ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Picked up a 2022 ES 300h F sport

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-22, 12:38 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 475 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by grp52
WeatherTech's 2022 Lexus ES FloorLiner might be worth exploring. The 2nd row/backseat liner is a continuous one piece including coverage for the hump. I wouldn't buy it without clarifying the 2nd row liner hump geometry since the graphic shown on that web page looks like they got the hump geometry reversed.

For some custom fit items WeatherTech subcontracts out the item to a specialty manufacturing company so there's possibly other sources and options to be found with the "right" internet search. (I did find other companies offering one piece 2nd row custom fit all weather liners but when it came to specifying the exact vehicle I couldn't find a match in any of 2019-2022 ESxxxx vehicle types.)
HAve lots of experience with Weathertech. I do like theirs is one piece but it's so flimsy compared to 3D Maxxpider mats. In my previous car, I had Weathertech first but ended up not too impressed with them. So I just want to confirm the layout and dimensions are the same as 2019-2021. If they're not at least it's easy return.
Old 05-21-22, 01:18 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Originally Posted by E46CT
Looks great! FUEL SIPPING BEAST! Despite my hate for the 19" black wheels, this would be my ESh of choice if I got another. Only cause of the Blue paint which I'm a massive fan of.. I used to have a USB CT200h F Sport and i loved that car to death.

They didn't have the Hybrid F Sport in 2021 when I got mine. With triple beams too! Jealous! Is the interior black or red? post some more pics. Also can you show us the engine? I want to see how the engine cover looks on the F Sport hybrid.
Here's a pic of the engine bay.

I got it all nice and detailed, but the car is a fishbowl, tints and front PPF going on Tuesday. So I'll take some daytime after it's done.
Attached Thumbnails Picked up a 2022 ES  300h F sport-20220520_205903.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
july1988 (05-24-22)
Old 05-21-22, 07:13 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 943 Likes on 593 Posts

Originally Posted by dezymond
HAve lots of experience with Weathertech. I do like theirs is one piece but it's so flimsy compared to 3D Maxxpider mats. In my previous car, I had Weathertech first but ended up not too impressed with them. So I just want to confirm the layout and dimensions are the same as 2019-2021. If they're not at least it's easy return.
I had a poor experience with that company. A floormat that approximately fit and then developed a hole, and then a warranty that was only grudgingly honored. I won't be back. Check out the Lloyds brand.
Old 05-22-22, 10:15 AM
dezymond
Instructor

Originally Posted by LexFinally
I had a poor experience with that company. A floormat that approximately fit and then developed a hole, and then a warranty that was only grudgingly honored. I won't be back. Check out the Lloyds brand.
Had Lloyds mats in my mom's GS a for awhile, wasn't a big fan of them to be honest. The design makes sense, but I felt it cheapened the aesthetics of the interior. Also, somehow it folded near the gas pedal and it stayed like that permanently, so she wasn't very happy about that. At least they were cheap at the time. Her GS now has Lexus all weather mats.

Ordered the 3DMaxx Kagu 2nd row mats. I was a huge fan of them in my last vehicle so I know what I'm getting into with them. Will be happy to have that hump protected.
LexFinally (05-24-22)
Old 05-23-22, 05:27 AM
AndrewLWSN
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats!! You will enjoy for sure!
Old 05-24-22, 07:05 PM
Dallas250
Intermediate

Received 101 Likes on 73 Posts

I have the same car but in nonhybrid format and I ordered a set of $100 diamond floor mats off of eBay. I really like them they fit great and I get comments anytime somebody new gets in my car about how luxurious it makes it feel.

I went with black and red stitching to match the interior of the car, here are a couple of pictures not the greatest lighting but you can get a feel for it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/40336561578...mis&media=COPY
The following 2 users liked this post by Dallas250:
FreddyG (07-10-22), july1988 (05-24-22)
Old 05-24-22, 07:18 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by LS500Fan
We have extremely limited choice with the ES in Canada. No F sport hybrid, no individual options. Very few color choices with different packages etc. I got beige paint on my car because I had to have hybrid and the peanut butter color interior. I was then left with very few color choices and didn’t want black or white exterior. No option for red or blue which I’d rather have. I’m very disappointed with the lack of choice when ordering, compared to the US site. They come out of the same factory for Pete’s sake.
No glass panoramic sunroof option in Canada on the ES350 Ultra Luxury model either.
Old 05-24-22, 07:34 PM
dezymond
Instructor

@Dallas250 As much as I love the amount of coverage those mats provide, I'm not a fan of how they look. I've seen them in person, in black/black color too, but I just can't get on board on the design. High quality stuff though.

