, but I have no such complaints yet. I've found the seats both well padded and well shaped. I have seen more than one review comment that the F Sport seats are harder.
The following users liked this post:
ATL350 (03-23-22)
Old 03-23-22, 03:47 PM
wmoor004
Pit Crew

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts

The ES ride is very harsh, God forbid you hit a bump.
Is this a serious statement? What are your previous cars- other than the GS which ride is not better than the ES? My opinion. In all honesty, I have owned several luxury and none luxury vehicles and the ES ride is far from harsh. However, I dare not question your experiences.

Seats are lousy, the stock sound system is horrible. You would definitely need a ML.
The seats on my UL are not bad but not as comfortable as my Mercedes. I agree the stock system is not good at all expectionally if you want anything that resembles surroundsound. My wife 2019 ES does not have the ML and she is preparing to go aftermarket.

Turning radius is not very good and it is a big car.
My Mercedes has spoiled me. I can do a u-turn in a driveway! 😆 I will have to try out the ES.

And the interior noise is also not "quiet" Very noticeable driver side wind noise and the tires must be POS worn out at 16000 miles. Bridgestone Turanzas are extremely loud. I'll be glad to have spent a few bucks fixing my car than wasting 45-55k on a newer ES hybrid.
I am confused. What have you driven or owned in the past? This is comical! 😆 😆 Have you drive an S Class? Better yet, spend the extra coin purchase the S Class Mercedes and wash all your troubles away.
Just kidding. Your opinion is just that... For the price provide me with a list of vehicle that check all of your boxes.
ATL350 (03-24-22)
Old 03-25-22, 07:26 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

The ES300h has a smaller turning radius than the Mercedes E300, BMW 530i, and Audi A6. LOL basically the strongest and smallest turning circle..

No wonder why i was baffled by those oddball claims of "this car has a poor circle hard to turn"

Nope. Actually the smallest circle and the strongest in its class.

Like I said it's just a big car with long overhangs... get used to it.
Old 03-26-22, 04:05 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

I own the Mercedes Benz E300. The seats are comfortable but nothing to boast about. I used to own a Challenger RT Scat Pack Widebody that had the huge captain’s chairs in it. The seats were VERY comfortable. They “beat” the comfort of my E300. I’ve driven the regular ES350 Premium Package and I did notice that the bottom cushion in the driver’s seat is a little hard just like the one in the Camry LE. I’ve also sat inside the ES350 Ultra Luxury and the bottom cushion in the UL feels very comfortable and soft. It doesn’t feel hard like the Premium Package seats. I had the opportunity to drive the Premium Package ES350 again for a few more times and the third and fourth times I didn’t notice the hardness of the seat cushion like I did the first time around. So maybe the seats in the Premium Package ES350 need a little getting used to.
Old 03-26-22, 04:19 PM
PrznPrince
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by glamglam
I own the Mercedes Benz E300. The seats are comfortable but nothing to boast about. I used to own a Challenger RT Scat Pack Widebody that had the huge captain’s chairs in it. The seats were VERY comfortable. They “beat” the comfort of my E300. I’ve driven the regular ES350 Premium Package and I did notice that the bottom cushion in the driver’s seat is a little hard just like the one in the Camry LE. I’ve also sat inside the ES350 Ultra Luxury and the bottom cushion in the UL feels very comfortable and soft. It doesn’t feel hard like the Premium Package seats. I had the opportunity to drive the Premium Package ES350 again for a few more times and the third and fourth times I didn’t notice the hardness of the seat cushion like I did the first time around. So maybe the seats in the Premium Package ES350 need a little getting used to.
This is very true, I got mine in Dec 2021 and it was fresh off the factory and noticed some stiffness but still quite pleasant. Fast forward and its very soft and comfy
ATL350 (03-26-22)