ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Heated Seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-22, 07:49 AM
Erazz
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Heated Seats

Can’t say I’m impressed at all, can’t really even tell if they’re truly heating. Have these been known not to be very good or should I have it looked at?

Last edited by Erazz; 03-10-22 at 07:53 AM.
Old 03-10-22, 08:39 AM
PrznPrince
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I find they do get quite nice and warm, I don't use the auto setting/set it to highest. Might be worth taking to have a look at it
Old 03-10-22, 08:49 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 714 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by Erazz
Can’t say I’m impressed at all, can’t really even tell if they’re truly heating. Have these been known not to be very good or should I have it looked at?
My seats get good and warm, but certainly not hot. I read a post either on this subforum or the RX subforum where a complaint was made with a service department about seats not getting warm enough. It is my recollection the general level of heating was controlled by an amplifier in the car, and they were able to move the connection to a different tap on the amplifier, resulting in a higher temp.

There are also some threads regarding settings in the menus that adjust the levels. For example, I located this discussion with a quick search: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...-hot-seat.html. Make sure you search using different variations to obtain any possible discussions (I searched for “hot seats” and “weak seat heaters”).

Bottom line is this: Don’t be afraid to have the dealer look at it if you don’t feel it is sufficiently warm/hot for your tastes. However, i don’t believe it is a particularly common complaint.
Old 03-10-22, 09:04 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Holy cow mine get so darn hot, I can only leave them on for minute or two.
The following users liked this post:
wmoor004 (03-10-22)
Old 03-10-22, 09:42 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,155 Likes on 1,619 Posts

yeah mine get pretty hot. 21 model for reference.
Old 03-10-22, 11:27 AM
LeeSoFL
Advanced

Received 222 Likes on 145 Posts

Unlike other models, both seat and the back have heating elements and cooling ducts.

I have the Concierge feature set to cool the seats, since we use that most often. I can toggle the heated seat on, but the system does it automatically if the temp outside is cooler.

Always mucho heat. Cool works fine too.
Old 03-10-22, 11:43 AM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 974 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
yeah mine get pretty hot. 21 model for reference.

Same here, 2020 model Lux.
Old 03-10-22, 12:39 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by TechNut
My seats get good and warm, but certainly not hot. I read a post either on this subforum or the RX subforum where a complaint was made with a service department about seats not getting warm enough. It is my recollection the general level of heating was controlled by an amplifier in the car, and they were able to move the connection to a different tap on the amplifier, resulting in a higher temp.

There are also some threads regarding settings in the menus that adjust the levels. For example, I located this discussion with a quick search: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...-hot-seat.html. Make sure you search using different variations to obtain any possible discussions (I searched for “hot seats” and “weak seat heaters”).

Bottom line is this: Don’t be afraid to have the dealer look at it if you don’t feel it is sufficiently warm/hot for your tastes. However, i don’t believe it is a particularly common complaint.
The steering wheel in my E300 Mercedes doesn’t get very hot either. It gets warm, but doesn’t stay warm. However, my Dodge Challenger and my Dodge Charger before that have a very nice and hot steering wheel. I also used to drive a few Camry hybrids that had heated seats and the seats didn’t get very warm either. I don’t know if the heated seats in the Ultra Luxury model have better heat elements in them that get hotter than the regular heated seats in the Premium models. Maybe someone in here knows if there’s a difference in the heat level between the Premium and the Ultra Luxury model.
Old 03-10-22, 01:36 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 714 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by glamglam
The steering wheel in my E300 Mercedes doesn’t get very hot either. It gets warm, but doesn’t stay warm. However, my Dodge Challenger and my Dodge Charger before that have a very nice and hot steering wheel. I also used to drive a few Camry hybrids that had heated seats and the seats didn’t get very warm either. I don’t know if the heated seats in the Ultra Luxury model have better heat elements in them that get hotter than the regular heated seats in the Premium models. Maybe someone in here knows if there’s a difference in the heat level between the Premium and the Ultra Luxury model.
There is absolutely zero reason to think the seat heaters would be different between trim levels. I have no way of verifying that, it just defies logic.
The following 2 users liked this post by TechNut:
dklanecky1 (03-11-22), LexFinally (03-10-22)
Old 03-10-22, 06:43 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 927 Likes on 581 Posts

My better half adores how toasty she feels in the passenger seat. We've had two other cars with heated seats, and she says this one's by far the best.
Old 03-11-22, 04:37 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 560 Likes on 398 Posts

My 2020 ESh with Nulux stays gets really hot. The steering wheel also gets hot.

If your seats are not you might want to have the dealer check.
Old 03-11-22, 08:37 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,155 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Check out all the cool stuff the Asian Camry gets. rear seat controls.. also now that I think about it, do our rear doors have lights? i don't recall they do?

Old 03-11-22, 08:53 AM
glamglam
Instructor

Wow! That Camry is fully loaded and has even more options than we get here in the USA. Why doesn’t Toyota and Lexus give us these options in the Camrys and Lexus cars here in the USA?
Old 03-11-22, 09:06 AM
mattsrs
Pit Crew

Received 70 Likes on 51 Posts

I think I read somewhere that UL gets faster heating seats
Old 03-11-22, 09:12 AM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by mattsrs
I think I read somewhere that UL gets faster heating seats
I think you’re right. There’s a much faster heating capability for the cabin in the UL. But I don’t know whether the heated seats also have the faster heating capability too.

Quick Reply: Heated Seats