ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Special/Custom Order

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-22, 08:41 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by dezymond
Here's my vspec sheet of options. I asked my contact if the PPF could be removed as I'll be putting on a full front PPF. I will confirm with my contact tomorrow to see if my request was successful as it's been a week since we last spoke And yes I did check out your post on the other thread, great stuff, really appreciate the information.

dezymond,
Its also been a week for me too waiting to see if the regional east coast Lexus rep can add the rear spoiler option and the smart card key to the build of my Ultra Luxury vehicle that’s going to be built next month in May. I will check tomorrow on Friday with the general sales manager to try to confirm to see if my request was successful. The regional east coast Lexus rep got in touch with the Lexus manufacturing plant and put in a request to try to get these two options that I want to be approved and added to the build of my ES350 Ultra Luxury. I don’t know why it’s taking an entire week to try to get the approval from the Lexus manufacturing plant for these 2 options that I want added to my Ultra Luxury vehicle.

Last edited by glamglam; 04-14-22 at 08:51 PM.
Old 04-14-22, 08:44 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 467 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraLux22
Be glad you aren't in Georgia or regions where dealers are adding the really expensive add-on's. Luckily these aren't even options in my region.

Damn that's expensive. I mean at least if they're adding it for market adjustment they're giving people at least something in return. There's one specific dealership here in CA that has a $5k markup for market adjustment. I tried negotiating with them but they wouldn't budge at all. One F sport didn't sell for 3 weeks so the guy reached out to me and offered just a $2k markup to me, wow nice of you. I entertained him with a number and he said he couldn't go any lower, so haven't heard from him since. That car is still on their lot.
Old 04-14-22, 08:50 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Originally Posted by glamglam
dezymond,
Its also been a week for me too waiting to see if the regional east coast Lexus rep can add the rear spoiler option and the smart card key to the build of my Ultra Luxury vehicle that’s going to be built next month in May. I will check tomorrow on Friday with the general sales manager to try to confirm to see if my request was successful. The regional east coast Lexus rep got in touch with the Lexus manufacturing plant to try to get these two options that I want to be approved and added to the build of my ES350 Ultra Luxury. I don’t know why it’s taking a week to try to get the approval from the Lexus manufacturing plant for these 2 options.
I imagine it's gotta go through a chain of command and a specific procedure. Would think it could be as simple as checking a box, but I'm sure there's much more to it than we could possibly ever know. This is assembly line work and if one thing differs from the plan that could affect the whole line.
Old 04-14-22, 09:02 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 513 Likes on 355 Posts

Damn that's expensive. I mean at least if they're adding it for market adjustment they're giving people at least something. There's one specific dealership here in CA that has a $5k markup for market adjustment. I tried negotiating with them but they wouldn't budge at all. One F sport didn't sell for 3 weeks so the guy reached out to me and offered just a $2k markup to me, wow nice of you. I entertained him with a number and he said he couldn't go any lower, so haven't heard from him since. That car is still on their lot.
Regions will definitely vary. My dealer is one that doesn't go higher than MSRP. They also have 0 ES's of any trim. It's all SUV's primarily. Last month at one point they had 2 New vehicles in inventory and they were both LS500'S. Most incoming ES's are pre sold so they never even end up being advertised unlike many dealers that will have all incoming vehicles listed for sale even if pre sold.

Old 04-14-22, 09:08 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Regions will definitely vary. My dealer is one that doesn't go higher than MSRP. They also have 0 ES's of any trim. It's all SUV's primarily. Last month at one point they had 2 New vehicles in inventory and they were both LS500'S. Most incoming ES's are pre sold so they never even end up being advertised unlike many dealers that will have all incoming vehicles listed for sale even if pre sold.
Hah the funny thing about pre-sold here, apparently dealers around here will still list it, I suppose to get traffic to their site. Definitely not a fan of that practice.
Old 04-14-22, 09:22 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Hah the funny thing about pre-sold here, apparently dealers around here will still list it, I suppose to get traffic to their site. Definitely not a fan of that practice.
2 things there. It is definitely a tactic that many dealers and brands employ. Now it can be difficult for dealers to filter out pre sold units from incoming units through the marketing channels such as their website primarily. However, the dealer has the ability to not list incoming vehicles so as not to cause that customer frustration once discovered the "advertised" vehicles are actually not available. In fact, this practice has caused quite some confusion as many believe that markets were flush with Ultra Luxuries and other trims when in fact, those cars were almost always, pre sold units. That is why I only have relationships with dealers that don't engage in this practice.

**Edit- Some dealerships, I have noticed will now have a designation of "In-Transit" to help distinguish between what's in the current dealers stock and already on the lot and what's incoming. That helps some I think. I know other brands were already doing that like Audi when I was researching other vehicles.

