Remote start with key fob?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-22, 06:16 PM
SunilP
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Remote start with key fob?

Hi everyone,
I’ve seen a lot YouTube videos showing a late model a Lexus remote starting using the key fob. The videos say to press the lock button 3 times, locking the car, hold on the third press and the car will start. I’ve tired this sequence and others countless times on my 2022 ES 300h ÚL, and it won’t start.

Has anyone been able to get this to work?

Thanks for your help.

Sunil
Old 01-24-22, 06:29 PM
Dallas250
Intermediate

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

You can’t press the lock button too quickly it’s more like a press it count one press it count one press it and hold for 5 to 6 seconds then release. Also do you have the ability to remote start with the app to make sure the functionality at least works?
Old 01-24-22, 07:02 PM
SunilP
Rookie

Originally Posted by Dallas250
You can’t press the lock button too quickly it’s more like a press it count one press it count one press it and hold for 5 to 6 seconds then release. Also do you have the ability to remote start with the app to make sure the functionality at least works?
Thanks, I think I’m doing that. I’ll try again. Yes the app remote starts fine.
Old 01-25-22, 05:56 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 560 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by SunilP
Hi everyone,
I’ve seen a lot YouTube videos showing a late model a Lexus remote starting using the key fob. The videos say to press the lock button 3 times, locking the car, hold on the third press and the car will start. I’ve tired this sequence and others countless times on my 2022 ES 300h ÚL, and it won’t start.

Has anyone been able to get this to work?

Thanks for your help.

Sunil
How far are you from your car? Can't be too far. This is a short range remote start. Long range is the app.
Old 01-25-22, 05:56 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Thanks, I think I’m doing that. I’ll try again. Yes the app remote starts fine.
I do it every day - three presses and hold third for a few seconds. Works every time.
The following 2 users liked this post by mikemu30:
dklanecky1 (01-25-22), wmoor004 (01-25-22)
Old 01-25-22, 07:54 AM
LexusJoey
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

You can't pound the lock button 3x times. You have to let the car "lock" itself before pressing it again.
The following users liked this post:
bc6152 (01-26-22)
Old 01-26-22, 12:59 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 513 Likes on 355 Posts

Press the lock button twice within 2 seconds and the 3rd time press and hold for 3 seconds. The turn signals will flash a couple of times and the car will start similarly to the remote app start. (I always keep pressing down until the turn signals flash.) Once remotely started you can also stop the car by pressing the unlock button and the hazards will flash a couple of times. You can also press and hold the lock button for 2 seconds to stop as well and the car will remain locked after the engine stops.
Old 01-26-22, 07:37 AM
SunilP
Rookie

Originally Posted by 19ES350lux
Press the lock button twice within 2 seconds and the 3rd time press and hold for 3 seconds. The turn signals will flash a couple of times and the car will start similarly to the remote app start. (I always keep pressing down until the turn signals flash.) Once remotely started you can also stop the car by pressing the unlock button and the hazards will flash a couple of times. You can also press and hold the lock button for 2 seconds to stop as well and the car will remain locked after the engine stops.
I tried again this morning and still does not work. The owner's manual does not say anything about remote start from the key fob. Is there a setting in the car to disable or enable this feature, or maybe it was dropped in favor of the Lexus enform app?
Old 01-26-22, 09:50 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

I tried again this morning and still does not work. The owner's manual does not say anything about remote start from the key fob. Is there a setting in the car to disable or enable this feature, or maybe it was dropped in favor of the Lexus enform app?
The manual has NEVER said anything about it. It's a big secret that everyone knows about. I guess there's a problem with yours though.
Old 01-26-22, 09:53 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 560 Likes on 398 Posts

There is a seperate manual for remote start using fob on Lexus website that you can download and read.

Keep in mind it will only work in short range.
Old 01-26-22, 10:27 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,286 Likes on 896 Posts

I experienced this early on. What I was doing wrong was hesitating between presses. As some have previously stated, the presses must be done in a sequence. Press and see the mirrors flash, press and see the mirrors flash, press and the mirrors will flash several times and the car will start. No hesitation with any of the presses, but wait until you see the corresponding flash.
I just had to teach my son-in-law this procedure on the NX where he didn't even know he had RS by the fob. He failed several times but then got it. I truly believe that there's nothing wrong with your system. GOOD LUCK and let us know how you make out...
Old 01-26-22, 11:54 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bc6152
I experienced this early on. What I was doing wrong was hesitating between presses. As some have previously stated, the presses must be done in a sequence. Press and see the mirrors flash, press and see the mirrors flash, press and the mirrors will flash several times and the car will start. No hesitation with any of the presses, but wait until you see the corresponding flash.
I just had to teach my son-in-law this procedure on the NX where he didn't even know he had RS by the fob. He failed several times but then got it. I truly believe that there's nothing wrong with your system. GOOD LUCK and let us know how you make out...
Great point BC - when I use the fob as opposed to the app, I'm within sight distance of the car so I can see the flashes.
Old 01-26-22, 07:39 PM
SunilP
Rookie

Must be something wrong I’m within sight of the car I can see and hear the beeps and flashes, still nothing.
Old 01-27-22, 07:25 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Must be something wrong I’m within sight of the car I can see and hear the beeps and flashes, still nothing.
You get the rapid multiple flashes after the final press and hold and it still doesn't start? Then there seems to be something wrong.
Old 01-27-22, 12:15 PM
SunilP
Rookie

Default It worked!

I got the key fob remote start to work. Seems I have waited a little too long between lock button pushes. 3X quick pushes and hold on the 3rd. it started!
Thanks, everyone!

The following 2 users liked this post by SunilP:
doncmleon (01-27-22), LexFinally (02-04-22)

Quick Reply: Remote start with key fob?