ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Special/Custom Order

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-22 | 10:57 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by glamglam
dezymond,
Have you heard any news yet today from your sales manager regarding the Lexus regional rep getting the Lexus manufacturing plant to remove the PPF 3M paint protection film from your ES F Sport Luxury build? How much longer do you think that it will take for the Lexus manufacturing plant to give a reply? The reason why I’m asking you this is because I know that there’s a very narrow time period between the time when the allocation for your vehicle is given to the dealership and the time for the deadline date for the manufacturing plant to approve the requests for any option additions/removals/changes.
PPF has a bigger window to have it removed because its a Port Installed Option, unlike the two options that you want on yours which are Factory Installed Options
Old 04-15-22 | 10:58 AM
ATL350
Advanced

Originally Posted by UltraLux22
Be glad you aren't in Georgia or regions where dealers are adding the really expensive add-on's. Luckily these aren't even options in my region.

What is the Premium Paint Charge? Don’t tell me Lexus is going to the German model where everything color but black or white or uncharged?!?
Old 04-15-22 | 11:00 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Be glad you aren't in Georgia or regions where dealers are adding the really expensive add-on's. Luckily these aren't even options in my region.

Just curious, is this old? I tried running your vin that you didnt blur out on page 2, through my system to see the vspec because I've never seen dealer installed options on a V-spec, but the vin isn't showing up, meaning that you most likely took delivery.
Old 04-15-22 | 11:01 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by ATL350
What is the Premium Paint Charge? Don’t tell me Lexus is going to the German model where everything color but black or white or uncharged?!?
Lexus has had this for a VERY long time. I will say this though, their most expensive paint is only $595, which is understandable since it is the USB and Infrared paint which used blue/red pigments which cost them a lot more. And even then, most colors can be had without an additional cost.
Old 04-15-22 | 11:06 AM
ATL350
Advanced

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
Lexus has had this for a VERY long time. I will say this though, their most expensive paint is only $595, which is understandable since it is the USB and Infrared paint which used blue/red pigments which cost them a lot more. And even then, most colors can be had without an additional cost.
Ok, so it’s not the normal colors (silver, black, blue, etc.) then…I was wondering. I’m going through Nalley as well (my UL is enroute from KY) and the Nightfall Mica wasn’t an up charge.
Old 04-15-22 | 11:11 AM
PrznPrince
Driver

Ok, so it’s not the normal colors (silver, black, blue, etc.) then…I was wondering. I’m going through Nalley as well (my UL is enroute from KY) and the Nightfall Mica wasn’t an up charge.
Interesting, Cloudburst Grey is one. I wonder what their rationale is for what gets the upcharge
Old 04-15-22 | 11:19 AM
ATL350
Advanced

Originally Posted by PrznPrince
Interesting, Cloudburst Grey is one. I wonder what their rationale is for what gets the upcharge

I see what they did. I went to the build an ES on the Lexus website and they charge $500 more in the base price of a UL ($51,055 versus $51,555) for Eminent White Pearl, Cloudburst and Iridium. That still doesn’t match the price on that paperwork though, especially as a a stand alone charge. Odd.
Old 04-15-22 | 11:27 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

I see what they did. I went to the build an ES on the Lexus website and they charge $500 more in the base price of a UL ($51,055 versus $51,555) for Eminent White Pearl, Cloudburst and Iridium. That still doesn’t match the price on that paperwork though, especially as a a stand alone charge. Odd.
The base price of every Lexus/Toyota model went up at the beginning of January, and it is going up again on May 1, 2022. It varies per model, but the price increase is as small as $200 for some, and as large as $800 for some. The build website has the January pricing still, but the picture in question is from before then. Do note that the May 1, 2022 is the date that the car has to be processed at the port by, it does not mean that you need to place your order before then.

