ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Picked up a 2022 ES 300h F sport

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-22, 02:57 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 475 Likes on 296 Posts
Default Picked up a 2022 ES 300h F sport

Welp the day has finally arrived, my car was delivered. Ok well it was delivered Tuesday, but I couldn't make it out there until today. Got a crazy good deal on it and it was an allocated unit that was intercepted by my contact over at this dealership. I didn't think I'd secure a new 300h this quickly, but here it is. The 34 mile drive home was smooth as silk. Really happy with this car, but have some things to figure out with it. The vehicle is extremely dirty as I didn't ask them to wash it, but man is the color stunning. Once I get it cleaned up a little later today and ceramic coated, man this blue is going to absolutely pop.
Attached Thumbnails Picked up a 2022 ES  300h F sport-20220520_102722.jpg  
The following 6 users liked this post by dezymond:
AndrewLWSN (05-23-22), ATL350 (05-21-22), E46CT (05-20-22), GS350Miami (05-21-22), stevewise (05-25-22), UltraLux22 (05-20-22) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-20-22, 02:59 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,175 Likes on 1,633 Posts

Looks great! FUEL SIPPING BEAST! Despite my hate for the 19" black wheels, this would be my ESh of choice if I got another. Only cause of the Blue paint which I'm a massive fan of.. I used to have a USB CT200h F Sport and i loved that car to death.

They didn't have the Hybrid F Sport in 2021 when I got mine. With triple beams too! Jealous! Is the interior black or red? post some more pics. Also can you show us the engine? I want to see how the engine cover looks on the F Sport hybrid.
Old 05-20-22, 03:10 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Originally Posted by E46CT
Looks great! FUEL SIPPING BEAST! Despite my hate for the 19" black wheels, this would be my ESh of choice if I got another. Only cause of the Blue paint which I'm a massive fan of.. I used to have a USB CT200h F Sport and i loved that car to death.

They didn't have the Hybrid F Sport in 2021 when I got mine. With triple beams too! Jealous! Is the interior black or red? post some more pics. Also can you show us the engine? I want to see how the engine cover looks on the F Sport hybrid.
Got the black interior. I wasn't a fan of the red for this year, I think previous models implemented red better.

I will definitely post more pictures when it's cleaned up, which my plan is later this evening once it's cooled down, the sun is brutal. So getting it tinted on Tuesday.

I'm actually impressed on how well it does on the freeway. I don't feel short on power at all (but I have a light foot anyway). Had a good bit of traffic on some parts on the way home, so I think I got the full feel of the car on what my commute can sometimes be like. I'm also impressed by the handling, it feels so planted. Steering is a bit numb, but any car that isn't a sports car is at this point. It responds really well. And my goodness at how smooth it is in traffic. The only thing I can make smoother is my braking, hybrid braking has this weird spot near stopping so that'll take some time.

One other thing I noticed is my Android Auto disconnected a few times during the drive home, quite annoying. However, I'll try an OEM Samsung cable instead of a 3rd party, see if that helps. (I think it's a poor move by Lexus they didn't implemented wireless).
Old 05-20-22, 03:38 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,175 Likes on 1,633 Posts

Ya if i'm not mistaken the new highlander and new tundra gets wireless acp. a shame we missed that boat. every new car i get i always swear yep this has all the tech i need then there's that one thing missing that bugs me.

The ESh has really satisfying power. no waiting for gears to shift and the electric motor helps. It's nice for "when you need it" on demand power, but lesser in hold your foot to the floor and wait for a long time to see what MPH you an reach kind of power. if that makes sense.

i'd rather have the former tbh.

40+ mpg is just icing on that cake.
Old 05-20-22, 03:51 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Originally Posted by E46CT
Ya if i'm not mistaken the new highlander and new tundra gets wireless acp. a shame we missed that boat. every new car i get i always swear yep this has all the tech i need then there's that one thing missing that bugs me.

The ESh has really satisfying power. no waiting for gears to shift and the electric motor helps. It's nice for "when you need it" on demand power, but lesser in hold your foot to the floor and wait for a long time to see what MPH you an reach kind of power. if that makes sense.

i'd rather have the former tbh.

