ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Special/Custom Order

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-22, 07:37 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 475 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraLux22
On the Lux model the ML can be purchased as a standalone option or along with the Nav as a Pkg. The Ultra Luxury is the only Model with Navigation as a standard feature

Intuitive Parking Assist with Auto Braking* (ES 250 F SPORT AWD, ES 350 F SPORT, ES 300h F SPORT) is not a standard feature or part of a package but can be added as a standalone option for $565 on the 300h F Sport

ML is available as part of a package or as a standalone feature on every model with the exception of the 300h F Sport.
Mark Levinson®* 17-speaker, 1,800-watt PurePlay Premium Surround Sound (ES 250 AWD, ES 250 F SPORT AWD, ES 250 Luxury AWD, ES 350, ES 350 F SPORT, ES 350 Luxury, ES 300h, ES 300h Luxury)
Yeah I was disappointed that ML wasn't available on the 300h, despite the initial spec sheets of options on initial review units (as I saw on an early pre-production build sheet that the reviewer had). However, I don't recall any pre-production cars having the ML option in the car on the initial reviews. I wish it was an option as I'd have gladly pay for the premium sound, but the standard system sounds pretty good too.

Yeah, as for the intuitive park with autobrake, I don't see that on the builder anymore. I personally don't need it, but if it'll come on my car then that's fine.

Last edited by dezymond; 04-14-22 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-14-22, 07:42 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 529 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by dezymond
Yeah I was disappointed that ML wasn't available on the 300h, despite the initial spec sheets of options on initial review units (as I saw on an early pre-production build sheet that the reviewer had). However, I don't recall any pre-production cars having the ML option in the car on the initial reviews. I wish it was an option as I'd have gladly pay for the premium sound, but the standard system sounds pretty good too.

Yeah, as for the intuitive park with autobrake, I don't see that on the builder anymore and it seems only dealers can add it? I personally don't need it, but if it'll come on my car then that's fine.
I updated my previous answer to confirm that the builder doesn't list the intuitive brake assist even though it is listed elsewhere as an option. I included the specs page.
Old 04-14-22, 07:43 PM
dezymond
Instructor

I updated my previous answer to confirm that the builder doesn't list the intuitive brake assist even though it is listed elsewhere as an option. I included the specs page.
Thanks for posting that. Wish the F sport allowed more options, but still will be a fantastic car I believe. I just find it odd that it can be available on the base model, but not the F sport which is technically a trim above. I wonder if they differ in any way, internally, to prevent that option from being available.
Old 04-14-22, 07:45 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Thanks for posting that. Wish the F sport allowed more options, but still will be a fantastic car I believe. I just find it odd that it can be available on the base model, but not the F sport which is technically a trim above. I wonder if they differ in any way, internally, to prevent that option from being available.
Are you getting the hybrid F sport? I thought you were getting the regular 350 Sport?
Old 04-14-22, 07:48 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuny31
My sales rep confirmed with me today, I am getting ML but NOT nav. OK?
Are you getting the Luxury or the Ultra Luxury model? I forget which one that you want.
Old 04-14-22, 07:52 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Are you getting the hybrid F sport? I thought you were getting the regular 350 Sport?
I'm getting the hybrid F Sport. Nope I'm done with V6 now, my goal was to get the best luxury hybrid vehicle and the 300h fits the bill (ok it's about the only one that fits the bill, rest are PHEV). I tried hybrids by other brands, but coming from an Acura, other hybrid options felt like a step below. If I'm going to slow down and get a hybrid, I want complete comfort. Also the F sport looks cool as hell, so that's a bonus.
Old 04-14-22, 07:53 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by glamglam
Are you getting the Luxury or the Ultra Luxury model? I forget which one that you want.
He is getting the Luxury. I initially thought he was getting the UL because at one time that was what was discussed but it's the Lux. based on his posts.
Old 04-14-22, 07:57 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

He is getting the Luxury. I initially thought he was getting the UL because at one time that was what was discussed but it's the Lux. based on his posts.
Ok maybe that explains why he can get the vehicle without the nav. Maybe the nav is a separate option from the ML on the Luxury model. I wasn’t aware of that. I always thought that the ML and the nav were integrated together as one option.
Old 04-14-22, 07:58 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

