ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Picked up a 2022 ES 300h F sport

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-22, 08:15 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 475 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
I guess that's all unique to the hybrid. I have the ML system as well. No quick charger though - the 12V is on the front wall of the console.
Found the 12V outlet. It's so dark in there couldn't see the cover tab hah.
The following users liked this post:
mikemu30 (05-28-22)
Old 05-27-22, 08:15 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dallas250
That has to be a hybrid thing because my 2022 ES350 F Sport has three memory positions for the seats and had the option for the ML system. I wanted the Mark Livingston sound system but the dealer did not have one coming in F sport trim. I do find that using Spotify and adjusting the equalizer within Spotify really helps with the audio quality of the standard premium system. So much so that I don’t believe I will be adding a subwoofer to this car.
Hmm never messed with the equalizer in Spotify. Maybe I'll give that a shot

Edit:
Wow that made a pretty noticeable difference. Definitely sounding better now.

Last edited by dezymond; 05-27-22 at 08:48 PM.
Old 05-28-22, 09:34 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 719 Likes on 526 Posts

That has to be a hybrid thing because my 2022 ES350 F Sport has three memory positions for the seats and had the option for the ML system. I wanted the Mark Livingston sound system but the dealer did not have one coming in F sport trim.
It isn't specifically a "hybrid thing" as my hybrid has memory seats but it could be a feature of this unique trim - a hybrid F Sport. Same thing with Mark Levinson. I wonder if these options were cut from one or more trims this year due to the "chip" shortage? Pure speculation of course.
Old 05-28-22, 09:41 AM
dezymond
Instructor

Originally Posted by TechNut
It isn't specifically a "hybrid thing" as my hybrid has memory seats but it could be a feature of this unique trim - a hybrid F Sport. Same thing with Mark Levinson. I wonder if these options were cut from one or more trims this year due to the "chip" shortage? Pure speculation of course.
I believe so. Early reports of the options sheet for the F Sport trim showed the ML package available. However all review units to the media did not have the ML package. Quite disappointing but oh well.
Old 05-28-22, 11:55 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

No memory seats/steering wheel etc would be a non starter for me.
Old 05-28-22, 07:35 PM
Dallas250
Intermediate

Received 101 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by dezymond
I believe so. Early reports of the options sheet for the F Sport trim showed the ML package available. However all review units to the media did not have the ML package. Quite disappointing but oh well.
I find that odd because my F sport 350 has the memory seats, ventilated and cooled seats and heated steering wheel. I purchased the car Thanksgiving weekend 2021 so it would’ve been right in the middle of the chip shortage and I still received these options
Old 05-28-22, 08:03 PM
dezymond
Instructor

I find that odd because my F sport 350 has the memory seats, ventilated and cooled seats and heated steering wheel. I purchased the car Thanksgiving weekend 2021 so it would’ve been right in the middle of the chip shortage and I still received these options
Mine is a 300h F sport though, so maybe that's why there's the difference? Lexus very weird with options and trims. Then again manufacturers don't have much of a choice, I just found out BMW doesn't offer power seats in their 430i now, but they knock off $1k off MSRP because of it. So seems everyone is at the mercy of this chip shortage.

Mine has the ventilated and heated seats, as well as the heated steering wheel and rapid de-icer.

Even if yours was in the middle of the chip shortage, maybe Lexus still had enough chips to go around at the time during that production run? I just find it weird that in August 2021, when the specs sheets were coming out for the 300h F Sport that ML was an option, but I can't recall seeing memory seats. The only official paper I saw with the supposed options was in a YouTube video where the guy showed the potential specs sheet.

