Special/Custom Order

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-22, 04:08 PM
blanshot
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraLux22
Silence is golden, duct tape is silver.
I have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 05-14-22, 04:13 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 513 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by blanshot
I have no idea what you are talking about.
Not for you. I needed to edit a post and I thought this was kinda funny. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 05-14-22, 04:17 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 467 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by blanshot
I didn’t know this. I called them early today and my salesperson was busy with another client. I haven’t heard this before so maybe I’ll hear something next week. I did not get a call today.
You can definitely reach out to your sales rep and ask if you can make any customizations. However, it's not as easy to get those options changed as some make it seem to be.

For instance, I had secured a vehicle in allocation, but I had missed the window to make any possible edits to the build, both adding and removing options. It doesn't hurt to ask though, so if you ask and get what you want, that's awesome.
The following 2 users liked this post by dezymond:
LexFinally (05-14-22), UltraLux22 (05-14-22)
Old 05-14-22, 04:23 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 927 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by dezymond
You can definitely reach out to your sales rep and ask if you can make any customizations. However, it's not as easy to get those options changed as some make it seem to be.

For instance, I had secured a vehicle in allocation, but I had missed the window to make any possible edits to the build, both adding and removing options. It doesn't hurt to ask though, so if you ask and get what you want, that's awesome.
I can confirm this. I didn't receive this option, and despite being ordered months in advance, I was not given the opportunity to get the car built exactly to my specifications. The dealer tried on my behalf and was rebuffed by the factory.
The following users liked this post:
UltraLux22 (05-14-22)
Old 05-14-22, 04:33 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

If you have no success with the sales rep. you should absolutely contact the sales manager or GSM, but dezymond is correct. The window to make changes to an allocation in a dealer's pipeline before the specs. are frozen is small.
Each dealer has a template for the build specs for their allocations. There is a short window once allocated in the dealer's pipeline to make a change request before those build specs. are frozen and no longer available for the factory to accept those changes.

Search in the threads for my post on Dealer Fulfillment and Allocation. It will give you some insight to the process.

dezymond-
Sounds like your allocation build specs. must have been frozen when attempts were made to make changes.
Old 05-14-22, 04:36 PM
dezymond
Instructor

If you have no success with the sales rep. you should absolutely contact the sales manager or GSM, but dezymond is correct. The window to make changes to an allocation in a dealer's pipeline before the specs. are frozen is small.
Each dealer has a template for the build specs for their allocations. There is a short window once allocated in the dealer's pipeline to make a change request before those build specs. are frozen and no longer available for the factory to accept those changes.

Search in the threads for my post on Dealer Fulfillment and Allocation. It will give you some insight to the process.

dezymond-
Sounds like your allocation build specs. must have been frozen when attempts were made to make changes.
Yup they were frozen, the sales manager showed me a screenshot of their system to confirm. Bit of a bummer that even the port installed options couldn't be removed, but it's ok. In this market and what I want specifically, it's 95% of the way there, so I'm happy. I'll be getting a great deal on it as well, but I may disclose that when it's finalized.
UltraLux22 (05-14-22)
Old 05-14-22, 04:37 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by LexFinally
I can confirm this. I didn't receive this option, and despite being ordered months in advance, I was not given the opportunity to get the car built exactly to my specifications. The dealer tried on my behalf and was rebuffed by the factory.
It is ultimately the factory's decision, as you well found out!
If I remember correctly, you wanted a standard moonroof and received the pano. instead. I forget the other option you didn't want.
LexFinally (05-17-22)
Old 05-14-22, 04:41 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Yup they were frozen, the sales manager showed me a screenshot of their system to confirm. Bit of a bummer that even the port installed options couldn't be removed, but it's ok. In this market and what I want specifically, it's 95% of the way there, so I'm happy. I'll be getting a great deal on it as well, but I may disclose that when it's finalized.
I'm sure you know this already but as soon as they get a VIN and pricing assigned, get that selling price locked-in. You might have a month between being assigned and being built. That was the case for me. So aside from the rebate, I had my selling price before it was built. Then when the vehicle was delivered, I received that month's program. and received my out-the-door pricing.
dezymond (05-14-22)
Old 05-14-22, 05:05 PM
dezymond
Instructor

I'm sure you know this already but as soon as they get a VIN and pricing assigned, get that selling price locked-in. You might have a month between being assigned and being built. That was the case for me. So aside from the rebate, I had my selling price before it was built. Then when the vehicle was delivered, I received that month's program. and received my out-the-door pricing.
I went through a friend of a friend. I didn't even need to put a deposit down so the only thing holding the vehicle is my name and the sales manager's name (who is the contact). He already stuck his neck out for me and scooped up the allocated unit from a sister dealership so I know this guy is looking to help me out. If it really is all smoke, then oh well.

