ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

2019 ES - Enform Suite?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-22, 02:05 PM
yelloguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 ES - Enform Suite?

New Lexus owner here. Bought a CPO ES 350 2019. I installed the Enform App Suite app and the Lexus app on my iPhone. EAS app just has a message that says use the Lexus app now. The Lexus app gave me a trial subscription for Safety Connect and for Wi-fi. But it does not let me do remote start. Do I have to pay for a remote start subscription or is there something I am not understanding?
Old 04-10-22, 02:08 PM
ionian
Instructor

Received 259 Likes on 191 Posts

Yeah, the Remote Start is a separate subscription service.
Old 04-10-22, 03:54 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

See if your fob will remote start it. Three quick presses of LOCK and hold the third down until it starts.
The following 2 users liked this post by mikemu30:
Moorekx (04-12-22), yelloguy (04-11-22)
Old 04-10-22, 07:35 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 529 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by ionian
Yeah, the Remote Start is a separate subscription service.
After my free trial ended on my 19 Lux, it was $8 a month for the service that included remote start. I only used that service for a few months until my 22 came in.
Old 04-11-22, 05:50 AM
yelloguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 19ES350lux
After my free trial ended on my 19 Lux, it was $8 a month for the service that included remote start. I only used that service for a few months until my 22 came in.
You are going to have to change your handle on this forum now
Old 04-11-22, 06:08 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by yelloguy
Right!! I made this back in 2019 just to check something out. I didn’t think I’d actually participate. I’ve tried to figure out how to do just that without creating a whole new profile. I’ve messaged the admins but never received a reply. Maybe someone can tell me if it’s possible. LoL
Old 04-11-22, 06:47 AM
ionian
Instructor

Just post your request using the link below:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sit...-here-132.html

You will get a quicker response.
The following users liked this post:
UltraLux22 (04-12-22)
Old 04-11-22, 06:52 AM
ionian
Instructor

Originally Posted by 19ES350lux
If I recall correctly Lexus rearranged the trial period after '19 model year. For your '22 you get 3 year across the board for majority of subscription services. On '19 it all over the place where Remote Service was 1 year(?) and Safety Connect was 10 years. If Lexus doesn't change the course after 3 years the remote start using key fob on your '22 will quit working unless you pay up vs the '19 it's good 10 years. I find the Remote Service useful in my case and I don't mind paying for it. I do pay annual fee as it is a bit cheaper compare to monthly.

Last edited by ionian; 04-11-22 at 07:00 AM. Reason: ...
Old 04-11-22, 07:43 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

If I recall correctly Lexus rearranged the trial period after '19 model year. For your '22 you get 3 year across the board for majority of subscription services. On '19 it all over the place where Remote Service was 1 year(?) and Safety Connect was 10 years. If Lexus doesn't change the course after 3 years the remote start using key fob on your '22 will quit working unless you pay up vs the '19 it's good 10 years. I find the Remote Service useful in my case and I don't mind paying for it. I do pay annual fee as it is a bit cheaper compare to monthly.
Yes they did change the trial periods and they needed to. It never made sense on the 2019 to have the trial periods so different for each service. I didn't mind the $8 bucks a month after trial was over either. Yes the 22 gets the 3 years which is much better and makes more sense. I never keep a lease much beyond 2 years but even still I have 3 years of coverage now if I need it.

The Key Fob remote start is separate from the Remote start service via the mobile app. Even if the subscription ends and does not renew, remote start using the Key Fob will still work. I'm wondering if that was just worded incorrectly based on the context of the rest of your post. So you can clarify if I've misunderstood.
Old 04-12-22, 02:30 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Just post your request using the link below:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sit...-here-132.html

You will get a quicker response.
Thanks! I appreciate that!
Old 04-12-22, 06:09 AM
ionian
Instructor

Originally Posted by UltraLx350
The Key Fob remote start is separate from the Remote start service via the mobile app. Even if the subscription ends and does not renew, remote start using the Key Fob will still work.
It is and it isn't. Toyota tied their remote start to the DCM module which is the brain behind the Connected Services. There are a lot of information flying around and some appear to contract each others regarding the sunset of this feature. From what I gather the key fob start has 3 year trial on 2018+ models. Once that is over if you don't have an active subscription you can't use your key fob to remote start anymore. However some model year has longer trial period. A forum member who is a Lexus sales rep said the 2019 ES has remote key fob start for 10 years. Part of the confusion is shifting strategy from Lexus / Toyota.

At the end of day any trial will have an expiration date. The era of micro transactions for vehicle features is here to stay.

Last edited by ionian; 04-12-22 at 06:13 AM. Reason: ...
Old 04-12-22, 10:28 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by yelloguy
I did just that! Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 04-12-22, 11:11 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

It is and it isn't. Toyota tied their remote start to the DCM module which is the brain behind the Connected Services. There are a lot of information flying around and some appear to contract each others regarding the sunset of this feature. From what I gather the key fob start has 3 year trial on 2018+ models. Once that is over if you don't have an active subscription you can't use your key fob to remote start anymore. However some model year has longer trial period. A forum member who is a Lexus sales rep said the 2019 ES has remote key fob start for 10 years. Part of the confusion is shifting strategy from Lexus / Toyota.

At the end of day any trial will have an expiration date. The era of micro transactions for vehicle features is here to stay.
I can confirm that I went 1 month without the remote service once the trial expired on my 2019 Lux. My key fob was still able to remote start and stop the vehicle. I contemplated not renewing the service, but I really liked being being able to remote start from about anywhere. I especially liked the notifications about doors being unlocked or windows being left open. I'm very forgetful so that was a useful feature.
It was my understanding that the Key Fob remote start was not connected to any remote service subscription. Based on my experience that is correct. If it has changed, I wasn't aware of it. But then there is alot of which I am not aware! LOL
Old 04-12-22, 11:40 AM
ionian
Instructor

Originally Posted by UltraLx350
I can confirm that I went 1 month without the remote service once the trial expired on my 2019 Lux.
I have the '19 ES as well. We are the lucky few as that year the SOS trial is good for 10 years along with the key fob remote start. Other model years they aren't so lucky as 3 years is norm for trial period.
Old 04-12-22, 11:55 AM
Moorekx
Pit Crew

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
See if your fob will remote start it. Three quick presses of LOCK and hold the third down until it starts.
I feel really dumb, but I did not know this was an option. This advice was priceless..lol
The following users liked this post:
mikemu30 (04-12-22)

Quick Reply: 2019 ES - Enform Suite?