ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

2022 ES 300h: Special Order Turnaround Time?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-21 | 07:27 PM
Mchezaji
Driver School Candidate

Default 2022 ES 300h: Special Order Turnaround Time?

Hi all,

after a long search, I am ready to replace my honda accord with a 2022 ES 300h Ultra Luxury. Ideally in Caviar w Acorn interior with triple beam and Mark Levinson stereo.

Here in the Pacific Northwest these cars seem to not be available and dealer trades are tricky because of the added shipping required (nothing on the west coast so shipping costs are higher).

So my question is: what is the turnaround time on a special order for anyone who has tried recently? Is it 6 months?

Thanks
Old 12-22-21 | 07:26 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

What year Accord do you have? Just curious.
Old 12-22-21 | 08:15 AM
LS500Fan
Instructor

I "ordered" a ES300h UL last month here in Canada, I was told 4 months. But there are no orders here in Canada, just allocations, to my knowledge. If my config shows up at another Lexus dealer (in transit) they are going to try to get it (trade something for it).

I don't know if it works the same in the US but it's entirely stupid. I have bought two specific Prius' in the past and they weren't able to "order" either. Just dealer trade from one place and I waited 5 months for my Plug-In Prius.
Old 12-22-21 | 09:09 AM
Mchezaji
Driver School Candidate

2018 1.5T CVT Touring

Originally Posted by E46CT
What year Accord do you have? Just curious.
Old 12-22-21 | 09:15 AM
Mchezaji
Driver School Candidate

This seems like what one dealer is telling me. They are basically dissuading me from ordering and saying every month new allocations open up and they will see what they can get.

Another dealer is saying Luxury snd Ultra Luxury are “order cars” and it will take 4-6 months.

So I am trying to understand what the reality is here and willing to wait 3-4 months else pass and try later when things are less crazy.

Originally Posted by LS500Fan
I "ordered" a ES300h UL last month here in Canada, I was told 4 months. But there are no orders here in Canada, just allocations, to my knowledge. If my config shows up at another Lexus dealer (in transit) they are going to try to get it (trade something for it).

I don't know if it works the same in the US but it's entirely stupid. I have bought two specific Prius' in the past and they weren't able to "order" either. Just dealer trade from one place and I waited 5 months for my Plug-In Prius.
Old 12-22-21 | 09:31 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Mchezaji
2018 1.5T CVT Touring

Ahh how come you are trading it in for an ES? want something more luxurious? just wondering the reasons =)
Old 12-22-21 | 09:47 AM
Mchezaji
Driver School Candidate

Ahh how come you are trading it in for an ES? want something more luxurious? just wondering the reasons =)

Dead quiet cabin
Fuel efficiency
Better stereo
Luxury

I don’t need performance or driving engagement. I have other cars for that.

If Honda made a true luxury version of the Accord that did the above, I’d buy it. The Acura TLX doesn’t qualify due to interior cabin being smaller (especially back seat), and relatively poor fuel efficiency.

The Accord is a great car but I want something more comfy quiet efficient for my hellish commute.
Old 12-22-21 | 09:58 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Ahh. Did you know the Accord is almost an identical twin to the ES? I did extremely heavy research. Interior and exterior dimensions are nearly identical. Length, size, width, legroom, headroom, shoulder room, hip room. In fact in some dimensions, the accord is ever so slightly bigger. Trunk size? identical. Safety? nearly identical.

I haven't driven the new Accord but I will say that given the similarities, I'm not 100% sure it will ride all that different from the ES. In fact if you're on the comfy 16" wheels on the Accord, it may ride better.

The Accord is Avalon/ES sized and the Civic is more Camry sized. It's weird. But yeah whenever I see an Accord out on the street (current gen accord) I know it's the ES's twin from another manufacturer. Acura should make an ES competitor using the Accord chassis. it's strange in that it's nearly identical to the ES in every dimension. Like almost if the engineers got together and decided to design twins. I even tracked down the detailed measurement and engineering reports for both cars slamming their sides into a solid steel pole, and both structures deformed almost literally the exact same amount in the exact same spots. Like DEAD identical.

The ES will probably be a bit quieter i give you that but after owning two 2021 ESs, I wouldn't call it "Dead quiet." It also rides kind of rough/harsh at times. I owned one with 17" wheels and now the 18" premium wheels which rides even rougher. Overall comfortable but not as comfortable or quiet as you'd might expect coming from another car.
Old 12-22-21 | 10:06 AM
Mchezaji
Driver School Candidate

The dimensions being similar to my Accord is one of the reasons the ES is interesting to me. I have driven both and I prefer the Lexus but agree they are similar.

Relative to the Accord 1.5T, the ES 300h luxury is much quieter.

Ahh. Did you know the Accord is almost an identical twin to the ES? I did extremely heavy research. Interior and exterior dimensions are nearly identical. Length, size, width, legroom, headroom, shoulder room, hip room. In fact in some dimensions, the accord is ever so slightly bigger. Trunk size? identical. Safety? nearly identical.