40+ mpg is just icing on that cake.
Yeah the instant power is nice and no laggy transmission, I had the ZF9 transmission and it was slow to get into gear or find the right gear. I also like the fact that it's not overwhelming torque like an EV, it's all very smooth and gradual which to me is nice adequate power. I try to be relaxed when driving anyway, and this car just makes it a more serene experience. 45 miles and so far very happy.

I'm curious as to how much longer a tank of gas will last me with this car, though there is about a 4 gallon difference in capacity. Should go much much further with this though. Coming from an average of 26mpg on Premium (Costco is a penny shy of $6/gal here).

Last edited by dezymond; 05-20-22 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-20-22, 06:01 PM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 1,013 Likes on 760 Posts

Congrats. Enjoy it.
Old 05-20-22, 06:25 PM
mattsrs
Pit Crew

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by dezymond
Got the black interior. I wasn't a fan of the red for this year, I think previous models implemented red better.

I will definitely post more pictures when it's cleaned up, which my plan is later this evening once it's cooled down, the sun is brutal. So getting it tinted on Tuesday.

I'm actually impressed on how well it does on the freeway. I don't feel short on power at all (but I have a light foot anyway). Had a good bit of traffic on some parts on the way home, so I think I got the full feel of the car on what my commute can sometimes be like. I'm also impressed by the handling, it feels so planted. Steering is a bit numb, but any car that isn't a sports car is at this point. It responds really well. And my goodness at how smooth it is in traffic. The only thing I can make smoother is my braking, hybrid braking has this weird spot near stopping so that'll take some time.

One other thing I noticed is my Android Auto disconnected a few times during the drive home, quite annoying. However, I'll try an OEM Samsung cable instead of a 3rd party, see if that helps. (I think it's a poor move by Lexus they didn't implemented wireless).
I had the same problem with AA and the issue was my cable. For whatever reason in Lexus, the usb port is so sensitive to smallest shaking of the cable and disconnects
Old 05-20-22, 07:11 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 529 Likes on 366 Posts

Congrats!
You’ve gotta love that feeling of finally driving your new baby home! At least you had a pretty smooth experience with the process. Most people can’t say that!!

Did you end up with any rebates/incentives?

Look forward to seeing it after you’ve finished. To be honest, I had never really given much consideration to waxing or using ceramic coatings. Just wash consistently and go. After joining the forum and seeing the end results of those using that treatment, I think it might be time. I really don’t know much about it but my big concern is where I live. Pollen and birds like leaving their “mark” frequently throughout the week. I don’t wanna feel like I wasted that time and effort to then go out one morning and BAM!, pollen and bird *****. How is that treatment affected by the elements? Other than being visually appealing, which of course is the most important thing, does ceramic treatment offer any protection?

But enough about that. Congrats again and enjoy!
Old 05-20-22, 10:16 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Originally Posted by UltraLux22
Congrats!
You’ve gotta love that feeling of finally driving your new baby home! At least you had a pretty smooth experience with the process. Most people can’t say that!!

Did you end up with any rebates/incentives?

Look forward to seeing it after you’ve finished. To be honest, I had never really given much consideration to waxing or using ceramic coatings. Just wash consistently and go. After joining the forum and seeing the end results of those using that treatment, I think it might be time. I really don’t know much about it but my big concern is where I live. Pollen and birds like leaving their “mark” frequently throughout the week. I don’t wanna feel like I wasted that time and effort to then go out one morning and BAM!, pollen and bird *****. How is that treatment affected by the elements? Other than being visually appealing, which of course is the most important thing, does ceramic treatment offer any protection?

But enough about that. Congrats again and enjoy!
Thanks! No rebates or anything unfortunately, but still a crazy good deal I got so I'm happy. Overall I was ready to spend a little more so I'm happy I ended up saving a good chunk of money.