My other concern with these mats is that I know they go high up the wall in the backseat. The 300h has the hybrid fan filter back there, and I wonder if it would be designed to cover a smaller height. (Yeah, I know this is something I would ask the manufacturer.)

Last edited by dezymond; 05-24-22 at 07:43 PM.
Old 05-24-22, 08:00 PM
dezymond
Instructor

I've had the flu since Saturday and haven't gotten around to taking pictures. But here it is before it goes in for tint. I can't say it enough, this blue paint is stunning. The depth, the shine, and the different shades it has depending on the light is amazing. I'm so glad I went with this color.
Attached Thumbnails Picked up a 2022 ES  300h F sport-20220524_100421.jpg  
The following 4 users liked this post by dezymond:
FreddyG (07-10-22), GS350Miami (05-27-22), july1988 (05-24-22), LexFinally (05-25-22)
Old 05-26-22, 02:52 AM
EWDavid
Rookie

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

The blue Es made me stop in my tracks. Nice work !
The following 2 users liked this post by EWDavid:
dezymond (05-26-22), GS350Miami (05-27-22)
Old 05-27-22, 02:56 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Just got my car back yesterday after 2.5 days in the shop. Got tint all around including windshield (35% front, 20% rear, 60% windshield) and it makes the car look so much better. Also got full front PPF done which turned out much better than what Lexus had originally put on there.

Initial review after driving around for the last 120 miles or so.

Positives:
- smooth as can be. This is my first hybrid vehicle and it's the smoothest vehicle I've ever driven next to a full EV. Switching between engine and EV mode is seamless and I hardly notice when it switches 90% of the time. The only time I really feel it is if I push the throttle far enough for the engine to come on off the line, otherwise it's not even noticeable.
- Seats are SUPER comfortable. I do wish the F Sport came with a leg extender, but these seats are far comfier than my previous 2015 Acura TLX Advance. The seats fit my frame much better and they're much softer and wider.
- How planted this vehicle feels. This car feels so planted and handles so well I'm impressed. I just feel very confident behind the wheel.
- Build quality - no squeaks, no rattles, nothing out of alignment, it's a very very well put together vehicle.
- Ride quality - Again, SMOOTH. It feels uber luxurious and the ride itself is quiet, confident, and not jarring at all. Even with the bigger F Sport wheels, it's library quiet and it must be the MXM4s, but the car absorbs road imperfections very well.
- Lexus ACC works great, very smooth, especially compared to my previous car (though that was first generation tech too)
- The color is stunning, I love it. I'm so glad I didn't settle for any other color and was patient in waiting for this color.

Negatives:
- Small gripe, but no memory seat. This is a $53k MSRP vehicle, why do I not have memory seats. C'mon Toyota/Lexus
- No wireless Android Auto, it's 2022, I get Toyota/Lexus is slow to adapt new tech as they try to perfect the old, but c'mon could've given me wireless AA over a useless Qi charger
- The Qi charger is in the dumbest spot and takes up so much space in the compartment.
- No 12V outlet for front of the car? (I for the life of me can't find it if there is one)
- The UI, it's great that it's now a touchscreen (something I absolutely loathe about the 2013 GS we have in the family), but the UI itself wasn't update to accommodate this new feature. Icons are way too small and out of reach.
- Rear camera quality, it's no better than the one I had in my TLX, which is a 7yr old car. (This must be a Japanese thing because Acura uses the same crappy cameras in their Honda lineup too).
- Lane Keep Assist doesn't work unless cruise control is on. I don't like this at all, my TLX allowed LKAS to be on without CC and although it's not necessary, it did make drives easier.

Overall, the first 100 miles. I love this car. It's extremely comfortable, quiet, looks amazing, drives great, AND it gets me mpg I never even came close to seeing my TLX. Even just two years ago I would've never considered a hybrid, now I'm wondering why I didn't make the switch sooner. However, I'm glad I waited, because this F sport trim hits all the checkboxes for me pretty much.
Attached Thumbnails Picked up a 2022 ES  300h F sport-20220527_085851.jpg   Picked up a 2022 ES  300h F sport-20220527_085901.jpg  

Last edited by dezymond; 05-27-22 at 04:52 PM.
FreddyG (07-10-22)
Old 05-27-22, 05:51 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

Just got my car back yesterday after 2.5 days in the shop. Got tint all around including windshield (35% front, 20% rear, 60% windshield) and it makes the car look so much better. Also got full front PPF done which turned out much better than what Lexus had originally put on there.