I haven't driven the new Accord but I will say that given the similarities, I'm not 100% sure it will ride all that different from the ES. In fact if you're on the comfy 16" wheels on the Accord, it may ride better.

The Accord is Avalon/ES sized and the Civic is more Camry sized. It's weird. But yeah whenever I see an Accord out on the street (current gen accord) I know it's the ES's twin from another manufacturer. Acura should make an ES competitor using the Accord chassis. it's strange in that it's nearly identical to the ES in every dimension. Like almost if the engineers got together and decided to design twins. I even tracked down the detailed measurement and engineering reports for both cars slamming their sides into a solid steel pole, and both structures deformed almost literally the exact same amount in the exact same spots. Like DEAD identical.

The ES will probably be a bit quieter i give you that but after owning two 2021 ESs, I wouldn't call it "Dead quiet." It also rides kind of rough/harsh at times. I owned one with 17" wheels and now the 18" premium wheels which rides even rougher. Overall comfortable but not as comfortable or quiet as you'd might expect coming from another car.
The following users liked this post:
LexFinally (12-22-21)
Old 12-22-21 | 10:24 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

No worries. Just saying you might want to consider just enjoying the Accord. Also the ES has hard seats. Just FYI.
Old 12-22-21 | 12:49 PM
Mchezaji
Driver School Candidate

No worries. Just saying you might want to consider just enjoying the Accord. Also the ES has hard seats. Just FYI.
I appreciate the notes here. Indeed the ES has harder seats. Agreed. Still works for me thankfully.
The following users liked this post:
LexFinally (12-22-21)
Old 03-21-22 | 12:50 PM
lmocenigo
Driver School Candidate

Default Still waiting ....

I ordered a 2021 Lexus UX250h in May. They said it would be in around July and it wasn't. In September the dealer said they stopped making 2021s so we'd have to get a 2022 and we'd get "one of the first ones off the assembly line." hahaha. It's now March 2022 and still no new car. What's most frustrating is the lack of communication. We hear in the news that there are supply chain issues, but I'd love to know some details on whether or not this is what's affecting our order. Nothing from our salesperson or from Lexus corporate. I've been tempted to see if some other manufacturers have cars available, but it took us a lot of time and research to narrow it down to this car (quiet and comfortable interior, great turning radius and size for life in the city, hybrid model) so we are trying to be patient. If anyone has heard anything more, I'd love to know if they think we'll ever see our 2022 UX250h.
Old 03-21-22 | 03:08 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by lmocenigo
I ordered a 2021 Lexus UX250h in May. They said it would be in around July and it wasn't. In September the dealer said they stopped making 2021s so we'd have to get a 2022 and we'd get "one of the first ones off the assembly line." hahaha. It's now March 2022 and still no new car. What's most frustrating is the lack of communication. We hear in the news that there are supply chain issues, but I'd love to know some details on whether or not this is what's affecting our order. Nothing from our salesperson or from Lexus corporate. I've been tempted to see if some other manufacturers have cars available, but it took us a lot of time and research to narrow it down to this car (quiet and comfortable interior, great turning radius and size for life in the city, hybrid model) so we are trying to be patient. If anyone has heard anything more, I'd love to know if they think we'll ever see our 2022 UX250h.
Isn’t the UX250h the hybrid SUV? Maybe you’re trying to find out information on the ES250h 4 door sedan?

Last edited by glamglam; 03-21-22 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-21-22 | 04:09 PM
LexFinally
Pole Position

Originally Posted by glamglam
Isn’t the UX250h the hybrid SUV? Maybe you’re trying to find out information on the ES250h 4 door sedan?
There is no ES 250h. The four-banger with AWD is the ES 250. The hybrid is the ES 300h.

If he wants a "great turning radius and size (for) the city," I'm confident there's no risk he mistook his choice for an ES.
Old 03-22-22 | 08:22 PM
spineman
Pit Crew

I test drove an 2021 ES 350 and instantly didn't like it. Then I got an ES 300h for a loaner. Been commuting with it for 6 days now. Wow, I really miss my GS 450h. Speaking of waiting, I don't ever think they'll get the part. But I don't mind putting miles on a dealers car and knowing I really can't stand FWD has been reinforced...lol The ES ride is very harsh, God forbid you hit a bump. Seats are lousy, the stock sound system is horrible. You would definitely need a ML. Turning radius is not very good and it is a big car. I parked next to a new accord the other day and they were nearly the same length, I concur. And the interior noise is also not "quiet" Very noticeable driver side wind noise and the tires must be POS worn out at 16000 miles. Bridgestone Turanzas are extremely loud. I'll be glad to have spent a few bucks fixing my car than wasting 45-55k on a newer ES hybrid. Just my 2c Thank you for letting me share my experience

Quick Reply: 2022 ES 300h: Special Order Turnaround Time?