ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Triple Beams vs. Standard Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-22, 10:15 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Originally Posted by glamglam
Just because the 2022 model year eliminated the metal strip below the infotainment screen and is using dark plastic doesn’t mean that the material is cheap or that the interior is a step backwards in quality. I sat in an ES300h Luxury yesterday at the local dealership and I was eyeing the area that you are talking about under the infotainment screen. I did notice that the metal piece that went horizontally across the dashboard was replaced with black plastic. It doesn’t look bad or cheap to me. Maybe Lexus got rid of the metal piece in order to avoid it from being scratched or dented easily or maybe they wanted to save money on the amount of metal that they use on the interior. I don’t know the real reason why they did that. But the dashboard still doesn’t look cheap with that metal piece being eliminated for the model year 2022 on the ES.

Also, from what I’ve been reading on here, Lexus made the infotainment system a touchscreen and they also moved the screen closer to the driver. That’s a very good thing because they made the touchscreen more ergonomic for the driver.
Keep your eyes on the ROAD when using that touchscreen
Old 04-20-22, 10:17 AM
ionian
Instructor

Received 259 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
I hate seeing this guy. like loathe. he spreads his legs in every video thumbnail--like he's trying to appear tough--and it just looks odd. plus his approach to car reviews are vanilla and just hate watching him for some reason.
LOL. yeah his review is vanilla and shallow. I just posted it as it contained the clip I was looking for to make my point.
The following users liked this post:
E46CT (04-20-22)
Old 04-20-22, 10:17 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dezymond
same boat, something about this guy annoys me, so I don't watch his videos. He has this somewhat salesman pitch vibe and speech, so I find that annoying. I forget which car but he mentioned "you can fit a pizza in this map pocket", like who the hell would even consider that...
Really depends where the slice is from
Old 04-20-22, 10:24 AM
ionian
Instructor

Originally Posted by dezymond
same boat, something about this guy annoys me, so I don't watch his videos. He has this somewhat salesman pitch vibe and speech, so I find that annoying. I forget which car but he mentioned "you can fit a pizza in this map pocket", like who the hell would even consider that...
I think he used to be a car salesman before becoming full time as youtuber. In most of his videos he prefers to use the twinkie analogy. He found his audience as his channel is growing in leaps and bounds. He has 770K subscribers now and will hit 1M by end this year. More power to him as he isn't out there harming anyone by spewing hate and misinformation trying to make a buck.
Old 04-20-22, 10:27 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,155 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Originally Posted by ionian
LOL. yeah his review is vanilla and shallow. I just posted it as it contained the clip I was looking for to make my point.
Oh yeah i was just waiting for months for an excuse to rag on that guy and you gave me it LOL. i can't stand him. the way he postures his body and spreads for EVERY video is cringey.
TipsyTonio (04-20-22)
Old 04-20-22, 10:34 AM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 467 Likes on 289 Posts

I think he used to be a car salesman before becoming full time as youtuber. In most of his videos he prefers to use the twinkie analogy. He found his audience as his channel is growing in leaps and bounds. He has 770K subscribers now and will hit 1M by end this year. More power to him as he isn't out there harming anyone by spewing hate and misinformation trying to make a buck.
That explains it. Nothing wrong with it, I'm just not a fan of it. I prefer other YouTubers that review cars. More power to him and glad he found something that's fun and sustainable.
Old 04-20-22, 10:44 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Any fans here of Redline Reviews with Sofyan Bey?

Old 04-20-22, 10:49 AM
dezymond
Instructor

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Any fans here of Redline Reviews with Sofyan Bey? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ibepWVRqHw
I enjoy his takes. He's one I consistently watch.
mikemu30 (04-20-22)
Old 04-20-22, 10:54 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Any fans here of Redline Reviews with Sofyan Bey? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ibepWVRqHw
Yes, but when he actually focuses on the cars. The video he made about his personal Mach-E GT was cringe because it was 95% about his personal life, and 5% about the car.
Old 04-20-22, 10:55 AM
ionian
Instructor

I have a list of car channels I follow and he is one of them.
Old 04-20-22, 10:58 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
Yes, but when he actually focuses on the cars. The video he made about his personal Mach-E GT was cringe because it was 95% about his personal life, and 5% about the car.
And then there's the hair loss remedy commercials
Old 04-20-22, 11:26 AM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 974 Likes on 733 Posts

Sofyan is OK, but I think savagegeesy is the best youtube reviewer.
LexFinally (04-21-22)
Old 04-20-22, 11:37 AM
ionian
Instructor

savagegeese is one of my top favorite channels for those interested in technical deep dive. The other one is Alex On Autos. If you are going to cross shop a vehicle against different brands Alex is really detail oriented on feature break down comparison. His road test drive scoring is informative as well.
LexFinally (04-20-22)
Old 04-20-22, 11:59 AM
dezymond
Instructor

savagegeese is one of my top favorite channels for those interested in technical deep dive. The other one is Alex On Autos. If you are going to cross shop a vehicle against different brands Alex is really detail oriented on feature break down comparison. His road test drive scoring is informative as well.
Both are very good.

For lighter feeling reviews and more entertainment purposes, I enjoy Throttle House and The Straight Pipes.
LexFinally (04-20-22)
Old 04-20-22, 12:05 PM
ionian
Instructor

The Straight Pipes is on my list too for a while now. They can be entertaining to watch. However in a recent video one of them is getting a bit cringey lately asking vehicle they reviewed to warm up his anatomy part.

Quick Reply: Triple Beams vs. Standard Headlights