Initial review after driving around for the last 120 miles or so.

Positives:
- smooth as can be. This is my first hybrid vehicle and it's the smoothest vehicle I've ever driven next to a full EV. Switching between engine and EV mode is seamless and I hardly notice when it switches 90% of the time. The only time I really feel it is if I push the throttle far enough for the engine to come on off the line, otherwise it's not even noticeable.
- Seats are SUPER comfortable. I do wish the F Sport came with a leg extender, but these seats are far comfier than my previous 2015 Acura TLX Advance. The seats fit my frame much better and they're much softer and wider.
- How planted this vehicle feels. This car feels so planted and handles so well I'm impressed. I just feel very confident behind the wheel.
- Build quality - no squeaks, no rattles, nothing out of alignment, it's a very very well put together vehicle.
- Ride quality - Again, SMOOTH. It feels uber luxurious and the ride itself is quiet, confident, and not jarring at all. Even with the bigger F Sport wheels, it's library quiet and it must be the MXM4s, but the car absorbs road imperfections very well.
- Lexus ACC works great, very smooth, especially compared to my previous car (though that was first generation tech too)
- The color is stunning, I love it. I'm so glad I didn't settle for any other color and was patient in waiting for this color.

Negatives:
- Small gripe, but no memory seat. This is a $53k MSRP vehicle, why do I not have memory seats. C'mon Toyota/Lexus
- No wireless Android Auto, it's 2022, I get Toyota/Lexus is slow to adapt new tech as they try to perfect the old, but c'mon could've given me wireless AA over a useless Qi charger
- The Qi charger is in the dumbest spot and takes up so much space in the compartment.
- No 12V outlet for front of the car? (I for the life of me can't find it if there is one)
- The UI, it's great that it's now a touchscreen (something I absolutely loathe about the 2013 GS we have in the family), but the UI itself wasn't update to accommodate this new feature. Icons are way too small and out of reach.
- Rear camera quality, it's no better than the one I had in my TLX, which is a 7yr old car. (This must be a Japanese thing because Acura uses the same crappy cameras in their Honda lineup too).
- Lane Keep Assist doesn't work unless cruise control is on. I don't like this at all, my TLX allowed LKAS to be on without CC and although it's not necessary, it did make drives easier.

Overall, the first 100 miles. I love this car. It's extremely comfortable, quiet, looks amazing, drives great, AND it gets me mpg I never even came close to seeing my TLX. Even just two years ago I would've never considered a hybrid, now I'm wondering why I didn't make the switch sooner. However, I'm glad I waited, because this F sport trim hits all the checkboxes for me pretty much.
No memory seats? Odd - mine has three memory positions but I didn't think that was an option. There's a 12V in the console.
Old 05-27-22, 06:01 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Originally Posted by mikemu30
No memory seats? Odd - mine has three memory positions but I didn't think that was an option. There's a 12V in the console.
Nope, wasn't an option for the F Sport trim, and neither was the ML sound system which was a huge bummer.

Is the 12V located under the Qi charger? That dumb charger just takes up valuable space for me...
Old 05-27-22, 06:14 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

Nope, wasn't an option for the F Sport trim, and neither was the ML sound system which was a huge bummer.

Is the 12V located under the Qi charger? That dumb charger just takes up valuable space for me...
I guess that's all unique to the hybrid. I have the ML system as well. No quick charger though - the 12V is on the front wall of the console.
Old 05-27-22, 08:14 PM
Dallas250
Intermediate

Received 101 Likes on 73 Posts

That has to be a hybrid thing because my 2022 ES350 F Sport has three memory positions for the seats and had the option for the ML system. I wanted the Mark Livingston sound system but the dealer did not have one coming in F sport trim. I do find that using Spotify and adjusting the equalizer within Spotify really helps with the audio quality of the standard premium system. So much so that I don’t believe I will be adding a subwoofer to this car.

Quick Reply: Picked up a 2022 ES 300h F sport