ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Considering 2022 ES300H f Sport

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-22, 05:20 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 467 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFinally
I'm amazed to hear that. I had no idea. (Not to discourage OP, because we've heard on this board that the standard Pioneer system has been improved from 2019 and is now perfectly decent.)
Originally Posted by daoism76
I thought it was weird I was not able to add ML to the build online. How is the stock sound system?
Yeah it's unfortunate they took away that potential option once the trim hit the production line. After watching all the 300h f sport reviews on YouTube, they all say the stock system is "fine", and none of them had the ML package so it's not like we missed out on anything. I just saw that on their pre-production options sheet that ML was on there (I believe that specific video was back in Oct 2021, so before even more crap hit the fan around the world). Of course the ML sound system sounds better, but I believe it should be perfectly fine for everyday use, unless you're a real audiophile (which I personally am not). I have the ELS sound system in my current TLX from 2015 and I've been very happy with it. I imagine Lexus base speaker system should sound as good as this, if not, then I can get some audio work done, no big deal. I do wish they had ML option available though.
Old 05-18-22, 08:37 AM
daoism76
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by daoism76
This was Lexus of Clear Lake. They asked if I wanted the one coming on 5/23 Im guessing that was not sold yet. They told me another one was coming in July. The one I build online they said it won't be in until oct or later. My current car still runs well I don't need the new car in July. I'll just wait until oct to get the exact specs I want. Going to put deposit down once they get the final ok from the manager. Oh they add $700 caltex/resisto to every car I asked them not to include it. Do i really need it? other Lexus dealership did not add caltex.....
Got the response from the dealership and they said Lexus won't allow them to build my config that add and remove options. They only send preconfigured ones. Oh well I'm gonna pass for now. I hate paying full price for options I didn't ask for lol
Old 05-18-22, 08:39 AM
daoism76
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraLux22
Yep! Even though they won’t call it a Market Adjustment, the fact that they are including it on every car allows them to accomplish the same goal but without the ‘appearance’ of doing so! Manufacturers don’t like their dealers charging above MSRP. This is one way for them to circumvent that.
That's what I figured. Thank you for confirming my suspicion lol.
Old 05-18-22, 08:52 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Yep! Even though they won’t call it a Market Adjustment, the fact that they are including it on every car allows them to accomplish the same goal but without the ‘appearance’ of doing so! Manufacturers don’t like their dealers charging above MSRP. This is one way for them to circumvent that.
Many dealers have been doing this for years. When I bought my wife's 2017 RX nearly five years ago, dealer added a $500 paint protection charge without advising me. I told them the deal was off at that point and they removed it. They will all try whatever they can get away with.
The following users liked this post:
LexFinally (05-18-22)
Old 05-18-22, 09:34 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 513 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Many dealers have been doing this for years. When I bought my wife's 2017 RX nearly five years ago, dealer added a $500 paint protection charge without advising me. I told them the deal was off at that point and they removed it. They will all try whatever they can get away with.
Dealers want to to make as much money as possible and buyers want to save as much money as possible. It's what I have conditioned myself to expect and I approach it accordingly. I got burned when I was younger because I had NO CLUE what I was doing. However, not every dealer operates that way with regards to 'creative maneuvering' or fleecing it's customers. It's the business model that the dealers, primarily the GM's, adopt and reinforce that makes the difference. I can say that it has taken me 20 years to find the one dealership/contact that I can honestly say breaks the mold! It wasn't a one off situation either.

LS500Fan (05-18-22)
Old 05-18-22, 09:40 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Dealers want to to make as much money as possible and buyers want to save as much money as possible. It's what I have conditioned myself to expect and I approach it accordingly. I got burned when I was younger because I had NO CLUE what I was doing. However, not every dealer operates that way with regards to 'creative maneuvering' or fleecing it's customers. It's the business model that the dealers, primarily the GM's, adopt and reinforce that makes the difference. I can say that it has taken me 20 years to find the one dealership/contact that I can honestly say breaks the mold! It wasn't a one off situation either.
I'd agree buyers want to save money but many stroll into the dealership and get fleeced based on a monthly payment amount. Sad.
Old 05-18-22, 09:42 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Of course they have! It's just much more rampant now due to the market conditions and everything else going on. Negotiating power has pretty much dwindled for most buyer's. I mean, we still have the power to say "No Thanks," but most dealers aren't going to chase you down or call you back to tell you that they've had a change of heart either!
Old 05-18-22, 09:45 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

I'd agree buyers want to save money but many stroll into the dealership and get fleeced based on a monthly payment amount. Sad.
Preach! That was me 100%! Looking back, I can't believe I didn't know any better but let's face it, that's a large majority of buyers.
LexFinally (05-18-22)
Old 05-18-22, 11:29 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Preach! That was me 100%! Looking back, I can't believe I didn't know any better but let's face it, that's a large majority of buyers.
True and very sad to see how so many are taken advantage of.