ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Special/Custom Order

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-22, 12:26 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 529 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuny31
I have been able to locate the exact car I want, but it’s always pre-sold.
I meant pre-sold not unsold. I made the correction. Thanks
Old 02-26-22, 12:53 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by 19ES350lux
I meant pre-sold not unsold. I made the correction. Thanks
Don’t worry. Special orders will reopen soon in the springtime in the next month or two.
Old 02-26-22, 01:01 PM
Stuny31
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by glamglam
Don’t worry. Special orders will reopen soon in the springtime in the next month or two.
I so hope you are right. Thank you for the encouragement. Never thought trying to give my money away would be this difficult.
Old 02-26-22, 02:42 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 529 Likes on 366 Posts

I’m not worried as I have my 22 UL already.

It isn’t necessary for you to keep proclaiming this in EVERY SINGLE thread, ad nauseam!
The following users liked this post:
dklanecky1 (02-27-22)
Old 02-26-22, 02:43 PM
mattsrs
Pit Crew

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

It isn’t necessary for you to keep proclaiming this in EVERY SINGLE thread, ad nauseam!
yea it’s getting a bit bot-like behavior on every single thread
dklanecky1 (02-27-22)
Old 02-26-22, 05:09 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

I agree. Anyone following this, and other threads, probably has seen this message a few times by now.
dklanecky1 (02-27-22)
Old 02-26-22, 05:52 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I agree. Anyone following this, and other threads, probably has seen this message a few times by now.
Okay. No problem. I’m just letting everyone know what’s going to happen. That’s why I mention it to new posters who don’t know about it.
Old 02-26-22, 06:31 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 943 Likes on 593 Posts

Okay. No problem. I’m just letting everyone know what’s going to happen. That’s why I mention it to new posters who don’t know about it.
Glam, everyone here is trying to be courteous and respectful with you. But in the absence of a moderator stepping in, apparently we have to be less subtle than that. So...

As LexBob2 said, you've posted this sentiment so many times that anyone who investigates any recent thread here knows what your view is about future ES production. At this point, when you step heavy-handedly into literally half a dozen different topics to wishcast your prediction yet again, you are disrespecting all the rest of us who have either expressed skepticism of your wisdom, or who simply went to a different thread because they wanted at that moment to talk about something else.

I'm sorry to be this impolite, but you do not "know what's going to happen," because nobody does except maybe God and Nostradamus. New posters who "don't know about it" are in exactly the same position as you, me and everybody else, because the future is unknowable. You are starting to look disrespectful of your fellow posters, and you might want to rein it in a bit.
The following 2 users liked this post by LexFinally:
dklanecky1 (02-27-22), mickbrown (02-27-22)
Old 02-26-22, 06:53 PM
glamglam
Instructor

I’m sorry and I apologize. I didn’t mean to disrespect anybody in here. Hope that all is well.
Old 02-26-22, 07:01 PM
DavidZ
Instructor

Received 311 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by mattsrs
yea it’s getting a bit bot-like behavior on every single thread
Originally Posted by LexBob2
He thinks that if he keeps saying it, one day it'll come true!
Old 02-26-22, 07:17 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by DavidZ
He thinks that if he keeps saying it, one day it'll come true!
I don’t know why you think this. What I said in many of my posts about Lexus reopening special orders will actually happen in the future. It’s just a matter of time before it happens. Lexus will not keep special orders shut down for the entire year of 2022. I understand that many people in here don’t know when Lexus will resume special orders again. It’s already been 3 to 4 months that Lexus hasn’t taken any special orders. This isn’t going to last forever is what I’ve been trying to tell everyone in here. That this is temporary. Maybe that’s what I wanted to say here that I didn’t express clearly in my posts to everyone in here. I understand that some people in here disagree with me about this and that’s okay to disagree with me. I don’t mind that and I respect your views on this. I don’t mean to disrespect anybody regarding what they believe about this. I just wanted to let everyone know this. I don’t mean to be annoying about this topic or disrespectful to anyone in here about this. I apologize if I came out as disrespectful. Please forgive me if I came out as disrespectful.

Last edited by glamglam; 02-26-22 at 07:40 PM.
Old 02-27-22, 02:08 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by mattsrs
From my experience, you are 100% right. Every dealer I called that showed a UL in transit said it’s presold. I purchased an allocation before the car had a vin.
It could be a pre sold allocation and not a special order. My dealer told me that allocations are not special orders.
Old 02-27-22, 03:30 PM
Stuny31
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LexWannabe
What are your must-haves?
My must-haves are nightfall mica/palomino, mark Levinson pkg, intuitive parking pkg, trunk with kick sensor, panorama glass roof, 18” split five spoke alloy wheels, alloy wheel locks. I do NOT want the rear spoiler.
Old 02-27-22, 06:56 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 943 Likes on 593 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuny31
My must-haves are nightfall mica/palomino, mark Levinson pkg, intuitive parking pkg, trunk with kick sensor, panorama glass roof, 18” split five spoke alloy wheels, alloy wheel locks. I do NOT want the rear spoiler.
You can tell me what your experience has been, but I'd guess that just about every UL coming off the line has all of that, and the only problem parts of that package are the color combination and the deletion of the spoiler. If everything's right except the wheels, obviously you can just swap them out.
Old 02-27-22, 07:24 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by LexWannabe
You can tell me what your experience has been, but I'd guess that just about every UL coming off the line has all of that, and the only problem parts of that package are the color combination and the deletion of the spoiler. If everything's right except the wheels, obviously you can just swap them out.
What color exterior and interior do the majority of the 2022 Ultra Luxury coming off the assembly line have? Are most UL's Pearl White and Matador Red Mica?
I gave a deposit on February 7th for a Matador Red Mica UL with the Palomino Semi-Aniline Leather interior with the Open-Pore Brown Walnut trim (the caramel colored interior). I also want the Color-Keyed Rear Spoiler, the Panoramic Glass Roof and the Premium Triple-Beam LED Headlights on mine. In addition to that, I dressed up mine to be fully loaded, but without the lighted door sills and without the lighted trunk sill. What are the chances I will get this particular color combination with all the options that I want in it?
Is the Matador Red Mica with the Palomino Semi-Aniline Leather interior that I want a popular color combination for the UL? What's the 1st most popular exterior color and interior and what's the 2nd most popular exterior color and interior for the UL that Lexus builds the most of?

Quick Reply: Special/Custom Order