Definitely appreciate the advice though, I can forward that information to family members who might be in the market right now. I'm a bit of a one-off situation, so no need to jump through the hoops and ensure a price is locked. If the price isn't what I like, the sales manager said I can walk and no hard feelings. I did peek the website and it looks like the specific vehicle was viewed by 12 other people. Sale pending to me though
UltraLux22 (05-14-22)
Old 05-14-22, 05:30 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

I went through a friend of a friend. I didn't even need to put a deposit down so the only thing holding the vehicle is my name and the sales manager's name (who is the contact). He already stuck his neck out for me and scooped up the allocated unit from a sister dealership so I know this guy is looking to help me out. If it really is all smoke, then oh well.

Definitely appreciate the advice though, I can forward that information to family members who might be in the market right now. I'm a bit of a one-off situation, so no need to jump through the hoops and ensure a price is locked. If the price isn't what I like, the sales manager said I can walk and no hard feelings. I did peek the website and it looks like the specific vehicle was viewed by 12 other people. Sale pending to me though
I know exactly what you are talking about. I never work with a salesperson. It's always a Sales Manager, GSM, or GM. When you find that great connection definitely worth hanging on to. I have used my Lexus contact for my last 3 Lexus deals. It's how I got 9% off MSRP in late January this year. Combine that with a $1500 rebate and I saved nearly $7k. No one has been able to beat this unicorn deal. I didn't have to pay a deposit either and I received my very first special order UL exactly as I wanted. I am fortunate though and my deal is probably impossible to replicate. The closest "confirmed" deal I've seen is someone had a $1500 discount from a Kansas dealership. My contact basically said the same thing. If for any reason I decided to decline the order, they wouldn't have any problem selling it. In my case, if I had declined it they would have come out better because they could have sold it for MSRP. There is an awesome feeling knowing that a car is all yours especially when they are in such high demand.
dezymond (05-14-22)
Old 05-14-22, 09:07 PM
dezymond
Instructor

I know exactly what you are talking about. I never work with a salesperson. It's always a Sales Manager, GSM, or GM. When you find that great connection definitely worth hanging on to. I have used my Lexus contact for my last 3 Lexus deals. It's how I got 9% off MSRP in late January this year. Combine that with a $1500 rebate and I saved nearly $7k. No one has been able to beat this unicorn deal. I didn't have to pay a deposit either and I received my very first special order UL exactly as I wanted. I am fortunate though and my deal is probably impossible to replicate. The closest "confirmed" deal I've seen is someone had a $1500 discount from a Kansas dealership. My contact basically said the same thing. If for any reason I decided to decline the order, they wouldn't have any problem selling it. In my case, if I had declined it they would have come out better because they could have sold it for MSRP. There is an awesome feeling knowing that a car is all yours especially when they are in such high demand.
For sure, I'm not gonna lose this contact, even if this deal falls through. The guy has shown me that he's willing to stick his neck out for me. I'd be more than happy to send any business his way.
Old 05-16-22, 11:19 PM
asadani
Pit Crew

Received 56 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm trying to order the es350 in dubai for the 2023 model and they wouldn't take my order in yet as they say that the 2022 is the only custom order platform as of yet.
Old 05-17-22, 04:24 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by asadani
I'm trying to order the es350 in dubai for the 2023 model and they wouldn't take my order in yet as they say that the 2022 is the only custom order platform as of yet.
I haven't been given 2023 MY production dates other than the arriving sometime in the fall. I can tell you that I had a true Special Order for a 2022 ES 350 UL that was submitted 08/04/21 and was accepted around 10/19/21. It was built 1/04/22 and delivered at the end of January 22. U.S. production for true special orders is currently on hold nationally. I can't speak to your market overseas. This may not help with your info. request but it does speak to potential timelines.

Last edited by UltraLux22; 05-17-22 at 04:30 AM.
Old 05-20-22, 03:07 PM
blanshot
Driver School Candidate

Unfortunately they are unable to change the color that I requested. They tried via some website on their computer.
Old 05-20-22, 03:08 PM
blanshot
Driver School Candidate

I haven't been given 2023 MY production dates other than the arriving sometime in the fall. I can tell you that I had a true Special Order for a 2022 ES 350 UL that was submitted 08/04/21 and was accepted around 10/19/21. It was built 1/04/22 and delivered at the end of January 22. U.S. production for true special orders is currently on hold nationally. I can't speak to your market overseas. This may not help with your info. request but it does speak to potential timelines.
Did you change usernames….? Because I feel like I know who you are 🙃

Quick Reply: Special/Custom Order