ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Smartaccess Key Card

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-22 | 10:36 AM
wmoor004
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by mikemu30
You couldn't PAY ME $6 a day to drink Starbucks 5W30.
I agree. I do not support them whatsoever.
The following users liked this post:
LexFinally (04-29-22)
Old 04-29-22 | 03:34 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Originally Posted by glamglam
Starbucks is expensive and their coffee isn’t anything special. I would rather pay $80 per year for the app than give my money to Starbucks.
100%

Originally Posted by mikemu30
You couldn't PAY ME $6 a day to drink Starbucks 5W30.
You the kind to give away Starbucks gift cards when you receive them? Cause I do LOL
Old 04-30-22 | 02:39 PM
grp52
Instructor

Originally Posted by dezymond
It's $8/mo or $80/yr for Enform Remote after a free trial of 3yrs. ...
The trail period for Remote varies by model year. For 2019, it was only 1 year - Destination Assist had the same trail period.

One thing to watch out for when your trial period ends and you want to start subscribing to JUST Remote - at least for me and what Lexus corporate customer service stated when I called to fix it - Lexus automatically links a first time Remote ONLY subscription with an automatic pay-for subscription for Destination Assist and that additional charge is added to the billing charge card draft.
Old 04-30-22 | 07:15 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by grp52
The trail period for Remote varies by model year. For 2019, it was only 1 year - Destination Assist had the same trail period.

One thing to watch out for when your trial period ends and you want to start subscribing to JUST Remote - at least for me and what Lexus corporate customer service stated when I called to fix it - Lexus automatically links a first time Remote ONLY subscription with an automatic pay-for subscription for Destination Assist and that additional charge is added to the billing charge card draft.
I didn’t experience that when I started paying for the Remote subscription on my 2019 after my free trial ended. Fortunately I only had to subscribe for 4 months until my 2022 UL was delivered. I’m glad they increased the trial period. Since I lease, this car will be gone before the free trial ends!
Old 12-17-23 | 12:41 PM
FastDawg
Intermediate

I’m reviving this thread because I just picked up my 2024 ES F Sport yesterday and have the SmartAccess key card. I think I will use it but I’ve got questions - and yes, I have looked at the owners manual. 😊

How long does the battery in the card last?
How do you set up the car to lock using the card?
Do you hear the car horn beep when you lock the car using the card?

TIA for any information that you can provide.
Old 12-17-23 | 01:54 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by FastDawg
I’m reviving this thread because I just picked up my 2024 ES F Sport yesterday and have the SmartAccess key card. I think I will use it but I’ve got questions - and yes, I have looked at the owners manual. 😊

How long does the battery in the card last?
How do you set up the car to lock using the card?
Do you hear the car horn beep when you lock the car using the card?

TIA for any information that you can provide.
The SAKC is essentially a card that functions as a key fob, albeit without any tactile buttons. Its most significant advantage lies in its form factor, which allows it to operate as a slim key fob in your pocket without requiring any manual button presses.
Having the Kick Sensor for trunk opening and closing, I never had a need for the actual key fob.
The car's beeps upon locking would remain unchanged as the SAKC offers identical functionality to a regular key fob, save for the absence of physical buttons.

The battery was still going strong after 2 years of use with my 22 UL.
The following 2 users liked this post by UltraLux22:
bullnobull (12-19-23), FastDawg (12-17-23)
Old 12-17-23 | 03:43 PM
BBQapple
Instructor

Originally Posted by UltraLux22
Its most significant advantage lies in its form factor, which allows it to operate as a slim key fob in your pocket without requiring any manual button presses.
Having the Kick Sensor for trunk opening and closing, I never had a need for the actual key fob..
Same can be said for the normal fob, plus it has buttons so you can open the doors for people who get to your car before you do unlike with the key card. And since I’m already carrying a key chain for house key etc in might as well use the fob. Plus the key card thing is just way too thick to put in a back pocket wallet unless you don’t mind sitting at an angle.

