ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Price Paid before Taxes/Fees

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-22, 01:44 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by glamglam
Thats why I just purchased a 6 cylinder Lexus ES350 and a 6 cylinder Toyota Limited 6 cylinder. The 4 cylinder engine and the EV craze will backfire. Just give it some time. Also, over 35% of the jabronis that purchase EV’s go back to ICE gasoline vehicles.
C'mon was the jabroni comment really necessary? I too would like to know where this 35% figure came from.
Old 05-09-22, 02:13 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by dezymond
You do realize the V6 is going the way of the dinosaur right? So not exactly sure what you mean by it'll backfire. Clearly the car industry is moving in the direction of hybrid or even more passive hybrid systems found in the German big 3 and EV. Toyota and Lexus already committed to it. I'm also curious where you pulled that 35% statistic.

I resisted hybrid and EV for so long and thought very lowly of them, but they just make perfect sense for my drive/commute. So I will be taking the plunge and am looking forward to a more relaxing commute. Eventually an EV may make its way into my fleet but for now I'm pretty happy I'll be getting a hybrid that's basically been perfected over the last 20yrs, combined with the luxury of a Lexus.

​​​
I prefer the ICE gasoline engine over a hybrid, but if I had to choose between an EV and a hybrid, I would choose a hybrid over the EV. I’m hoping that they will make a 6 cylinder hybrid down the road. I prefer a 6 cylinder over the anemic 4 cylinder hybrid.
Old 05-09-22, 02:15 PM
Jack1986
Pit Crew

Received 104 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by LS500Fan
There will be a time in the future where your only option is a four-cylinder Lexus or an electric Lexus.
This is very true. I dread that day… but in the meantime, HELLO HORSEPOWER 😛
Old 05-09-22, 02:17 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by LexBob2
C'mon was the jabroni comment really necessary? I too would like to know where this 35% figure came from.
I read the 35% figure in one of the automotive publications just last week, but I don’t remember which one. It said that over 30% to 35% of the people that buy EV’s don’t like them and that they go back to the ICE gasoline engine. Believe it or not, that’s what they’re doing and that’s a very good thing because EV’s are a effin joke. They’re unreliable and they have lots of problems and it’s an inconvenience to own an EV.
Old 05-09-22, 02:24 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 945 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Agree. I tried to give the man a graceful way out, but he wouldn't take it.
The following 2 users liked this post by LexFinally:
TechNut (05-10-22), UltraLux22 (05-09-22)
Old 05-09-22, 03:01 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by LexFinally
Sorry about the jabroni comment. I’m not the type of person who likes this EV thing shoved down my throat. Im sorry, but I’m not into communist EV cars. Also, I believe that forcing the population to buy EV’s is a bad thing and that the people in charge doing this just want to control what we purchase and limit our choices of nice cars. Maybe some people don’t see this, but this is exactly what’s happening. I don’t know about you, but I would like to have choices to buy whatever I want. I don’t like to be told and forced to buy EV’s just because the government is pushing it. This is wrong. People who are free thinkers understand what I’m trying to say here. However, there are a lot of people in this country who are not free thinkers. Those are the people that I was referring to in my previous post. They’re the ones being brainwashed to believe that EV’s are the next best thing to sliced bread when they’re really not. Again, I’m sorry for the jabroni comment. I just wanted to clear up everything. Now let’s all move on.

Last edited by glamglam; 05-09-22 at 03:58 PM.
The following users liked this post:
bc6152 (05-11-22)
Old 05-09-22, 04:20 PM
2022ES300h
10th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Personally, I went with the hybrid because of the fuel mileage, and the power is adequate enough for me. Another thing that's better on the hybrid that (I assume) most of you don't use enough, is the ACC. I think this new LSS 2.5 system is awesome, and a whole lot smoother than LSS-P I had in my RX. And it can make highway or traffic driving a lot nicer without having to downshifts a bunch. Plus, it can just use regen braking to pull the car back instead of brakes, means that the energy doesn't go to waste.
I don't condone doing this, but you can set cruise control on the highway, turn on LKAS and LCA, then set some small weight like a phone or a flashlight on the steering wheel. And it won't beep at you on the highway for not having your hands on the steering wheel. It's not perfect like OpenPilot, but it's 90% there.
Another thing to mention, if you guys decide to take your vehicle in for tint, make sure they don't torch the tint. The tinting people torched my window and I'm pretty sure it burnt the water repellant coating off of it, still waiting for a resolution.
Old 05-09-22, 04:47 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 477 Likes on 298 Posts

I read the 35% figure in one of the automotive publications just last week, but I don’t remember which one. It said that over 30% to 35% of the people that buy EV’s don’t like them and that they go back to the ICE gasoline engine. Believe it or not, that’s what they’re doing and that’s a very good thing because EV’s are a effin joke. They’re unreliable and they have lots of problems and it’s an inconvenience to own an EV.
How are EVs a joke? What problems have you heard and those that are properly set up (e.g., home charging) find it far more convenient than even a 5min trip to the gas station. Many people complain about lack of range, is that one of your gripes of EV? EVs to me make total sense as a car, but I just don't have the setup which I deem necessary for an EV, home charging. I'm also not willing to set all that up as I may find myself in a different place a year or two from now.

