Special order Luxury edition / Lexus Southampton / timeframe

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-22, 02:02 PM
dr3wski
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Special order Luxury edition / Lexus Southampton / timeframe

All,

My first post on this forum; forgive any newb questions.

On 04.15.2022 I put down a $500 deposit for a special order Luxury Edition (NOT UL) ES350 from Lexus of Southampton. Caviar/Palomino, illuminated rear trunk lid and sils, nav/Levinson, will take or leave triple beam lights, NO panoramic roof. The folks at the dealership are confident that my vehicle will be here on or before the end of my lease on 08.25.2022...basically in 3.5 months.

Does this sound reasonable to you guys?

Thanks you.

Last edited by dr3wski; 05-09-22 at 02:41 PM.
Old 05-09-22, 02:21 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 943 Likes on 593 Posts

I'm no expert here. They're building only certain, mostly well loaded, color and equipment combinations. My amateur guess is that the full boat of options you're ordering will help you. Grey will help you. 3-1/2 months? Pretty quick by recent standards, but their confidence is a good sign, I hope.

Do you have it in writing that you'll have transportation at their expense if they don't deliver by the lease expiration?
The following users liked this post:
dr3wski (05-09-22)
Old 05-09-22, 02:27 PM
dr3wski
Pit Crew

I do not have it in writing that I will have transportation from Lexus should the vehicle not arrive by end of my lease.
(I can deal with GMAC in an effort to extend my current lease...not sure if they will play ball...and I'd rather discuss Lexus-related matters here; GM makes me want to puke).

I did just have a brief call with another dealership in NY who told me: ES 350 Luxury = 90 - 120 days...so that allays some concerns.
Old 05-09-22, 02:41 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by dr3wski
I do not have it in writing that I will have transportation from Lexus should the vehicle not arrive by end of my lease.
(I can deal with GMAC in an effort to extend my current lease...not sure if they will play ball...and I'd rather discuss Lexus-related matters here; GM makes me want to puke).

I did just have a brief call with another dealership in NY who told me: ES 350 Luxury = 90 - 120 days...so that allays some concerns.
I put a $1,000 deposit on my 2022 ES350 Ultra Luxury on March 12th. The dealership got the allocation for my car on April 5th and my vehicle was built on May 5th and it’s currently in processing right now. I should hopefully be getting it by the end of May.
dr3wski (05-09-22)
Old 05-09-22, 02:53 PM
dr3wski
Pit Crew

I hear UL's are impossible to get your hands on but maybe things are moving faster now. *shrug*
Old 05-09-22, 03:38 PM
glamglam
Instructor

I hear UL's are impossible to get your hands on but maybe things are moving faster now. *shrug*
The Ultra Luxury model is always being built. However, some members in here said that Lexus builds the Ultra Luxury model 3 times a year. During the beginning of the model year, the middle model year and during the end of the model year. The beginning of the model year is around August/September/October. The middle of the model year is around December/January and the end of the model year is March/April and May.
dr3wski (05-09-22)
Old 05-09-22, 03:41 PM
dr3wski
Pit Crew

Good to know. I came close to going for a UL but the dealer told me it would be too difficult to get in time. I dig the sunshades on the windows in the rear (the Luxury only has the sunshade on the rear glass) and I would like to hear how those 'sound dampening rims' actually function...as a speech-language pathologist I'm very dialed into how sound moves through all sorts of things!
Old 05-09-22, 05:26 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 529 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by glamglam
The Ultra Luxury model is always being built. However, some members in here said that Lexus builds the Ultra Luxury model 3 times a year. During the beginning of the model year, the middle model year and during the end of the model year. The beginning of the model year is around August/September/October. The middle of the model year is around December/January and the end of the model year is March/April and May.
Don't start this again. You were the one incessantly peddling this 3 times a year nonsense and NOW you are saying the UL is always being built? I'm the one who brought the info. to the forum about the production of the UL being produced throughout the year.
The following 2 users liked this post by UltraLux22:
dezymond (05-09-22), LexFinally (05-09-22)
Old 05-09-22, 05:39 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

All,

On 04.15.2022 I put down a $500 deposit for a special order Luxury Edition (NOT UL) ES350 from Lexus of Southampton. Caviar/Palomino, illuminated rear trunk lid and sils, nav/Levinson, will take or leave triple beam lights, NO panoramic roof. The folks at the dealership are confident that my vehicle will be here on or before the end of my lease on 08.25.2022...basically in 3.5 months.

