ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Smartaccess Key Card

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-23, 09:59 AM
BBQapple
Instructor

Received 409 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by tfischer
PS: You can change the settings so that grabbing the front door handle unlocks all four doors, which is convenient for those times when more than one person is going to get into the car.
Not the best for safety as another person has pointed out. I’ve got our cars set to only open the driver door by touch, and if I have family or friends who beat me to the car I use the fob.
Old 12-18-23, 10:05 AM
BBQapple
Instructor

Originally Posted by wmoor004
I do not even carry a wallet. I am surprised people rather carry the key fob 🤔🤷.

Also. If you have the app the card seems like the logical choice. Maybe the ones against the card decided not to spend the whopping $100 or so bucks purchasing price. 🤣🤣🤣..
Ive got the card, used it a few days then tossed it in a drawer. Fob is far more useful (martied with children so often have people riding with me plus I use my car for business and often have clients it’s nice ton open the door for) plus I already have to carry house key.

Starbucks?! Poffffttt! I roast my own beans and make cappuccinos and lattes myself.

The phone app is kind of lame because of the lack of speed l. I have to unlock my phone, launch the app or do a long press selection on the icon to open the door or start the car, then it takes many seconds to actually perform the action. I really only use it for remote start on cold or hot days.

And did you just brag about owning a $100 card on a forum filled with people driving 50-60k cars?!
Old 12-18-23, 10:07 AM
BBQapple
Instructor

Originally Posted by dezymond
100%

You the kind to give away Starbucks gift cards when you receive them? Cause I do LOL
That’s the only time I ever go there when I get a gift card. Hate their coffee but the sandwiches or pastries are fine.
Old 12-18-23, 11:50 AM
DavidZ
Instructor

Received 311 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by BBQapple
Starbucks?! Poffffttt! I roast my own beans and make cappuccinos and lattes myself.
What kind of roaster do you have/use?
Old 12-18-23, 01:47 PM
BBQapple
Instructor

Originally Posted by DavidZ
What kind of roaster do you have/use?
FreshRoast SR800, still have my original smaller FreshRoast for smaller batches and it gets hotter if needed.

Breville Bambino machine for the drinks, although the automatic frother is a little weird I’d rather have the old style on/off steam wand.

My favorite blend of beans for cappuccinos and lattes is wet-hulled Indonesian Java, normal process Yemen Mocca and one third of a lighter brighter Central American or Mexican bean. I’ll roast most of it to a full city roast to just starting to show oil, and a small portion of the Central American beans get roasted to a very dark Italian style roast to where they’re putting off a good bit of smoke. I like a little smokiness but not as much as Starbucks does. The wet hulled Java beans give a little bit of chocolate funk to the blend that works great in a milk drink but it’s a bit funky for straight espresso shots or a pot of drip coffee. Sweet enough with steamed milk and foam that I never add any sugar.