ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Removing the center console.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-22, 07:37 AM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 974 Likes on 733 Posts

I have a 2007 ES350 and all the plastics inside and out are like new.
The following users liked this post:
wmoor004 (03-27-22)
Old 03-27-22, 12:17 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by wmoor004
So you do not own any vehicles? Just asking.
Of course I own my vehicles. I'm also purchasing the 2022 ES350 Ultra Luxury that I gave a deposit for that my dealership is currently allocating for me. However, I'm not going to keep it for anymore than 3 to 3 1/2 years. I will sell it and get a brand new one at the end of 3 years to 3 1/2 years after I get the car. I don't want to deal with computer and electronic repairs or with bad water pumps and other expensive repairs when the car goes out of warranty. Plus, buying new will get me into the latest and newest model with a brand new factory bumper to bumper warranty.
Old 03-27-22, 03:00 PM
PrznPrince
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Related to this, is removing and replacing the cup holder relatively low key? I've been watching some of the videos and it looks like the center console needs to be disconnected and removed first before getting to that. Im considering getting the Luxury Wood Cup holder put in, but Im guessing if I went with realtor/shop, it'd be costly for the labor
Old 03-27-22, 05:08 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Originally Posted by glamglam
Of course I own my vehicles. I'm also purchasing the 2022 ES350 Ultra Luxury that I gave a deposit for that my dealership is currently allocating for me. However, I'm not going to keep it for anymore than 3 to 3 1/2 years. I will sell it and get a brand new one at the end of 3 years to 3 1/2 years after I get the car. I don't want to deal with computer and electronic repairs or with bad water pumps and other expensive repairs when the car goes out of warranty. Plus, buying new will get me into the latest and newest model with a brand new factory bumper to bumper warranty.
Stop rationalizing. We get it. You want a new car every three years but cars don't magically fall apart when the warranty is up.
dklanecky1 (03-28-22)
Old 03-27-22, 06:28 PM
wmoor004
Pit Crew

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts

Ok. Do you have a car payment? If so, thats not ownership. If you are paying cash for your vehicles every three years that another discussion. I was just curious. Also, if your car is falling apart after three tobfour years... Wow.
Old 03-27-22, 07:59 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 927 Likes on 581 Posts

As both Savagegeese and Car Care Nut said in their videos, the ES is the wrong car to get if you don't plan to keep it beyond the warranty. There are frankly more enjoyable, better-driving cars in its price class that will give you more driving pleasure. The ES return on investment comes precisely because it's unusually well suited to last well beyond the warranty period with minimum trouble and expense.
The following 2 users liked this post by LexFinally:
dklanecky1 (03-28-22), doncmleon (04-05-22)
Old 03-27-22, 09:16 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by wmoor004
Ok. Do you have a car payment? If so, thats not ownership. If you are paying cash for your vehicles every three years that another discussion. I was just curious. Also, if your car is falling apart after three tobfour years... Wow.
I pay off my vehicle at the end of 3 years. I use the car for my business and get deductions for tax purposes. I live up here in the northeast where they use liquid brine and a lot of salt during the winter. All cars up here look awful after 4 to 5 years of ownership and develop rust issues. I drive an average of 15,000 to 20,000 miles per year and I would be out of warranty after 50,000 miles, so it would be worth it to sell the car and let someone else inherit any current or future problems. That's why I buy another brand new car at the end of 3 to 3 1/2 years.

Last edited by glamglam; 03-27-22 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-27-22, 09:22 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by LexWannabe
As both Savagegeese and Car Care Nut said in their videos, the ES is the wrong car to get if you don't plan to keep it beyond the warranty. There are frankly more enjoyable, better-driving cars in its price class that will give you more driving pleasure. The ES return on investment comes precisely because it's unusually well suited to last well beyond the warranty period with minimum trouble and expense.
The ES is not the wrong car for me. I love the ES, but I don't want to take any chances and have to do any major repairs like water pump, electronic and computer repairs, or any engine/transmission repairs to it. Rust is also a big concern for me because they use lots of liquid brine and salt on the roads up here where I live. My last car developed rust after 5 years even when I took excellent care of the body. Rust cannot be fixed. It spreads very easily. If where I lived was like Florida or like down south, I would probably keep my cars longer. I also like to get the newest models after every 3 years with updated engines, transmissions and newer exterior and interior styling.
Old 03-28-22, 09:01 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

I pay off my vehicle at the end of 3 years. I use the car for my business and get deductions for tax purposes. I live up here in the northeast where they use liquid brine and a lot of salt during the winter. All cars up here look awful after 4 to 5 years of ownership and develop rust issues. I drive an average of 15,000 to 20,000 miles per year and I would be out of warranty after 50,000 miles, so it would be worth it to sell the car and let someone else inherit any current or future problems. That's why I buy another brand new car at the end of 3 to 3 1/2 years.
cmon cmon cmon - I live in the NE as well - my ES is not far from four years old and it looks no different than the day I took delivery of it. Same for my wife's RX which is five years old. Not a spec of rust, barely a stone chip anywhere and approaching 50K miles. PT warranty is good until 70K by the way.
dklanecky1 (03-28-22)
Old 04-03-22, 02:15 AM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 974 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by LexWannabe

We can discuss about that part, for some “better driving cars, giving more pleasure” is the combo of comfort, quietness, 44 mpg and etc.
Old 04-04-22, 10:12 AM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by mikemu30
cmon cmon cmon - I live in the NE as well - my ES is not far from four years old and it looks no different than the day I took delivery of it. Same for my wife's RX which is five years old. Not a spec of rust, barely a stone chip anywhere and approaching 50K miles. PT warranty is good until 70K by the way.
You're lucky that you don’t have any stone chips or rust on your Lexus vehicles. It’s not hard to get paint chips on a car in New England if you drive on roads that are heavily salted. Most cars up here look like sheit after 3 years of winter driving. The highway department also likes to spray brine on the roads up here. The brine goes into all the crevices on automobiles and causes rust. The brine and the salt will eventually show wear and tear on any vehicle after a few years, no matter how much that you clean and wash a car.
Old 04-05-22, 11:23 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

You're lucky that you don’t have any stone chips or rust on your Lexus vehicles. It’s not hard to get paint chips on a car in New England if you drive on roads that are heavily salted. Most cars up here look like sheit after 3 years of winter driving. The highway department also likes to spray brine on the roads up here. The brine goes into all the crevices on automobiles and causes rust. The brine and the salt will eventually show wear and tear on any vehicle after a few years, no matter how much that you clean and wash a car.
Yep they spray brine all over NJ these days before a storm. It's all about frequent washing and detailing.