Special/Custom Order

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-22, 04:02 AM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

19ES350lux,
You mention that:
After the dealers accept the vehicles, they appear in a pipeline inventory report. At this time, dealers can make changes to some of the factory specifications and also add accessories that will be installed at the marshaling yard and/or port.”

I’m a little confused about something here.
Can one of these changes that the dealer can make when they get their allocation be the exterior and interior color combination? Also, can they also add other options to the UL allocation like Rear Spoiler and Triple-Beam LED Headlamps??

Last edited by glamglam; 02-28-22 at 04:27 AM.
Old 02-28-22, 07:12 AM
Moorekx
Pit Crew

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

More bad news :Toyota Motor Corp (7203.T) said it will suspend domestic factory operations on Tuesday, losing around 13,000 cars of output, after a supplier of plastic parts and electronic components was hit by a suspected cyber attack. They suspect Russia because Japan joined the US removing Russia from the SWIFT banking system.
Old 02-28-22, 07:39 AM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by Moorekx
More bad news :Toyota Motor Corp (7203.T) said it will suspend domestic factory operations on Tuesday, losing around 13,000 cars of output, after a supplier of plastic parts and electronic components was hit by a suspected cyber attack. They suspect Russia because Japan joined the US removing Russia from the SWIFT banking system.
That ONLY applies to manufacturing in Japan if you read the news article carefully. It doesn’t apply to the US manufacturing plant in Kentucky that makes the ES350 and the ES350 Ultra Luxury cars. Lexus is good here in the Kentucky ES350 plant.
Old 02-28-22, 08:03 AM
Moorekx
Pit Crew

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by glamglam
That ONLY applies to manufacturing in Japan if you read the news article carefully. It doesn’t apply to the US manufacturing plant in Kentucky that makes the ES350 and the ES350 Ultra Luxury cars. Lexus is good here in the Kentucky ES350 plant.
Good catch, I simply read the headline that said “Domestic” and assumed it meant here in the US. I stand corrected and relieved.
Old 02-28-22, 09:36 AM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by Moorekx
Good catch, I simply read the headline that said “Domestic” and assumed it meant here in the US. I stand corrected and relieved.
You’re not the only one that feels relieved. I feel relieved too that manufacturing in Kentucky is still in operation. I feel like I’m skating on thin ice waiting for my Ultra Luxury with all the things that are going on with the bs chip shortages. I want to get my car. I find it ridiculous that they have enough chips to manufacture smartphones, big screen TVs and laptops, but not cars. That’s bs. I believe that what’s happening is all political that was done intentionally to control people in order to make them pay more money for cars and to make them take public transportation.
Old 02-28-22, 11:18 AM
glamglam
Instructor

Here’s some excellent news from Toyota. They’re ramping up and increasing worldwide production +20% in the next 4 weeks starting in April 2022 and building MORE cars worldwide. Toyota will build a total of 11 million cars worldwide in 2022 which is a +20% increase in production than in 2021. This is excellent news! This move is one step closer for all of us here to be able to get our Lexus ES350 Ultra Luxury cars in the next few months.
https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Aut...starting-April

Last edited by glamglam; 02-28-22 at 11:47 AM.
Old 02-28-22, 01:48 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 943 Likes on 593 Posts

You’re not the only one that feels relieved. I feel relieved too that manufacturing in Kentucky is still in operation. I feel like I’m skating on thin ice waiting for my Ultra Luxury with all the things that are going on with the bs chip shortages. I want to get my car. I find it ridiculous that they have enough chips to manufacture smartphones, big screen TVs and laptops, but not cars. That’s bs. I believe that what’s happening is all political that was done intentionally to control people in order to make them pay more money for cars and to make them take public transportation.
I don't think that's true. My understanding is that cars don't use most of the same chips as consumer electronics devices do. Because carmakers need components that are proven to survive the harsh temperatures, vibration and other hazards of automotive use, cars typically use older and lower-tech chips. The problem is that most of the chipmakers have moved on to the newer, smaller and more powerful chips, and when the carmakers let up in their orders at the start of the pandemic just when household-electronics orders surged, the chip manufacturers committed to supply them. Now the carmakers are on the outside looking in as chip production, still pinched overall, goes to those other items. It's not a conspiracy, except one by the chipmakers to make money.

