ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

interior noise level

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-22, 08:10 AM
CaviarES
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile No noise compaints

Can't say I have any noise complaints with my 21 ES - it's an F-Sport and even with low profile 19" rims in city and on decent highway roads it is actually too quiet lol. On rough road surfaces you can of course hear noises but those are nicely deadened.

Suspension on the other hand I don't like all the 'sport' stiffness but I prefer the seats and every other thing on the F-sport so I am willing to live with that. Sound system is barely ok being not ML - really regret not getting the ML upgrade as with a near silent cabin listening to great music on great audio system could have been very nice.
Old 01-14-22, 10:12 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,572 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Originally Posted by CaviarES
Can't say I have any noise complaints with my 21 ES - it's an F-Sport and even with low profile 19" rims in city and on decent highway roads it is actually too quiet lol. On rough road surfaces you can of course hear noises but those are nicely deadened.

Suspension on the other hand I don't like all the 'sport' stiffness but I prefer the seats and every other thing on the F-sport so I am willing to live with that. Sound system is barely ok being not ML - really regret not getting the ML upgrade as with a near silent cabin listening to great music on great audio system could have been very nice.
I agree the ride is very quiet and I don't notice any difference in noise with smaller wheels that I've had with non FSport loaners. ML meh - I have it and it's okay but it would never be a non-starter for me.
Old 01-14-22, 05:50 PM
DavidZ
Instructor

Received 311 Likes on 218 Posts

My favorite features of the ES are the extremely smooth and quiet ride which allows me to fully enjoy the amazing ML sound system. The excellent reliability is another great feature. I'm a very happy camper!
The following users liked this post:
LexFinally (01-15-22)
Old 01-15-22, 12:17 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DavidZ
My favorite features of the ES are the extremely smooth and quiet ride which allows me to fully enjoy the amazing ML sound system. The excellent reliability is another great feature. I'm a very happy camper!
Cmon David admit you hate the ML system🤣🤣
Old 01-15-22, 12:42 PM
DavidZ
Instructor

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Cmon David admit you hate the ML system🤣🤣
The only time I hate the ML system is when I forget my iPhone and have to listen to SiriusXM.
Old 01-15-22, 03:47 PM
grp52
Instructor

Received 568 Likes on 399 Posts

The only time I hate the ML system is when I forget my iPhone and have to listen to SiriusXM.
First world problem. Listen to non-HD FM or AM radio for a while and you'll be singing the praises to anyone who'll listen on the high quality sound you get from SiriusXM satellite radio.
Old 01-15-22, 05:10 PM
DavidZ
Instructor

Originally Posted by grp52
First world problem. Listen to non-HD FM or AM radio for a while and you'll be singing the praises to anyone who'll listen on the high quality sound you get from SiriusXM satellite radio.
Yes, SiriusXM is a step above nonHD FM.

Speaking of FM, I couldn't figure out how to access HD FM. But since you mentioned it, I Googled it and there's a YouTube tutorial,,,
. I've got to give that a try! Thanks for mentioning it.
Old 01-15-22, 05:40 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, SiriusXM is a step above nonHD FM.

Speaking of FM, I couldn't figure out how to access HD FM. But since you mentioned it, I Googled it and there's a YouTube tutorial,,, YouTube tutorial. I've got to give that a try! Thanks for mentioning it.
I listen to HD almost every day. The thing I love about it is you get high quality sound for some AM stations that broadcast in HD. Yes I'm a nerd now and then and like to listen to news radio on my drive to work.
Old 01-15-22, 05:42 PM
grp52
Instructor

Received 568 Likes on 399 Posts

...Speaking of FM, I couldn't figure out how to access HD FM. ...I've got to give that a try! Thanks for mentioning it.
I'm not too sure how compete and accurate it is but with HD Radio Digital AM & FM stations you can get local city based station lists along with each stations HD channel list and channel genre. (Just click on the city box and you sould get a pop up form to change the location.)
Old 01-15-22, 05:46 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

And accessing those stations is pretty simple. Just tune into the frequency that you know carries the HD signal. Once it locks in, you should then see HD1, HD2 etc. Turn the tune **** to scroll to the one you want and save it as a favorite. The HD stations take a second or two to grab the signal just as a heads up so there's silence during those few secs.
Old 01-15-22, 06:10 PM
DavidZ
Instructor

Originally Posted by grp52
I'm not too sure how compete and accurate it is but with HD Radio Digital AM & FM stations you can get local city based station lists along with each stations HD channel list and channel genre. (Just click on the city box and you sould get a pop up form to change the location.)
That generates a nice list for me. Thanks.

And accessing those stations is pretty simple. Just tune into the frequency that you know carries the HD signal. Once it locks in, you should then see HD1, HD2 etc. Turn the tune **** to scroll to the one you want and save it as a favorite. The HD stations take a second or two to grab the signal just as a heads up so there's silence during those few secs.
Yes, I see that trick now after watching the YouTube video. About a year ago, I saw the HD stations listed on the big screen, but had no idea how to access them.

Also, according to the video, it simultaneously"caches" (i.e., saves) the last 60 minutes of up to 20 SiriusXM channels that you preset. In other words, you can scroll through and select any of those 20 channels and rewind the last 60 minutes. Pretty slick. However, I suspect that the cache is deleted when you turn your car off. That would mean that when you start your car again, the cache starts at zero and builds up over time.
Old 01-15-22, 08:45 PM
RASIT
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

does anyone know the weights for 17" and 18" OEM wheels?
Old 01-16-22, 06:08 PM
DavidZ
Instructor

I checked out the HD FM feature. I was not impressed. Turns out I was already listening to HD FM. The infotainment system automatically upgrades the signal to HD if it's available. The problem is the sound sucks. It's a couple of steps below SiriusXM. Also, there's no simultaneous caching. That's only available for SiriusXM.
Old 01-16-22, 06:15 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

I checked out the HD FM feature. I was not impressed. Turns out I was already listening to HD FM. The infotainment system automatically upgrades the signal to HD if it's available. The problem is the sound sucks. It's a couple of steps below SiriusXM. Also, there's no simultaneous caching. That's only available for SiriusXM.
I suspect you have a hearing problem. I listen to 101.1 HD2 cbs newsradio 880 every morning and its as crystal clear as you could ask for.
Old 01-16-22, 06:27 PM
DavidZ
Instructor

I suspect you have a hearing problem. I listen to 101.1 HD2 cbs newsradio 880 every morning and its as crystal clear as you could ask for.
So you're judging audio quality based on AM talk radio?!

Quick Reply: interior noise level