Last edited by UltraLux22; 04-14-22 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-14-22, 09:28 PM
glamglam
Instructor

I imagine it's gotta go through a chain of command and a specific procedure. Would think it could be as simple as checking a box, but I'm sure there's much more to it than we could possibly ever know. This is assembly line work and if one thing differs from the plan that could affect the whole line.
dezymond,
I know what you mean. When my Lexus general sales manager saw this particular Ultra Luxury vehicle pop up on his Lexus allocation computer system around April 3rd, he immediately put in a request to grab the Ultra Luxury allocation for his dealership.
Then around April 4th or 5th, he got the approval from Lexus and he was given this particular Ultra Luxury vehicle for the dealership’s allocation. Then either on Thursday or on Friday of last week on April 7th or on April 8th, the general sales manager called up the east coast Lexus rep and made a request to the Lexus rep for them to put in a request to the Lexus manufacturing plant to try to get the rear spoiler option and the smart key card option to be added to my Ultra Luxury build that is supposed to be built next month in May. We are waiting to hear back from the Lexus east coast regional sales rep to see if this request was successful. The last time that I spoke to the general sales manager was 3 days ago on Tuesday and he told me that he’s keeping very close contact with the Lexus regional rep to try to get an update from him on the 2 options that we want to add to the build.

dezymond, how about you? Did your Lexus general sales manager at your dealership do the same thing like mine did for me to try to get the options that you want to be put on your vehicle? Did he contact the Lexus regional rep that’s responsible for your area to have the rep get in touch with the Lexus manufacturing plant to put in your request like the rep did for me?

Last edited by glamglam; 04-14-22 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-14-22, 09:30 PM
dezymond
Instructor

2 things there. It is definitely a tactic that many dealers and brands employ. Now it can be difficult for dealers to filter out pre sold units from incoming units through the marketing channels such as their website primarily. However, the dealer has the ability to not list incoming vehicles so as not to cause that customer frustration once discovered the "advertised" vehicles are actually not available. In fact, this practice has caused quite some confusion as many believe that markets were flush with Ultra Luxuries and other trims when in fact, those cars were almost always, pre sold units. That is why I only have relationships with dealers that don't engage in this practice.

**Edit- Some dealerships, I have noticed will now have a designation of "In-Transit" to help distinguish between what's in the current dealers stock and already on the lot and what's incoming. That helps some I think. I know other brands were already doing that like Audi when I was researching other vehicles.
I can understand why, but in this age of transparency and as many of the dealers that I contacted over the course of 2 weekends in hopes of securing a car, I'm pretty irked by this practice. Even many of the vehicles that show "in transit" give the false sense that the vehicle is not spoken for, when in reality it is. I get they're in the business to sell cars and I get there's a stigma around dealerships, but majority seem to live up to that stigma with shady practices such as this.

I'm just glad I got into contact with a manager that seems to be no BS and honest. Perhaps that may be due to a mutual contact, but at least he's being upfront, that I can appreciate.
Old 04-14-22, 09:32 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

dezymond, how about you? Did your Lexus general sales manager at your dealership do the same thing like mine did for me to try to get the options that you want to be put on your vehicle? Did he contact the Lexus regional rep that’s responsible for your area to have the rep get in touch with the Lexus manufacturing plant to put in your request like the rep did for me?
From the looks of it based on the spec sheet, i'm not sure what else he could add. Maybe remove?
Old 04-14-22, 09:38 PM
glamglam
Instructor

From the looks of it based on the spec sheet, i'm not sure what else he could add. Maybe remove?
Yes, I meant to say removed in your case because you do not want Lexus to put that $340 3M protection tape option on your vehicle.
Old 04-14-22, 09:39 PM
dezymond
Instructor

dezymond,
I know what you mean. When my Lexus general sales manager saw this particular Ultra Luxury vehicle pop up on his Lexus allocation computer system around April 3rd, he immediately put in a request to grab the Ultra Luxury allocation for his dealership.
Then around April 4th or 5th, he got the approval from Lexus and he was given this particular Ultra Luxury vehicle for the dealership’s allocation. Then either on Thursday or on Friday of last week on April 7th or on April 8th, the general sales manager called up the east coast Lexus rep and made a request to the Lexus rep for them to put in a request to the Lexus manufacturing plant to try to get the rear spoiler option and the smart key card option to be added to my Ultra Luxury build that is supposed to be built next month in May. We are waiting to hear from the Lexus east coast regional sales rep to see if this request was successful.

I didn't talk with the GSM, my contact is a sales manager. He asked me what I want specifically and I sent him the information. I would say about 2 weeks later, maybe even less, he found a vehicle in allocation that pretty much matched my needs and put my name on it before contacting me. Once he did give me a call he said "hey, it's not 100% exact and has some options, but it'll be here sometime next month. I found it in allocation and it was going to our sister dealership. If you don't want it, no hard feelings, I know I can sell this one fast, but it has your name on it." I responded with the modifications last week and haven't checked in since.

