ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Tire and Wheel Protection Plan advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-22, 07:37 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by G1H1
What I want to hear is more about mikemu30’s auto insurance policy that will replace a failed infotainment screen after the Lexus warranty has expired.
Exactly how does one buy this type of insurance for their Lexus ES350? When are you supposed to purchase this type of insurance? When the regular warranty/extended warranty expires? Or while there's still a warranty on the vehicle? I've never heard of this sort of thing where one can purchase a warranty for their vehicle through their insurance company. Do most auto insurance companies offer this type of warranty? Does it also cover other things on the vehicle besides the infotainment system?
Old 05-30-22, 07:40 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

Originally Posted by glamglam
Exactly how does one buy this type of insurance for their Lexus ES350? When are you supposed to purchase this type of insurance? When the regular warranty/extended warranty expires? Or while there's still a warranty on the vehicle? I've never heard of this sort of thing where one can purchase a warranty for their vehicle through their insurance company. Do most auto insurance companies offer this type of warranty? Does it also cover other things on the vehicle besides the infotainment system?
my carrier offers it only on a new car purchase.
Old 05-30-22, 08:01 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by DavidZ
That makes absolutely no sense at all.
How doesn't it make sense? What I'm trying to say is that all the warranties that I purchased were very cheap. They didn't cost a fortune like most in here think. The cheap cost that I paid means that I beat the house. I could've been a jabroni and paid $2,500+ to $3,500+ more for both warranties combined, but I didn't. Also, if I ever need to use the extended warranties to fix anything, the house loses again because they're going to have to pay for all the warranty repairs. Also, if anyone in here wants to know, this isn't my first time around the block with extended warranties for a new car purchase. I purchased a brand new 2008 Dodge Charger RT Track Pack in 2008 and I purchased the $2,980 Unlimited Miles/Unlimited Years bumper to bumper warranty with my Charger. I owned that particular vehicle for 12 years before an illegal alien hit it and totaled it. That money the $2,980) that I paid for the extended warranty paid for itself over the 12 years that I owned that vehicle. You might want to ask me HOW it paid for itself. Well, my Charger had over $12,000 to $14,000 of warranty work done to it in the 12 year time span that I owned the vehicle. I would call that beating the house and a win win situation if Chrysler or the extended warranty insurance company had to pay out $12,000 to $14,000 like they did for warranty work on my Charger over a 12 year period. Wouldn't you? If I hadn't purchased that extended warranty, I would've had to pay that $12,000 to $14,000 OUT OF MY POCKET. Purchasing that extended warranty saved me LOTS of money. Most of the warranty repairs that were done to my Charger were for front suspension work, multiple electronic sensors, the audio system and key fobs. And the list of these repairs were all done multiple times because these items failed multiple times. I don't care how reliable that a Toyota or a Lexus is. Eventually, things will start breaking down and when these things are sensors, computers, infotainment systems, ignition systems, key fobs, tire pressure sensors, ect ect ect, then you are going to pay big bucks to repair/replace these things when your regular warranty runs out. The extended warranty is much needed if you are going to keep your vehicle for more than 5 years and put the miles on it. Especially if you live up north where the weather is really bad and where the roads are like s h i t.

Last edited by glamglam; 05-30-22 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-30-22, 08:08 PM
nitroracer
Intermediate

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Did some digging around and this was the first thing that popped up:

Lexus Wheel and Tire Protection - Gold Brochure

Just at first glance, as this doesn't provide the full TOS, but here are at least 2 exclusions:

"1 Damage to tires with less than 3/32" tread depth when
damage occurs, normal wear and tear, vandalism, or road conditions found in construction sites/zones.
2 Cosmetic wheel repair is limited to sanding, painting, or refinishing the wheel without the need to apply additional material or bend/straighten the wheel. Cosmetic wheel repair limited to a total of six (6) individual wheel repairs during the agreement term."

I imagine there's a limit to replaced wheels, as well, in the full contract which I am not privy to...

I know this thread is running long, but at least we have some concrete information here. OP hasn't really stated what exactly they purchased. YMMV.
Old 05-30-22, 08:08 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by mikemu30
my carrier offers it only on a new car purchase.
That's very interesting. I should ask my insurance agent if my insurance company offers anything like this. How much do you pay each year for this coverage for your vehicle?
Old 05-30-22, 08:10 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by nitroracer
Did some digging around and this was the first thing that popped up:

Lexus Wheel and Tire Protection - Gold Brochure

Just at first glance, as this doesn't provide the full TOS, but here are at least 2 exclusions:

"1 Damage to tires with less than 3/32" tread depth when
damage occurs, normal wear and tear, vandalism, or road conditions found in construction sites/zones.
2 Cosmetic wheel repair is limited to sanding, painting, or refinishing the wheel without the need to apply additional material or bend/straighten the wheel. Cosmetic wheel repair limited to a total of six (6) individual wheel repairs during the agreement term."

I imagine there's a limit to replaced wheels, as well, in the full contract which I am not privy to...