Quality consumer grade coatings typically last 2-4yrs depending on the elements of course. What do you use for washing your car? If you go through those machine wash places and especially touchless wash, a coating won't last long. They use very powerful detergents and it'll break down coatings within a few trips, wax within one trip.

I do a bit of detailing on the side and everyone I've helped apply the coating is very happy. DM if you got more questions.

Just went for a night drive and it was extremely relaxing, especially after a long day. Looking forward to many more miles in this car. I'll get some day shots tomorrow and then post some pics. This blue is stunning. I'm so happy I went for something other than white, grey, or black.

Last edited by dezymond; 05-20-22 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-21-22, 06:34 AM
DMATHUR
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks! No rebates or anything unfortunately, but still a crazy good deal I got so I'm happy. Overall I was ready to spend a little more so I'm happy I ended up saving a good chunk of money.

Quality consumer grade coatings typically last 2-4yrs depending on the elements of course. What do you use for washing your car? If you go through those machine wash places and especially touchless wash, a coating won't last long. They use very powerful detergents and it'll break down coatings within a few trips, wax within one trip.

I do a bit of detailing on the side and everyone I've helped apply the coating is very happy. DM if you got more questions.

Just went for a night drive and it was extremely relaxing, especially after a long day. Looking forward to many more miles in this car. I'll get some day shots tomorrow and then post some pics. This blue is stunning. I'm so happy I went for something other than white, grey, or black.
no incentives but still a gr8 deal?
Old 05-21-22, 06:36 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 577 Likes on 408 Posts

Congrats! Is a beauty! I wish we could buy that in Canada. Lexus Canada doesn't think ESh buyers are Young or Yonge at heart to buy a F Sport version of ESh.

Enjoy it!
The following users liked this post:
LS500Fan (05-21-22)
Old 05-21-22, 07:27 AM
dezymond
Instructor

Originally Posted by DMATHUR
no incentives but still a gr8 deal?
Ok no rebates, but I still got it under MSRP.

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
Congrats! Is a beauty! I wish we could buy that in Canada. Lexus Canada doesn't think ESh buyers are Young or Yonge at heart to buy a F Sport version of ESh.

Enjoy it!
Interesting, I thought Canada would get it. Canada usually gets such well optioned out cars, especially from Japanese manufacturers. Though maybe that's a Honda/Acura thing.
DMATHUR (05-21-22)
Old 05-21-22, 08:10 AM
LS500Fan
Instructor

Received 520 Likes on 319 Posts

We have extremely limited choice with the ES in Canada. No F sport hybrid, no individual options. Very few color choices with different packages etc. I got beige paint on my car because I had to have hybrid and the peanut butter color interior. I was then left with very few color choices and didn’t want black or white exterior. No option for red or blue which I’d rather have. I’m very disappointed with the lack of choice when ordering, compared to the US site. They come out of the same factory for Pete’s sake.
Old 05-21-22, 08:54 AM
dezymond
Instructor

Are the interior dimensions the same as the 2019-2021?

I want to get a set of new all weather mats for the rear of my car. The exposed hump with the carpet presents a problem as my dog likes to stand on there.
Old 05-21-22, 11:26 AM
grp52
Instructor

Received 536 Likes on 375 Posts

Are the interior dimensions the same as the 2019-2021?

I want to get a set of new all weather mats for the rear of my car. The exposed hump with the carpet presents a problem as my dog likes to stand on there.
WeatherTech's 2022 Lexus ES FloorLiner might be worth exploring. The 2nd row/backseat liner is a continuous one piece including coverage for the hump. I wouldn't buy it without clarifying the 2nd row liner hump geometry since the graphic shown on that web page looks like they got the hump geometry reversed.

For some custom fit items WeatherTech subcontracts out the item to a specialty manufacturing company so there's possibly other sources and options to be found with the "right" internet search. (I did find other companies offering one piece 2nd row custom fit all weather liners but when it came to specifying the exact vehicle I couldn't find a match in any of 2019-2022 ESxxxx vehicle types.)
dezymond (05-21-22)

Quick Reply: Picked up a 2022 ES 300h F sport