Inwanted to love the key card, I really did, but after a few days I put it in a drawer where it lives now. Would rather have my $100 back.

also the new fobs for Lexus look and feel nice, like a Colibri lighter from back in the day!
hotwings (12-18-23)
Old 12-17-23 | 03:44 PM
darkknightntpa
Rookie

Originally Posted by ATL350
I'm still exploring all the features of my new 2022 ES UL which I picked up last week. I was wondering what other think of and if/how they use the Smartaccess Key Card it came with. Do you actually carry it with you, like in your wallet or just for times when you don't want to lug the key along? Do you find it actually useful? I didn't specifically ask for the card, but it just came with the car (for about $100, of course). Thoughts? Thanks!
I still carry a wallet, so I put it in my wallet sometimes if I don't want to carry the real key. It has worked flawlessly for me so far...
The following 2 users liked this post by darkknightntpa:
ATL350 (12-18-23), FastDawg (12-17-23)
Old 12-17-23 | 04:08 PM
TerryNVA
Driver School Candidate

I like mine works fine. I carry it in my wallet. Very convenient.
The following 2 users liked this post by TerryNVA:
bullnobull (12-19-23), FastDawg (12-17-23)
Old 12-17-23 | 07:12 PM
FastDawg
Intermediate

About five minutes after I posted I found a YouTube video from a Lexus dealer in Canada who explained it thoroughly. I went out to my car and everything worked great.

Now I’m going to try to fit it in my wallet. I haven’t carried a wallet in my back pocket since I got pickpocketed in New Orleans six years ago so it will be nice to carry this in my front pocket wallet.

Thanks for the input!
Old 12-17-23 | 07:18 PM
darkknightntpa
Rookie

Originally Posted by FastDawg
About five minutes after I posted I found a YouTube video from a Lexus dealer in Canada who explained it thoroughly. I went out to my car and everything worked great.

Now I’m going to try to fit it in my wallet. I haven’t carried a wallet in my back pocket since I got pickpocketed in New Orleans six years ago so it will be nice to carry this in my front pocket wallet.

Thanks for the input!
Man, feel free to share that vid...🫤
Old 12-17-23 | 07:43 PM
FastDawg
Intermediate

Originally Posted by darkknightntpa
Man, feel free to share that vid...🫤
I couldn’t find the video from Canada but this one is just as good.

Old 12-18-23 | 07:01 AM
tfischer

PS: You can change the settings so that grabbing the front door handle unlocks all four doors, which is convenient for those times when more than one person is going to get into the car.
TerryNVA (12-19-23)
Old 12-18-23 | 07:13 AM
ATL350
Advanced

Originally Posted by tfischer
PS: You can change the settings so that grabbing the front door handle unlocks all four doors, which is convenient for those times when more than one person is going to get into the car.
I usually drive alone so I have mine set to only open the driver's door, keeping the others locked for security/safety reasons. If you hold it for a second or two, it will unlock the remaining doors, but sometimes when you walk up with a group who will all be getting in that can get messed up when one touches tries to pull a door handle. I've since learned that when I walk up to the car with friends I touch the back door handle which unlocks all four doors at once. I can keep my usual single setting but still have a quick and easy way to unlock the entire car at once.
FastDawg (12-18-23)
Old 12-18-23 | 07:18 AM
FastDawg
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ATL350
I usually drive alone so I have mine set to only open the driver's door, keeping the others locked for security/safety reasons. If you hold it for a second or two, it will unlock the remaining doors, but sometimes when you walk up with a group who will all be getting in that can get messed up when one touches tries to pull a door handle. I've since learned that when I walk up to the car with friends I touch the back door handle which unlocks all four doors at once. I can keep my usual single setting but still have a quick and easy way to unlock the entire car at once.
I agree. Although I live in a rural area NW of Atlanta many of my appointments are in places that used to be very nice suburban areas but now end up on the nightly news for crimes committed. I prefer to only open my driver’s door.

Quick Reply: Smartaccess Key Card