I'm getting the hybrid F Sport. Nope I'm done with V6 now, my goal was to get the best luxury hybrid vehicle and the 300h fits the bill. I tried hybrids by other brands, but coming from an Acura, other hybrid options felt like a step below. If I'm going to slow down and get a hybrid, I want complete comfort. Also the F sport looks cool as hell, so that's a bonus.
Ok, got it. Why ML isn't available on only this trim, the 300h F-Sport, out of the ENTIRE line-up is beyond me. I would definitely double check with your dealer if Intuitive parking assist is listed on that allocation as an option. I think you said they were going to try to request a few changes? Did you check out my updated "Special/custom order process explained" thread. Some good info from my Lexus contact on the subject.
Old 04-14-22, 08:00 PM
Stuny31
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Luxury…because I do not want nav.
Old 04-14-22, 08:05 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Ok, got it. Why ML isn't available on only this trim, the 300h F-Sport, out of the ENTIRE line-up is beyond me. I would definitely double check with your dealer if Intuitive parking assist is listed on that allocation as an option. I think you said they were going to try to request a few changes? Did you check out my updated "Special/custom order process explained" thread. Some good info from my Lexus contact on the subject.
Here's my vspec sheet of options. I asked my contact if the PPF could be removed as I'll be putting on a full front PPF. I will confirm with my contact tomorrow to see if my request was successful as it's been a week since we last spoke And yes I did check out your post on the other thread, great stuff, really appreciate the information.

Old 04-14-22, 08:14 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by glamglam
Ok maybe that explains why he can get the vehicle without the nav. Maybe the nav is a separate option from the ML on the Luxury model. I wasn’t aware of that. I always thought that the ML and the nav were integrated together as one option.
They are integrated together as a package or as standalone options in everything but the UL Due to the UL trim being the only trim that has Nav. standard, ML is only available as an option. Not in a package like the other trims. Individual features are typically referred to as options. Multiple features/options bundled together are often referred to as a package. ML alone is an option. Nav alone is an option. ML and Nav bundled is a package. except for the UL b/c it is the only trim that includes Nav as a standard feature. So therefor ML is the spec sheets or builder will list ML as an "O" or option only. If you see a feature that has a "P" symbol that means it's part of a package for that trim. Some trims will also have an "O" symbol meaning option. Some features may have "P" "O" together meaning they can be a standalone option for that trim or bundled with another feature offered as a pkg.

Old 04-14-22, 08:21 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Here's my vspec sheet of options. I asked my contact if the PPF could be removed as I'll be putting on a full front PPF. I will confirm with my contact tomorrow to see if my request was successful as it's been a week since we last spoke And yes I did check out your post on the other thread, great stuff, really appreciate the information.

Well at least you have the Int. park assist. but I have vowed I will never have another vehicle without Panoramic view monitor. That is one feature I will always require no matter what vehicle I choose. You can't get it unfortunately with your trim, which makes no sense to me at all. But that's the way they have spec'd out these trims.
Old 04-14-22, 08:29 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Well at least you have the Int. park assist. but I have vowed I will never have another vehicle without Panoramic view monitor. That is one feature I will always require no matter what vehicle I choose. You can't get it unfortunately with your trim, which makes no sense to me at all. But that's the way they have spec'd out these trims.
Lexus is so picky about which packages they allow on trims, but they're not the only manufacturer to take away options from middle trims, these decisions by manufacturers boggles my mind. Biggest question mark I have is why no memory seat in an F sport trim, hell I would've paid for it if it was an option, but at least I'm the only one that would be driving it. Not a dealbreaker, but annoying since this is a $50k car....

Panoramic view monitor is a nice feature indeed, but I would've skipped it had it been available as an option anyway.

Last edited by dezymond; 04-14-22 at 08:32 PM.
Old 04-14-22, 08:35 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Be glad you aren't in Georgia or regions where dealers are adding the really expensive add-on's. Luckily these aren't even options in my region.

Quick Reply: Special/Custom Order