Last edited by dezymond; 05-28-22 at 08:24 PM.
Dallas250 (05-29-22)
Old 05-30-22, 06:39 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Took it on a short beach trip today which was the longest drive since taking delivery. I am amazed at how comfortable this car is. Everything about it is quiet, smooth, and so refined. Even my friends who were along with me were impressed with the ride quality. Both said seat comfort was amazing, and even with my 85lb NBA tall Golden Retriever in the back with one of them was very comfortable still. The way the car handles the twisty roads is also amazing, it just felt very planted and the steering input was overall pretty responsive. It just feels like it could carve up the backroads very well but still remain extremely comfortable. Not to mention the F Sport seats hold you in fairly well with the extra bolstering.

I used ACC for the trip to the beach and noticed that EV mode never really kicked in. Also ACC on this car is amazing, especially compared to my old 2015 TLX which didn't really inspire confidence. It was all jerky, hesitant, and I constantly had my foot over the brake or the gas. In this, I felt confident and the smooth transmission, my friends didn't even notice I was using ACC. On the way home I did not use ACC and noticed I could get the car to be in EV mode for a good chunk of the trip back.

So far, I am extremely happy with this purchase and my choice. The ride is just so serene and refined. My old TLX was a comfy car, but this just takes it to a whole new level which is greatly appreciated. I'm not quite seeing 44mpg, but being around 38mpg is plenty compared to my old ride. I am looking forward to many many more miles in this car.

This car is also teaching me to have a calmer foot on the pedal. I have a light foot anyway, but it's kind of a fun challenge to get EV mode to engage more at higher speeds on expressways and highways. Also, there is still plenty of passing power on the highway for this car.
LexFinally (06-01-22)
Old 05-31-22, 08:06 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 719 Likes on 526 Posts

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new ride. These are nice cars, really terrific when you consider the price point.
Old 05-31-22, 04:03 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 866 Likes on 653 Posts

As we get into the warmer months let me repost a HVAC trick. When the HVAC is set to "Auto" in the
winter it directs air flow to the floor, warm air rises, right? When in Auto in the summer it directs air to
the upper dash vents. The ventilated seats however pick up the floor air to percolate up through seats...
Simply tap the HVAC "mode" button once to change from the default dash only to dash and floor.
You will instantly feel cool air on your feet and shortly thereafter...on your seat.
Old 05-31-22, 05:36 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Originally Posted by mcomer
As we get into the warmer months let me repost a HVAC trick. When the HVAC is set to "Auto" in the
winter it directs air flow to the floor, warm air rises, right? When in Auto in the summer it directs air to
the upper dash vents. The ventilated seats however pick up the floor air to percolate up through seats...
Simply tap the HVAC "mode" button once to change from the default dash only to dash and floor.
You will instantly feel cool air on your feet and shortly thereafter...on your seat.
Hmm I haven't tried putting the HVAC in Auto yet (we've had pretty consistent cool weather). I'll have to try it out, though that's a feature I never used in my previous car. Maybe Lexus does it better, as it should as it's a car that's 7yrs newer...
Old 05-31-22, 05:44 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mcomer
My ventilated seats work well in regular auto mode. Pretty sure the air is actually sucked through the seat surfaces and not from the floor. Try placing a tissue on the seat to see what I mean.
Old 06-01-22, 07:16 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 529 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
My ventilated seats work well in regular auto mode. Pretty sure the air is actually sucked through the seat surfaces and not from the floor. Try placing a tissue on the seat to see what I mean.
That is correct. The air is sucked or pulled through the perforations versus being pushed out.

The following 2 users liked this post by UltraLux22:
dklanecky1 (06-02-22), mikemu30 (06-01-22)
Old 06-01-22, 02:16 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Interesting how the ventilated seats work. All I know is that it works far better than what I had in my Acura, which I believe pulled air from beneath the seat to blow/exhaust it from the seats. This intake ventilation seems to work far better.
Old 06-01-22, 03:12 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dezymond
Interesting how the ventilated seats work. All I know is that it works far better than what I had in my Acura, which I believe pulled air from beneath the seat to blow/exhaust it from the seats. This intake ventilation seems to work far better.
they did a good job with the ventilated seats in this model. They're not nearly as good in my wife's 17 RX.