ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Special/Custom Order

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-22, 12:09 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

This was my original build sheet that my general sales manager gave to me last Friday on April 8th for my ES350 Ultra Luxury when the general sales manager at my dealership got the allocation with the vin number and put this particular vehicle in my name. Here’s a picture of the original build sheet:

Now just a few minutes ago, I just put the vin number into that link that you gave above and it was able to give me the “updated” build on my ES350 Ultra Luxury together with the same vin number.
I could be wrong about this, but it now shows the “color-keyed rear spoiler “ and the “smartaccess key card” options that I requested to be added to the Ultra Luxury build on my vehicle. Here’s a few pictures of the build for my Ultra Luxury that popped up when I put the vin number into that Toyota link that you listed above in your post:

So I’m not 100% sure about this, but from what the above build spec sheet shows, it looks like the Lexus manufacturing plant accepted to add the rear spoiler and the smartaccess card key when they build my Ultra Luxury next month in May. What do you think?
If these 2 options appear now on the build sheet, does this mean that the Lexus manufacturing plant has already accepted these 2 particular options that I requested and that they will build my vehicle and add these 2 options on my Ultra Luxury? What do you think?

Last edited by glamglam; 04-15-22 at 12:25 PM.
Old 04-15-22, 12:09 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 513 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by ATL350
My dealer is doing the Resistall currently for $1,199 and won’t budge on it. It wasn’t the price per se (which is a total rip off as all of these product applications are…remember “undercoating” being the thing for years?) I didn’t want any junk like this applied to my new car. But my only choice really was take it or get something else. They were at least decent in another way, by throwing in an option I wanted at no charge, so I’m satisfied.
OK, that is sooo funny that you just posted this as I was in the process of posting about the same thing!
The following users liked this post:
ATL350 (04-15-22)
Old 04-15-22, 12:27 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by glamglam
This was my original build sheet that my general sales manager gave to me last Friday on April 8th for my ES350 Ultra Luxury when the general sales manager at my dealership got the allocation with the vin number and put this particular vehicle in my name. Here’s a picture of the original build sheet:

Now just a few minutes ago, I just put the vin number into that link that you gave above and it was able to give me the “updated” build on my ES350 Ultra Luxury together with the same vin number.
I could be wrong about this, but it now shows the “color-keyed rear spoiler “ and the “smartaccess key card” options that I requested to be added to the Ultra Luxury build on my vehicle. Here’s a few pictures of the build for my Ultra Luxury that popped up when I put the vin number into that Toyota link that you listed above in your post:

So I’m not 100% sure about this, but from what the above build spec sheet shows, it looks like the Lexus manufacturing plant accepted to add the rear spoiler and the smartaccess card key when they build my Ultra Luxury next month in May. What do you think?
If these 2 options appear now on the build sheet, does this mean that the Lexus manufacturing plant has already accepted these 2 particular options that I requested and that they will build my vehicle and add these 2 options on my Ultra Luxury? What do you think?
Congrats. You'll get them now. If it shows up there, it has been accepted and is a part of the vehicle. Also, if you click the Save as PDF button it'll make it all a pretty 1-2 page PDF that is fully legible.
Old 04-15-22, 02:56 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 467 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
Unfortunately, it is still on your V-Spec. You can access your V-Spec through this link: Toyota
It updates in real time, Also, one thing to note is that your car is still in Allocation Status and the vin that you have is a temporary vin. it is not the final vin of the vehicle.
Whoa cool. How'd you know to access this? Also I'm not able to look up any other VIN, but I have bookmarked this specific link to refresh in the future. I've gotten in contact again with who I am dealing with at Lexus, so hopefully he can make the changes happen.

Last edited by dezymond; 04-15-22 at 03:13 PM.
Old 04-15-22, 03:11 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by dezymond
Whoa cool. How'd you know to access this?
Well, you removed the vin at the top of the first page, but not the one on top of the second
Old 04-15-22, 03:14 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Whoa cool. How'd you know to access this?
Yeah, where did you get access to this secret website? Is this a website that only the Lexus dealership has access to?
Old 04-15-22, 03:19 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Well I'm not 100% sure if we can even have access to this website, but we do. It basically sources the information from Dealer Daily (the national allocation and inventory system for Lexus and Toyota) to generate the build sheet. Using this same link and playing with the source code I can even see vehicle status (Allocated, Freight, Ground Transport, Ground), whether the vehicle is marked as pre-sold, if it's a temporary vin, and even an ETA of vehicle arrival once it hits Freight status. So to sum it up, I can basically see the same thing that a Lexus dealer sees on their system. Having said that, you can only check statuses of cars that are being built or on the ground at dealers. Once a car is sold, this link goes dead.