Carmakers are in the process of adjusting, in multiple ways. Future models will use the more powerful chips, integrating more functions into fewer of them. Some makers have dropped some items from models so they can continue to produce them, from US pickups to Mercedes sedans. And investments are being made to expand production of the chips that cars use. But none of these will fix the problem quickly.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/billcon...h=72c95928b42f
Old 02-28-22, 02:10 PM
glamglam
Instructor

What do all of you guys in here think about the ramping up and +20% increase of worldwide production at Toyota/Lexus manufacturing starting in the next 4 weeks in April of 2022? Toyota will manufacture 11 million cars in 2022. That's +2.5 million more cars than they manufactured in 2021. That's excellent news! Hopefully, this move will help in getting quicker delivery of our 2022 ES350 Ultra Luxury cars.

Last edited by glamglam; 02-28-22 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-28-22, 02:26 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 943 Likes on 593 Posts

What do all of you guys in here think about the ramping up and +20% increase of worldwide production at Toyota/Lexus manufacturing starting in the next 4 weeks in April of 2022? Toyota will manufacture 11 million cars in 2022. That's +2.5 million more cars than they manufactured in 2021. That's excellent news! Hopefully, this move will help in getting quicker delivery of our 2022 ES350 Ultra Luxury cars.
I hope that happens, and I hope you get the car you want.
Old 03-21-22, 03:52 PM
glamglam
Instructor

I would like to know how everyone’s allocations for the ES350 is going so far? Has your dealer been able to find you the color combination with the options that you’re looking for? My dealer is looking every 2 weeks for me to try to get me the UL in the color combination and options that I want which I requested. I’m crossing my fingers that he will get a UL for an allocation soon. I’m the only one on his list right now for a fully loaded 2022 ES350 Ultra Luxury. There’s one other customer that is on the dealer’s list for the ES350 Luxury.

Last edited by glamglam; 03-21-22 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-21-22, 04:20 PM
Stuny31
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I am the first one on my salesman’s list for the ES 350 L in my desired color combo/options. He has not been able to locate one so most likely it will have to be a special order. Lexus is currently not taking special orders. Still waiting.
Old 03-21-22, 04:49 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by Stuny31
I am the first one on my salesman’s list for the ES 350 L in my desired color combo/options. He has not been able to locate one so most likely it will have to be a special order. Lexus is currently not taking special orders. Still waiting.
Yes, I know. Your salesman is trying to do what my salesman is doing by trying to get the Luxury for you and the Ultra Luxury for me through what Lexus will give them on their allocations. I very recently sat down together with the general sales manager at my Lexus dealership and he showed me how he would be able to allocate a UL for me. He put my color combination and all the options that requested into his Lexus computer database. Every 2 weeks during the middle of each month and during the end of each month he will check to see what ES350 allocations that Lexus will be giving him. He’s then going to try to see if he can “flip” any of the ES350 allocations into a UL vehicle. If he’s unable to “flip” an ES350 into a UL vehicle, then whenever Lexus gives him a UL allocation, he’s going to grab it and tailor it to the color combination and options that I requested (which will be fully loaded) before the vehicle is built.
He also mentioned that he will also try to allocate the vehicle through another dealer if he can. The general sales manager said that eventually, a UL should pop up in his allocation on his computer system from Lexus between now and within the next 2 months from now. This particular dealership is the largest Lexus dealer in the region in my area and they sell a lot of Lexus ES350’s as well as a lot of all the other Lexus models. They just sold a Caviar Black on Black ES300h Luxury model that was in their showroom just 1 week ago that they just got on allocation. It was sold in less than 1 week.