Sorry about the jabroni comment. I’m not the type of person who likes this EV thing shoved down my throat. Im sorry, but I’m not into communist EV cars. Also, I believe that forcing the population to buy EV’s is a bad thing and that the people in charge doing this just want to control what we purchase and limit our choices of nice cars. Maybe some people don’t see this, but this is exactly what’s happening. I don’t know about you, but I would like to have choices to buy whatever I want. I don’t like to be told and forced to buy EV’s just because the government is pushing it. This is wrong. People who are free thinkers understand what I’m trying to say here. However, there are a lot of people in this country who are not free thinkers. Those are the people that I was referring to in my previous post. They’re the ones being brainwashed to believe that EV’s are the next best thing to sliced bread when they’re really not. Again, I’m sorry for the jabroni comment. I just wanted to clear up everything. Now let’s all move on.
No one is forcing you to buy an EV, that's why you have purchased two V6 vehicles. Are they strongly suggesting? Yeah they are, but you don't have to listen and no one is jamming anything down your throat unless you let them.

You mentioned having choices, yet you're crapping on hybrids and EVs, as well as the people who have bought or are considering buying. If you want to have choices and like having your opinion heard/matter, then I suggest you do the same and be open minded as well. I am a free thinker and I freely chose a 300h as my next car, without government influence as well (wow shocking right?). People make choices based on what works for them, same as you my friend.

Choice of cars is all subjective and opinion based. Your current opinions on EV/Hybrid is very strong and your assumption of the consumers is strong as well. You don't have to accept, but how about try listening and not resisting. To me there's some political agenda you may be trying to point out here, I'm not for that, I'm not about to engage in politics on a car forum. An EV is still a car and there are some damn good EVs out there. Are they for everyone? No. And neither is a V6, or a 4cyl. I have friends who will not go less than a V8, but they're able to give their opinions about "lesser cars" without resorting to name calling or pointing to some other irrelevant agenda.
The following 2 users liked this post by dezymond:
TechNut (05-10-22), UltraLux22 (05-09-22)
Old 05-09-22, 05:10 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 529 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFinally
I've given him the benefit of the doubt probably for the last time. I think both of us have made attempts that have proven fruitless. I'm done with it myself.
Old 05-09-22, 06:34 PM
glamglam
Instructor

I’m just saying that the people behind this EV agenda want to eliminate the ICE gasoline engine completely. I wouldn’t mind EV’s if these “agenda setters” didn’t want to eliminate the ICE gasoline engine. Give people a choice to select “both” options rather planning to eliminate the ICE gasoline engine only allowing EV’s as the only choice in 2030 and 2035. That’s what bothers me. You guys don’t understand. People need to have choices. The organization that makes the CAFE laws do not want to keep the ICE gasoline engine alive. They want to kill it. That’s what I don’t agree with. Leave the ICE gasoline engine alone and have both options available for the people. Not only the EV option. I’m speaking out here because some of you in here may not see what I’m seeing. The EV is a big danger to the ICE gasoline engine if the organization bans the ICE gasoline engine in the future. Do you understand?

Last edited by glamglam; 05-10-22 at 01:30 AM.
The following users liked this post:
LS500Fan (05-10-22)
Old 05-09-22, 07:12 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by UltraLux22
I've given him the benefit of the doubt probably for the last time. I think both of us have made attempts that have proven fruitless. I'm done with it myself.
I was only expressing my opinion about the EV situation. If you have a problem with that, I’m sorry. There’s no reason to get sensitive about the EV topic. That’s the problem nowadays. Some people are so sensitive that others have to walk on eggshells because of all the sensitivity. Everyone needs to be able to express their opinions and they should be able to share their criticisms and likes with others. Keep the sensitivity out of the debate. Please.
Old 05-09-22, 07:15 PM
Jack1986
Pit Crew

This discussion gives me an idea for a thread…
Old 05-09-22, 07:30 PM
Jack1986
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Jack1986
This discussion gives me an idea for a thread…
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...take-over.html
Old 05-09-22, 08:45 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 477 Likes on 298 Posts

I was only expressing my opinion about the EV situation. If you have a problem with that, I’m sorry. There’s no reason to get sensitive about the EV topic. That’s the problem nowadays. Some people are so sensitive that others have to walk on eggshells because of all the sensitivity. Everyone needs to be able to express their opinions and they should be able to share their criticisms and likes with others. Keep the sensitivity out of the debate. Please.
You were the first to fire shots for no reason at all and went to name calling. Not anyone specific here but that's not a way to bring your opinion across. You've been the only one getting defensive and aggro about the topic of EVs.

Last edited by dezymond; 05-09-22 at 08:50 PM.
Old 05-10-22, 12:03 AM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by dezymond
You were the first to fire shots for no reason at all and went to name calling. Not anyone specific here but that's not a way to bring your opinion across. You've been the only one getting defensive and aggro about the topic of EVs.
I already apologized about the jabroni comment. I’m sorry if I came out as defensive about the topic. I just believe that the people behind the EV agenda don’t have good intentions about it and that they’re misleading the population. They push their agenda to gain control over other peoples’ decision making over the type of vehicle to purchase. They’re also trying to stop car manufacturers from having the freedom and choice of manufacturing different categories and types of cars like ICE gasoline engines, hybrids as well as EV’s. They are blocking manufacturers from having all 3 options available to consumers and they are only allowing manufacturers to build EV’s in the future by 2030 and 2035. That’s wrong and I wouldn’t call that type of agenda freedom or free enterprise towards manufacturing. I do not like that I plainly do not trust the people behind the EV agenda. Manufacturers should have the freedom to be able to build all different types of vehicles in the future. Not only EV’s. Many people out there like me do not like EV’s and would like to have other buying choices and options other than having to choose EV’s. Not having these additional buying options is not a good thing. That’s what I was trying to get across here in all of my posts. I apologize if I came out as harsh trying to express my point out about this. I hope that I’ve cleared everything up for you about this particular topic. Peace be with you.

Last edited by glamglam; 05-10-22 at 12:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Price Paid before Taxes/Fees