@dezymond once your car is built and it is assigned a final vin, you will need to update the link to continue monitoring the vehicle.
Old 04-15-22, 03:19 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Well, you removed the vin at the top of the first page, but not the one on top of the second
Hah, well appreciate you showing me this. I'll let my contact know I can see updates in real time. (I'm watching you!) Hah nah this is pretty cool though.
Old 04-15-22, 04:52 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Just spoke to my Lexus contact. His system showed the order is confirmed already and PPOs (post production options) cannot be changed. Oh well, guess I'm out a few hundred more.

Old 04-15-22, 06:17 PM
Stuny31
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I didn’t get the triple beam headlights because my dealer said people would constantly think I had my high beams on. Knew that would not work for me. The headlights on my former Lexus’s were always bright enough.
Old 04-15-22, 06:18 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Just spoke to my Lexus contact. His system showed the order is confirmed already and PPOs (post production options) cannot be changed. Oh well, guess I'm out a few hundred more.

Whats EPD/L mean?

Also what’s FIO and PIO mean on the V-Spec sheet. On my V-Spec sheet the Triple-Beam LED Headlamps, Navigation/Mark Levinson Premium audio Package, Panorama Glass Sunroof, Ultra Luxury Package,Smartaccess Keyand the Color-Keyed Rear Spoiler all have FIO written next to them.

The Door Edge Guards, Preferred Accessory Package (consisting of trunk mat, cargo net, wheel locks & rear bumper appliqué), and the All-Weather Floor Liners all have PIO written next to them.

What does FIO and PIO mean?

Old 04-15-22, 06:23 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Whats EPD/L mean?

Also what’s FIO and PIO mean on the V-Spec sheet. On my V-Spec sheet the Triple-Beam LED Headlamps, Navigation/Mark Levinson Premium audio Package, Panorama Glass Sunroof, Ultra Luxury Package,Smartaccess Keyand the Color-Keyed Rear Spoiler all have FIO written next to them.

The Door Edge Guards, Preferred Accessory Package (consisting of trunk mat, cargo net, wheel locks & rear bumper appliqué), and the All-Weather Floor Liners all have PIO written next to them.

What does FIO and PIO mean?
FIO is factory installed option
PIO is port installation option or post production installed option

I'm not sure what the first acronym is but I found it has to do with production date, to my understanding.

All this is based on the information I found. If anyone else knows what they really do stand for, I'd be glad to learn.

Last edited by dezymond; 04-15-22 at 06:26 PM.
Old 04-15-22, 07:21 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Well I'm not 100% sure if we can even have access to this website, but we do. It basically sources the information from Dealer Daily (the national allocation and inventory system for Lexus and Toyota) to generate the build sheet. Using this same link and playing with the source code I can even see vehicle status (Allocated, Freight, Ground Transport, Ground), whether the vehicle is marked as pre-sold, if it's a temporary vin, and even an ETA of vehicle arrival once it hits Freight status. So to sum it up, I can basically see the same thing that a Lexus dealer sees on their system. Having said that, you can only check statuses of cars that are being built or on the ground at dealers. Once a car is sold, this link goes dead.

@dezymond once your car is built and it is assigned a final vin, you will need to update the link to continue monitoring the vehicle.
TipsyTonio,
What is source code. You mention it in your post above. Also, how do you play with it in order to find more things out about the vehicle? How is it done? I mean what do you do and how do you play with it to find other things out about the car? Can you tell us.
Old 04-16-22, 08:37 AM
glamglam
Instructor

UPDATE:

Excellent news. I just got the build date today from the general sales manager for my ES350 Ultra Luxury. The Lexus manufacturing plant will build the vehicle with all the options that I requested. It will come fully loaded.

Last edited by glamglam; 04-16-22 at 10:25 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by glamglam:
ATL350 (04-16-22), LexFinally (04-17-22)
Old 04-16-22, 10:20 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 513 Likes on 355 Posts

UPDATE:

Excellent news. I just got the build date today from the general sales manager for my Ultra Luxury vehicle.
And the forum breathes a collective sigh of relief!!!!!

Congrats!
The following 3 users liked this post by UltraLux22:
dklanecky1 (04-18-22), mickbrown (04-16-22), PrznPrince (04-16-22)

Quick Reply: Special/Custom Order