Last edited by glamglam; 03-21-22 at 05:37 PM.
Old 03-21-22, 05:41 PM
CruiseGuy
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=glamglam;11252057]I would like to know how everyone’s allocations for the ES350 is going .There’s one other customer that is on the dealer’s list for the ES350 Luxury.[/QUOTE):
Hey glam, my ES350 BASE model was ordered at the start of February with ETA at the mid April. The dealer was informed that my ES350 BASE has just been added to the production line with a new ETA of mid May coming from Japan. HANG TIGHT GLAMGLAM,, we are going for a ride.
The following users liked this post:
glamglam (03-21-22)
Old 03-21-22, 06:05 PM
glamglam
Instructor

[QUOTE=CruiseGuy;11252170]
I would like to know how everyone’s allocations for the ES350 is going .There’s one other customer that is on the dealer’s list for the ES350 Luxury.[/QUOTE):
Hey glam, my ES350 BASE model was ordered at the start of February with ETA at the mid April. The dealer was informed that my ES350 BASE has just been added to the production line with a new ETA of mid May coming from Japan. HANG TIGHT GLAMGLAM,, we are going for a ride.
Cruiseguy,
Thats excellent news! Can you remember around when during the beginning of February that you ordered your ES350 BASE model? Also, when did your dealership get the allocation for your ES350 BASE model? In February or just recently in March? It’s good that Lexus will put your car into production and build it this month in March and that you will receive it by mid May. That’s excellent news!

Also, I’m curious. Why is your car coming from Japan when Lexus is already building all of the ES350 models for the USA market here in Kentucky? I know that Lexus has been building the ES350 models in Japan for many years now but only for Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia, Southeast Asia and Australia. But why is your 2022 ES350 BASE model being built in Japan when Lexus already builds it here in the USA? Did Lexus currently change over production to Japan for some reason for some of the ES350 models? I heard that Lexus was going to transfer the ES350 production to Japan for the model year 2023, but I thought this was only a rumor. I also heard another rumor that Japan production was going to start at the end of 2024 for the 2025 model year for all ES350 models too. But I have no idea which one of the 2 Japanese production dates that Lexus will decide for all the ES350 models.
What do you mean when you say that “we are going for a ride”? Is this ride that you’re talking about going to be a good or a bad thing for us?

Last edited by glamglam; 03-21-22 at 06:30 PM.
Old 03-22-22, 06:21 PM
CruiseGuy
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=glamglam;11252191]
Originally Posted by CruiseGuy

Cruiseguy,
Thats excellent news! Can you remember around when during the beginning of February that you ordered your ES350 BASE model? Also, when did your dealership get the allocation for your ES350 BASE model? In February or just recently in March? It’s good that Lexus will put your car into production any building it this month in March and that you will receive it by mid May. That’s excellent news!

Also, I’m curious. Why is your car coming from Japan when Lexus is already building all of the ES350 models for the USA market here in Kentucky? I know that Lexus has been building the ES350 models in Japan for many years now but only for Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia, Southeast Asia and Australia. But why is your 2022 ES350 BASE model being built in Japan when Lexus already builds it here in the USA? Did Lexus currently change overseas 7788⁰ĺproduction to Japan for some reason for some of the ES350 models? I heard that Lexus was going to transfer the ES350 production to Japan for the model year 2023, but I thought this was only a rumor. I also heard another rumor that Japan production was going to start at the end of 2024 for the 2025 model year for all ES350 models too. But I have no idea which one of the 2 Japanese production dates that Lexus will decide for all the ES350 models.
What do you mean when you say that “we are going for a ride”? Is this ride that you’re talking about going to be a good or a bad thing for us?
LOL GLAMGLAM, I feel like I'm sitting at the back of the bus driven by Lexus on a hot day waiting for our stop. We have frequent stops, people getting in are those who have just purchased, those who disembark, means their Lexus is waiting. In our case, the bus driven by Lexus will take a long time before we get there, so sit back and enjoy looking at the nice seat covers in the Lexus passing us (wink) I know it's a strange way of thinking, it's the ride I am referring to.
I know the dealership submitted the order on the first day of business in February. No Lexus base model in the colors I specified were available anywhere. Lexus acknowledged the Lexus has been entered in the system for production in the first week of March with a projected ETA of mid May as long as everything goes well. The dealer has no VIN which apparently is know only when the shipping date has been established.
Regarding Japan vs Louisville Kentucky, I have no information whatsoeve to cheer you up.
SORRY for the delay.

Quick Reply: Special/Custom Order