ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Any issues with the 7th gen ES350 F Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-22 | 09:33 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jack1986
Thanks! I actually like the suspension. I don’t like the soft suspension of most luxury vehicles. I like a firm suspension. The Honda I had was stiff but a little too stiff. This is just right. The only problem I have with the car so far is that I don’t like how thick the sidewall on the tires are. The Honda Accord I had had wheels that were 1/2” wider. That 1/2 made a huge difference because the tires on the ES are the same exact size as the ones I had on the Accord and the Honda had more of a stretch on the sidewall, and that’s what I like. The Honda had Goodyear tires but I think the higher trim Hondas with 19” wheels had the same Michelin tires and they had the same amount of stretch as the Goodyears. Oh well. At least I’m less likely to curb check the rims.

I also don’t like the toggle switches for the AC controls. They take forever. You could control the Honda AC temperature much faster. Other than that, I really like the car.
You say that now but wait til you get a little bit older. LOL. My last cars were sporty things that rode stiff. it gets old.

The ES is still comfortable but too much on the firm side, even having a non-F Sport. I wanted something that sags and dips like a lincoln town car. those days are gone though. because youtubers sort of drive car design. everything is all about TrAcK TiMeS BrO. anything that doesn't have sharp stiff handling gets toasted into oblivion by auto journalists.
The following 2 users liked this post by E46CT:
GS350Miami (05-06-22), Jack1986 (05-05-22)
Old 05-05-22 | 09:51 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by E46CT
You say that now but wait til you get a little bit older. LOL. My last cars were sporty things that rode stiff. it gets old.

The ES is still comfortable but too much on the firm side, even having a non-F Sport. I wanted something that sags and dips like a lincoln town car. those days are gone though. because youtubers sort of drive car design. everything is all about TrAcK TiMeS BrO. anything that doesn't have sharp stiff handling gets toasted into oblivion by auto journalists.
Not sure about that. I still prefer the ES FSport ride to my wife's living room couch RX ride.
The following users liked this post:
doncmleon (05-07-22)
Old 05-05-22 | 12:02 PM
Jack1986
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by E46CT

I know what you mean. I’m only 35 years old and don’t have back issues but I’m pretty sure I’ll want a softer suspension when I get older. I used to own classic cars including a 79 Mark Mark and a 76 coupe De’ville so I know how pleasant a soft ride can be. Do you know how the ultra luxury models ride?
Old 05-05-22 | 12:25 PM
LexFinally
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jack1986
I know what you mean. I’m only 35 years old and don’t have back issues but I’m pretty sure I’ll want a softer suspension when I get older. I used to own classic cars including a 79 Mark Mark and a 76 coupe De’ville so I know how pleasant a soft ride can be. Do you know how the ultra luxury models ride?
The UL's ride stiffer than base, because they pair the base suspension with larger wheels and lower-section tires. They add the performance dampers but that helps with solidity, not ride softness. The base hybrid is probably the softest variant available.
The following users liked this post:
Jack1986 (05-05-22)
Old 05-17-22 | 01:16 AM
Prado
Driver

Originally Posted by ESh
I was in Dubai in 2018, and the 6th gen ES350 was the most common car I saw. What is the situation with the 7ES?

In general most of the 7 gen are sold as Careem Cars (premium uber) ie ES 300H stripped down. Private car sales are in the minority, as it is a sedan and at that price $53K+ people rather take a SUV. Lexus is been hit hard with BMW and Audi competition, people feel lexus is no longer value luxury brand it used to be.

In Abu Dhabi the nation's capital locals prefer ES350 for it's smooth and quiet ride as they have long highway drives.

Old 05-17-22 | 01:21 AM
Prado
Driver

Originally Posted by ATL350
The low profile tires (narrower sidewalls) is one of the prime reasons for bad riding characteristics on many cars. People insist on the biggest wheels and lowest profile tire combinations are practically guaranteeing a stiff to harsh ride, depending on suspension and dampening considerations.

it has more to do with suspension setting, i have ridden and driven by friends' 20 inch BMW and Mercedes SUV and sedans and they offer a very good ride quality.

like i said earlier to me ES 350 Fsport is 9/10 , only faulted by it's stiff/harsher/rough ride. Only BMW 5 series is probably the only car that has managed to balance the magical combination of sporty ride and comfort compliance.

Last edited by Prado; 05-18-22 at 05:31 AM.