ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Special order Luxury edition / Lexus Southampton / timeframe

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-22, 09:24 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 529 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraLux22
I will follow-up with my high-level Lexus contact to get confirmation if special ordering has been reinstated.

A special order is a request for a vehicle that is not normally made in your area, but can be produced based on the build allowances. If your order is indeed considered a ‘special order’ then that might explain why they claim it is not an allocation but a special order does indeed count as part of their allocations. My order was considered a ‘special order’ or ‘SPO’ due to this. It was possible to make the vehicle I received, Lexus just didn’t have the intention of doing so until my order request was submitted.
Originally Posted by dr3wski
Thank you so much. How do you know they are not accepting special orders? Two separate dealerships are telling me that they are for the ES and the RX.
Also, they specifically told me that this is not an allocation and it is in fact a special order. I've been on the phone with them for around 2 hours over the past month.
This is the information I received just a few minutes ago.

Good Afternoon ****!

Still no special orders. Lexus has been experiencing major transportation issues. They are estimating late this year or early 2023 before special orders are reinstated.

Have a great day!
Old 05-10-22, 09:35 AM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

That's odd because there were some people in here that were saying that Lexus started taking special orders in April only for the ES350 and for the RX vehicles. So which is it? Special orders for only the ES350 and for the RX vehicles or no special orders? Which one is it?

Last edited by glamglam; 05-10-22 at 02:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
dr3wski (05-10-22)
Old 05-10-22, 11:49 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by glamglam
That's odd because there were some people in here that were saying that Lexus started taking special orders in April only for the ES350 and for the RX vehicles. S which is it? Special orders for only the ES350 and for the RX vehicles or not? Which one is true?
I suppose it doesn't matter as long as you get the car you were hoping to get.
Old 05-10-22, 01:55 PM
dr3wski
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraLux22
This is the information I received just a few minutes ago.

Good Afternoon ****!

Still no special orders. Lexus has been experiencing major transportation issues. They are estimating late this year or early 2023 before special orders are reinstated.

Have a great day!
I will follow up with some Lexus dealerships.
The dealer told me yesterday that he is 99.9% sure that my car will be here in 3-4 months.
Why would they all be lying that you can special order an ES and an RX (those models only) ?

Thanks.
Old 05-10-22, 03:09 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

I will follow up with some Lexus dealerships.
The dealer told me yesterday that he is 99.9% sure that my car will be here in 3-4 months.
Why would they all be lying that you can special order an ES and an RX (those models only) ?

Thanks.
I wouldn't say they are lying. They just may be misclassifying what a true special order is. It's likely they can still have your car created as you've wanted. Just search the threads for my Explanation on Dealer allocation and fulfillment. It's a complicated process and very easy to misunderstand, even for salespeople. My information comes from a Lexus General Manager, the highest level of a dealership.
dr3wski (05-10-22)
Old 05-10-22, 03:26 PM
dr3wski
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Thank you for the info.
It's peculiar to me because they told me that they were not doing an allocation (or whatever it's called) and they chose to special order it.
Mayyyyybe this is some bs they are slinging because if they actually make the thing show up on time they can do something to drive up price.
Incidentally, I do not have a document with the final price of the vehicle. ...suddenly that seems suspicious.
Old 05-10-22, 07:33 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Thank you for the info.
It's peculiar to me because they told me that they were not doing an allocation (or whatever it's called) and they chose to special order it.
Mayyyyybe this is some bs they are slinging because if they actually make the thing show up on time they can do something to drive up price.
Incidentally, I do not have a document with the final price of the vehicle. ...suddenly that seems suspicious.
That is a possibility so be diligent and stay on them.
That wouldn't be uncommon to not have pricing yet as they have likely not been allocated a vehicle that they could make or request changes on. That could be why they gave you such a long time frame so that potentially they would likely have that vehicle within that time frame. The document with the pricing I presented earlier in this thread wasn't received until a few months after my special order was accepted. True special orders take longer than a vehicle in a dealers pipeline having adjustments made before the specs are frozen or locked in, takes less time. Your build as you have outlined it wouldn't be the most common as most standard builds would have a pano roof, especially with a nav/ML system.

My SPO was accepted on 8/03/21. A VIN and pricing were issued 12/06/21. Built early January 2022. Factor in supply chain issues, transportation issues, and other factors and that contributed to the long wait.

Last edited by UltraLux22; 05-12-22 at 04:54 PM.
dr3wski (05-11-22)
Old 05-11-22, 03:54 AM
Moorekx
Pit Crew

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

All,

My first post on this forum; forgive any newb questions.

On 04.15.2022 I put down a $500 deposit for a special order Luxury Edition (NOT UL) ES350 from Lexus of Southampton. Caviar/Palomino, illuminated rear trunk lid and sils, nav/Levinson, will take or leave triple beam lights, NO panoramic roof. The folks at the dealership are confident that my vehicle will be here on or before the end of my lease on 08.25.2022...basically in 3.5 months.

Does this sound reasonable to you guys?

Thanks you.
If I had to put money on it it you’ll get your car with in a week of your 3.5 month target. Give or take. Verbally told my guy what I wanted the first week of December 2021. He called and said he could match an allocation the last week of December (Palomino interior rather than crčme). It was built the first week of Feb. I took delivery first week of March. It was an Ultra Luxury. Never put a penny down, signed a nonbinding purchase order that he submitted to his new car sales manager. Lexus of Tulsa is very easy going. Most of their customers are repeat customers (as was I) so no cash down was required. PS: Get the triple beams, they are well worth the $ in my opinion.
dr3wski (05-11-22)
Old 05-12-22, 01:41 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

Any news yet?