You can see the May 01, 2022 pricing here: Lexus 2022 Model Year Pricing - Lexus USA Newsroom
Old 04-15-22 | 11:40 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Just curious, is this old? I tried running your vin that you didnt blur out on page 2, through my system to see the vspec because I've never seen dealer installed options on a V-spec, but the vin isn't showing up, meaning that you most likely took delivery.
I believe the date was listed as Nov- Dec. 2021. And NO this was NOT my vspec. I would never have paid for those add-ons LOL. I was browsing a thread and a poster listed this along with another vspec to show the outrageous quotes they were receiving. (The posters words) I was not familiar with either of those two add-ons (resistal and full-kit front guard) as they are not available in my area either directly with the dealership or on the build-a-Lex site. I forwarded the vspecs to my Lexus contact to see if he had heard of them and he actually was not familiar with them either. Obviously they were/are regional add-ons. As to who has the vehicle now is beyond me.
I've listed the attachment links as well as the thread/post link 41. For reference.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...es-rotated.pdf
Old 04-15-22 | 11:41 AM
glamglam
Instructor

The ES350 Ultra Luxury MSRP new price on May 1, 2022 will be $51,025 from $49,980
Old 04-15-22 | 11:47 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

I believe the date was listed as Nov- Dec. 2021. And NO this was NOT my vspec. I would never have paid for those add-ons LOL. I was browsing a thread and a poster listed this along with another vspec to show the outrageous quotes they were receiving. (The posters words) I was not familiar with either of those two add-ons (resistal and full-kit front guard) as they are not available in my area either directly with the dealership or on the build-a-Lex site. I forwarded the vspecs to my Lexus contact to see if he had heard of them and he actually was not familiar with them either. Obviously they were/are regional add-ons. As to who has the vehicle now is beyond me.
I've listed the attachment links as well as the thread/post link 41. For reference.

That's really odd. I'm almost inclined to believe that the dealer is adding it to the V-spec PDFs using acrobat or some other software because my understanding is that Lexus does not have region specific options since all distribution is handled by Toyota of North America. In Toyota land though, you have GST and SET specific options because they are private distributors. So I'm not sure how they even managed to add that to the V-spec without essentially modifying it
The following users liked this post:
ATL350 (04-15-22)
Old 04-15-22 | 11:48 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Speaking of the Georgetown plant. They dodged a bullet the other night as there was tornadic activity near Scott Co. where the Georgetown plant is located. I live 15- 20 minutes away and I lost power for 24 hrs. I can imagine the impact on production if they would have been hit.

https://spectrumnews1.com/ky/louisvi...ednesday-night
Old 04-15-22 | 11:49 AM
ATL350
Advanced

Originally Posted by glamglam
The ES350 Ultra Luxury MSRP new price on May 1, 2022 will be $51,025 from $49,980
It’s showing $51,055 currently when an Atlanta zip code is entered.
Old 04-15-22 | 11:54 AM
ATL350
Advanced

My dealer is doing the Resistall currently for $1,199 and won’t budge on it. It wasn’t the price per se (which is a total rip off as all of these product applications are…remember “undercoating” being the thing for years?) I didn’t want any junk like this applied to my new car. But my only choice really was take it or get something else. They were at least decent in another way, by throwing in an option I wanted at no charge, so I’m satisfied.
Old 04-15-22 | 12:07 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

That's really odd. I'm almost inclined to believe that the dealer is adding it to the V-spec PDFs using acrobat or some other software because my understanding is that Lexus does not have region specific options since all distribution is handled by Toyota of North America. In Toyota land though, you have GST and SET specific options because they are private distributors. So I'm not sure how they even managed to add that to the V-spec without essentially modifying it
I just checked my correspondence with my contact whom I sent that vspec to and he said . "I've never seen those two items from the factory before. Possibly a southern area build that we don’t see? I’d ask to see the factory window sticker as well, but it may just be the difference in builds between areas." So there you have it. I think it's clear about the dealerships motives. What you mentioned got me to thinking and I remembered this same dealership and I were in contact. I was working with this particular dealership trying to hand off a potential customer. At the last minute the sales person dropped this little nugget! Reinforces your theory IMO.

Quick Reply: Special/Custom Order