I didn't ask details, I don't see the need to keep pressing the issue, it's a waste of my time and his time. He knows exactly what I want already. In the limited amount of contact I've had with him, he's shown me that he'll stick his neck out for me and will do his best to get me what I want. Pestering him with questions I think would sour our relationship and I'm not about to do that to him as all this was done as a favor. Heck, I didn't even have to put a deposit down on this car. Worst case scenario, I pass on this allocation and wait for my specific order, which who know when will come at this point. I am anxious to hop into a new car, but it wouldn't kill me to wait either, my current ride is perfectly fine and I still enjoy it.
Old 04-14-22, 09:39 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

I can understand why, but in this age of transparency and as many of the dealers that I contacted over the course of 2 weekends in hopes of securing a car, I'm pretty irked by this practice. Even many of the vehicles that show "in transit" give the false sense that the vehicle is not spoken for, when in reality it is. I get they're in the business to sell cars and I get there's a stigma around dealerships, but majority seem to live up to that stigma with shady practices such as this.

I'm just glad I got into contact with a manager that seems to be no BS and honest. Perhaps that may be due to a mutual contact, but at least he's being upfront, that I can appreciate.
No I am in total agreement. Like I said, that's why I ONLY deal with dealers that don't engage in this practice. My Lexus contact and I have a long relationship and one of the reasons why I can truthfully say it is the only time I have ever had true faith in anyone in the auto industry. Having that relationship and having them be straightforward can be a hard place to get to but once you do it should be valued! But that doesn't mean I still don't ask questions and try to learn as much as I can because at the end of the day, you have to be responsible for those decisions.
The following users liked this post:
dezymond (04-14-22)
Old 04-14-22, 09:51 PM
glamglam
Instructor

I didn't talk with the GSM, my contact is a sales manager. He asked me what I want specifically and I sent him the information. I would say about 2 weeks later, maybe even less, he found a vehicle in allocation that pretty much matched my needs and put my name on it before contacting me. Once he did give me a call he said "hey, it's not 100% exact and has some options, but it'll be here sometime next month. I found it in allocation and it was going to our sister dealership. If you don't want it, no hard feelings, I know I can sell this one fast, but it has your name on it." I responded with the modifications last week and haven't checked in since.

I didn't ask details, I don't see the need to keep pressing the issue, it's a waste of my time and his time. He knows exactly what I want already. In the limited amount of contact I've had with him, he's shown me that he'll stick his neck out for me and will do his best to get me what I want. Pestering him with questions I think would sour our relationship and I'm not about to do that to him as all this was done as a favor. Heck, I didn't even have to put a deposit down on this car. Worst case scenario, I pass on this allocation and wait for my specific order, which who know when will come at this point. I am anxious to hop into a new car, but it wouldn't kill me to wait either, my current ride is perfectly fine and I still enjoy it.
The same thing happened to me with this particular allocation too. The general sales manager was very nice and quick to grab this allocation for me with the exact exterior and interior color combination that I wanted and put my name on it. He’s trying his best to get those 2 additional options that I want to be added to the build. I’m not bothering him either. I’m just waiting to see if the east coast regional rep can get the manufacturing plant to add these 2 options to the build. I would think that your general sales manager used the same exact process just like mine did by contacting the Lexus regional rep in your area and asked him to put in a request to the Lexus manufacturing plant to remove the 3M protection tape option from the build that you don’t want on your vehicle.
Old 04-15-22, 10:47 AM
glamglam
Instructor

Here's my vspec sheet of options. I asked my contact if the PPF could be removed as I'll be putting on a full front PPF. I will confirm with my contact tomorrow to see if my request was successful as it's been a week since we last spoke And yes I did check out your post on the other thread, great stuff, really appreciate the information.

dezymond,
Have you heard any news yet today from your sales manager regarding the Lexus regional rep getting the Lexus manufacturing plant to remove the PPF 3M paint protection film from your ES F Sport Luxury build? How much longer do you think that it will take for the Lexus manufacturing plant to give a reply? The reason why I’m asking you this is because I know that there’s a very narrow time period between the time when the allocation for your vehicle is given to the dealership and the time for the deadline date for the manufacturing plant to approve the requests for any option additions/removals/changes.
Old 04-15-22, 10:51 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Unfortunately, it is still on your V-Spec. You can access your V-Spec through this link: Toyota
It updates in real time, Also, one thing to note is that your car is still in Allocation Status and the vin that you have is a temporary vin. it is not the final vin of the vehicle.

Quick Reply: Special/Custom Order