Thanks you.
Lexus is still not accepting special orders at this time. It sounds like the dealership anticipates than can get an allocation and there is a possibility they might be able to alter some options. If they can get an allocation in their pipeline where the specs haven't been frozen then there is a possibility. But they did not place a true special order for you. I would ask for the vehicle change request form. My guess is they won't have one yet. They have to submit this to the factory for approval.

The first form is the vehicle change request form. This was the one I received for my true special order. The second is the form you should ask for once the vehicle has been accepted and has had a VIN assigned.

Old 05-09-22, 05:42 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

I have posted extensively in separate threads on this topic. Search for special/custom orders and look for my screen name. You should find what you are looking for.
The following 3 users liked this post by UltraLux22:
dezymond (05-09-22), LexFinally (05-09-22), Moorekx (05-11-22)
Old 05-09-22, 05:54 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

All,

Thanks you.
Dark color combos with Nav and ML sound is reasonable. Triple beams are an upgrade as well as Pano. roof. Regular moonroof is standard. Depending on the volume of your particular dealership in terms of allocations, I don't think it's unreasonable with the options in that timeframe. Just manage expectations and get your pricing locked in once they can provide you with VIN. Things are still fluid in terms of production so keep in touch with the dealer for updates so that you don't find yourself in a position to be in conflict with your other lease.
LexFinally (05-09-22)
Old 05-09-22, 06:10 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 943 Likes on 593 Posts

I would like to hear how those 'sound dampening rims' actually function...as a speech-language pathologist I'm very dialed into how sound moves through all sorts of things!
Here's what little I know: The noise reduction wheels have a cylindrical sub-chamber cast into them. It acts as a "Helmholtz resonator," trapping sound at some specific frequencies and converting it into heat energy that gets dissipated.

All of that sounds very gee-whiz, but in practice, people report that the difference they make is probably rather small.
The following 2 users liked this post by LexFinally:
TechNut (05-10-22), UltraLux22 (05-09-22)
Old 05-09-22, 06:34 PM
dr3wski
Pit Crew

Thank you so much. How do you know they are not accepting special orders? Two separate dealerships are telling me that they are for the ES and the RX.
Also, they specifically told me that this is not an allocation and it is in fact a special order. I've been on the phone with them for around 2 hours over the past month.

Originally Posted by UltraLux22
Lexus is still not accepting special orders at this time. It sounds like the dealership anticipates than can get an allocation and there is a possibility they might be able to alter some options. If they can get an allocation in their pipeline where the specs haven't been frozen then there is a possibility. But they did not place a true special order for you. I would ask for the vehicle change request form. My guess is they won't have one yet. They have to submit this to the factory for approval.

The first form is the vehicle change request form. This was the one I received for my true special order. The second is the form you should ask for once the vehicle has been accepted and has had a VIN assigned.

Old 05-09-22, 07:58 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Thank you so much. How do you know they are not accepting special orders? Two separate dealerships are telling me that they are for the ES and the RX.
Also, they specifically told me that this is not an allocation and it is in fact a special order. I've been on the phone with them for around 2 hours over the past month.
I will follow-up with my high-level Lexus contact to get confirmation if special ordering has been reinstated.

A special order is a request for a vehicle that is not normally made in your area, but can be produced based on the build allowances. If your order is indeed considered a ‘special order’ then that might explain why they claim it is not an allocation but a special order does indeed count as part of their allocations. My order was considered a ‘special order’ or ‘SPO’ due to this. It was possible to make the vehicle I received, Lexus just didn’t have the intention of doing so until my order request was submitted.

Last edited by UltraLux22; 05-09-22 at 08:11 PM.
dr3wski (05-10-22)
Old 05-09-22, 11:49 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by UltraLux22
Don't start this again. You were the one incessantly peddling this 3 times a year nonsense and NOW you are saying the UL is always being built? I'm the one who brought the info. to the forum about the production of the UL being produced throughout the year.
Yes, that’s what I meant to say to the other person in here. That the Ultra Luxury model is produced throughout the year. What I forgot to say is that the UL is produced all the time throughout the whole year for the entire country. Thank you for correcting me.

Quick Reply: Special order Luxury edition / Lexus Southampton / timeframe