ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

First Month New 2022 Ultra Luxury

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-22, 04:35 PM
ionian
Instructor

Received 259 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by 19ES350lux
In my opinion I think the white shows dust and dirt less for some reason. Caviar is the worst offender.
Yeah, my wife's old RAV4 is crystal white pearl. It hides dust and pollen better than most colors from a few feet away. The other major benefit of white is in the summer time the surface is a lot cooler too. I have an Infrared Thermometer gun for measurement and the difference is drastic. In the dog days of summer the hottest spot on my caviar ES300h is 30 degrees hotter compare to hottest spot on the white RAV4. The side facing the sun can get hot to the touch by 9AM in July/August.

Last edited by ionian; 04-06-22 at 04:41 PM. Reason: ...
Old 04-06-22, 11:57 PM
LexNL
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
So I've tried various sources and can easily and readily distinguish the jumps in sound quality but as you go up the food chain, the increased returns are minimal.

That wireless apple car play dongle thing=POOR
FM radio=poor. not-acceptable for anything but talk radio or very casual music background noise type stuff.
Satellite streaming=noticeable jump, barely acceptable. barely.
spotify streaming wireless BT=significant jump. decent.
spotify streaming wired=minor jump. decent.

I haven't tested FLAC on CD or however you guys are doing FLAC. i don't have the energy to primarily cause spotify streaming is good enough. when i listen to wired music, it's mostly cause i am using wired ACP. the music is just a side benefit.

You can also tell the quality jumps with the sub and amp combo. that probably helps too.
Over here in Europe every new car has to be equipped with a DAB+ radio, because FM is phased out. At the moment, Norway doesn't have FM radio stations anymore, and other countries will follow in de years to come. The sound quality of DAB+ is way better than FM can offer, and also often better than Spotify streaming, depending on the quality of the stream source. I'm wondering why the US doesn't offer DAB+, and sticks with satellite radio.
The following users liked this post:
landonm86 (04-07-22)
Old 04-07-22, 04:02 AM
Moorekx
Pit Crew

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

In my opinion I think the white shows dust and dirt less for some reason. Caviar is the worst offender.
My previous experience was with what Audi calls Glacier White (White with Metal Flake) It did not show dirt or dust anywhere near what the darker colors show.
Old 04-07-22, 05:22 AM
ionian
Instructor

Originally Posted by LexNL
I'm wondering why the US doesn't offer DAB+, and sticks with satellite radio.
The main reason is because TV here in the U.S is using nearly all the available DAB+ channels.
LexFinally (04-07-22)
Old 04-07-22, 05:35 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 513 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Got it - I'll stick with streaming, CDs and XM.
You should check out TIDAL. It lets you download to your phone audio files in FLAC and you can then play them on your ML system. You can also listen through smart TV's, Apple TV's, and on your computer. You get a 30 day free trial. It's a great site with lots of variety. What I really like is that from songs you choose or genres, it uses creates similar song playlists and I have found them to be pretty comprehensive and quite good. It is a bit expensive if you go with the TOP tier plan for the highest audio quality but it might be worth it if you use it enough. Keep in mind that to avoid high data usage I would avoid streaming the high quality content through cellular data and only use WiFi or download them directly to your phone. Give it a shot you have 30 days to cancel. Let us know what you think if you do try it.
Old 04-07-22, 07:32 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,790 Posts

You should check out TIDAL. It lets you download to your phone audio files in FLAC and you can then play them on your ML system. You can also listen through smart TV's, Apple TV's, and on your computer. You get a 30 day free trial. It's a great site with lots of variety. What I really like is that from songs you choose or genres, it uses creates similar song playlists and I have found them to be pretty comprehensive and quite good. It is a bit expensive if you go with the TOP tier plan for the highest audio quality but it might be worth it if you use it enough. Keep in mind that to avoid high data usage I would avoid streaming the high quality content through cellular data and only use WiFi or download them directly to your phone. Give it a shot you have 30 days to cancel. Let us know what you think if you do try it.
Good to know - thx.
Old 04-07-22, 07:58 AM
ionian
Instructor

It is astounding to see how little streaming service are paying their artists. TIDAL is paying their artists more compare to some other streaming company that exploit their artists then turn around and use it to fund a huge talking head that spout misinformation. It goes to show in this day and age misinformation can be a very profitable enterprise.

Last edited by ionian; 04-07-22 at 08:00 AM. Reason: ...
Old 04-07-22, 09:11 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Originally Posted by ionian
It is astounding to see how little streaming service are paying their artists. TIDAL is paying their artists more compare to some other streaming company that exploit their artists then turn around and use it to fund a huge talking head that spout misinformation. It goes to show in this day and age misinformation can be a very profitable enterprise.
Looks like $20/month for that service - a big no thanks. CDs, free Amazon prime and XM will suffice for my daily commute Fifteen or so minutes every morning I'm listening to news anyway on HD radio.
wmoor004 (04-07-22)
Old 04-07-22, 09:34 AM
ionian
Instructor

I used to listen to a ton of XM especially the comedy channels. Some of the best clips are on Comedy Greats and NetFlix is a joke radio. Some jokes made me laughed so hard I almost ended up in a ditch a few times during my commute.
Old 04-07-22, 11:11 AM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

Do you know if Matador Red Mica shows dirt and dust a lot and if it’s easy to keep clean?
Old 04-07-22, 01:20 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 927 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by glamglam
Do you know if Matador Red Mica shows dirt and dust a lot and if it’s easy to keep clean?
Shows dirt, but less than the black car I had before it. Even when not perfectly clean, it's a bright enough color that it doesn't immediately look dingy, which can be a problem with both black and white cars.

Easy to keep clean? As easy as most other colors. It's a fairly dark color, so you see streaks of dirt you left if you missed a spot, but that's true of pretty much any car.

Overall, I like it a lot. Everybody agrees that Mazda's red is the best in the business, but this one's very good IMO. Very brilliant with lustrous metalflakes.
Old 04-07-22, 01:38 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by LexWannabe
Shows dirt, but less than the black car I had before it. Even when not perfectly clean, it's a bright enough color that it doesn't immediately look dingy, which can be a problem with both black and white cars.

Easy to keep clean? As easy as most other colors. It's a fairly dark color, so you see streaks of dirt you left if you missed a spot, but that's true of pretty much any car.

Overall, I like it a lot. Everybody agrees that Mazda's red is the best in the business, but this one's very good IMO. Very brilliant with lustrous metalflakes.
Yes, I like that the Matador Red Mica is a very brilliant color. It almost looks like a beautiful strawberry red without being overbearing. The metal flakes in this particular color make this model sparkle under the sun.
Old 04-07-22, 04:43 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Yes, I like that the Matador Red Mica is a very brilliant color. It almost looks like a beautiful strawberry red without being overbearing. The metal flakes in this particular color make this model sparkle under the sun.
It's funny you should say that, because I got this car in early January, and here in the great Midwest I've seen the car under sunlight for a total of about 5 minutes. I'm barely exaggerating.
RobertJay (04-08-22)
Old 04-07-22, 04:59 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by LexWannabe
It's funny you should say that, because I got this car in early January, and here in the great Midwest I've seen the car under sunlight for a total of about 5 minutes. I'm barely exaggerating.
So you do agree and confirm that the Matador Red Mica paint “does” sparkle when it’s under the sun?
Old 04-07-22, 08:07 PM
LexFinally
Racer

So you do agree and confirm that the Matador Red Mica paint “does” sparkle when it’s under the sun?
Based on my limited experience, definitely yes.

Quick Reply: First Month New 2022 Ultra Luxury