I know this thread is running long, but at least we have some concrete information here. OP hasn't really stated what exactly they purchased. YMMV.
The extended Wheel and Tire Warranty that I purchased wasn't from Lexus. It was though another company and all Lexus dealerships honor it. Also, it covers replacement of the wheel rims and tires. Not only repairs.
Old 05-30-22, 08:14 PM
nitroracer
Intermediate

The extended Wheel and Tire Warranty that I purchased wasn't from Lexus. It was though another company and all Lexus dealerships honor it. Also, it covers replacement of the wheel rims and tires. Not only repairs.
Which company? But you did buy it at the dealer, correct?
Old 05-30-22, 08:22 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Which company? But you did buy it at the dealer, correct?
Yes, I purchased it directly from the Lexus dealership where I purchased my vehicle. The company name is IAS.
Old 05-30-22, 08:24 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Here are pictures of the brochure for both the extended warranty and for the extended wheel and tire warranty. The extended warranty for the vehicle is through Millennium Automotive Protection.

Old 05-30-22, 08:29 PM
nitroracer
Intermediate

Mind uploading the actual Agreement? For the Wheel and Tire - not really interested in other one at this time. You can do it as a file. No need to upload page by page.
Old 05-30-22, 08:33 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Mind uploading the actual Agreement? For the Wheel and Tire - not really interested in other one at this time. You can do it as a file. No need to upload page by page.
Sorry, I'm not computer savvy to know how to do that. The pictures that I sent you is the best that I can do. I can try to send more pictures if you like, but there are many pages in the Millennium Extended warranty booklet. I purchased the Platinum Wraparound Plan for my vehicle which is the best warranty plan that is offered.
Old 05-30-22, 08:34 PM
nitroracer
Intermediate

This was interesting:

"My fuel tank vent valve assembly malfunctioned, which necessitates a $518 replacement cost. I thought no problem, I bought a Gold Package extended warranty for my **** which includes fuel pump, fuel injection pump and injectors, vacuum pump, fuel tank, fuel tank sending unit, and metal delivery lines. Wrong. IA told me that its a non-listed part, so they wont cover it. I responded that its part of the fuel system that is covered, they simply said, did you read your contract? It says non-listed parts arent covered. When I asked what I thought was a rhetorical question, you can arbitrarily decide to classify a part as non-listed?, they replied yes. This company should face legal consequences for clearly running a scam operation, as can be seen in the myriad complaints."

This is the company you linked in your pictures.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but it's nice to get something concrete.

Last edited by nitroracer; 05-30-22 at 08:40 PM.
Old 05-30-22, 08:38 PM
nitroracer
Intermediate

Sorry, I'm not computer savvy to know how to do that. The pictures that I sent you is the best that I can do. I can try to send more pictures if you like, but there are many pages in the Millennium Extended warranty booklet. I purchased the Platinum Wraparound Plan for my vehicle which is the best warranty plan that is offered.
No worries.

We can assume the Lexus Gold Brochure is a reasonable proxy for the Tire and Wheel Repair. For the bumper-to-bumper, I did find some tidbits on IAS.
Old 05-30-22, 08:41 PM
glamglam
Instructor

This was interesting:

"My fuel tank vent valve assembly malfunctioned, which necessitates a $518 replacement cost. I thought no problem, I bought a Gold Package extended warranty for my **** which includes fuel pump, fuel injection pump and injectors, vacuum pump, fuel tank, fuel tank sending unit, and metal delivery lines. Wrong. IA told me that its a non-listed part, so they wont cover it. I responded that its part of the fuel system that is covered, they simply said, did you read your contract? It says non-listed parts arent covered. When I asked what I thought was a rhetorical question, you can arbitrarily decide to classify a part as non-listed?, they replied yes. This company should face legal consequences for clearly running a scam operation, as can be seen in the myriad complaints."

This is the company you linked in your pictures.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but it's nice to get something concrete.
I didn't buy the Gold Package. I purchased the Platinum Wrap Package which covers everything including the fuel tank valve assembly that was not covered by the Gold Package that you bought. The Platinum Wraparound Package is the best extended warranty package that you can buy. There's nothing better than it that's offered by Millennium.
Old 05-30-22, 08:45 PM
nitroracer
Intermediate

I didn't buy the Gold Package. I purchased the Platinum Wrap Package which covers everything including the fuel tank valve assembly that was not covered by the Gold Package that you bought. The Platinum Wraparound Package is the best extended warranty package that you can buy. There's nothing better than it that's offered by Millennium.
Let's backtrack a second.

You bought the R.O.A.D InTire "Gold" Coverage (it says so in the picture you posted). This is one company.

You also bought the "Platinum Wrap Package" from "Millennium" aka IAS.

If I have this wrong, please correct the info.

To be clear, I did not buy any Gold package. I posted a link to the BBB showing all the complaints against IAS. I was quoting one of the complainants. It appears he purchased similar insurance from IAS. He mentions a "non-listed parts" list, which is why I asked you to upload your specific contract.

P.S. - am going to bed, will pick back up tomorrow. Night!

Last edited by nitroracer; 05-30-22 at 08:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Tire and Wheel Protection Plan advice