ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Might be back in the Lexus fold...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-22, 03:18 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Exclamation Might be back in the Lexus fold...

Hello fellow Lexus members!.....very long time since I have been here & it is awesome to be back!

I am considering a 2019 Lexus ES 350 with the 'Ultra Luxury' package....with only 35,000 Km's (21,700 miles); one owner with service history (non Lexus CPO). But still has 1 full year of bumper to bumper warranty, pluse the balance of the powertrain warranty.

I am going to the dealer tomorrow (about an hour out of town) to inspect & test drive the vehicle with my better half.

I have some questions for those who own this model...

What should I be paying very close attention to (I have read that there are possibly issues with the 8 speed automatic...is there anything else I should have my eyes peeled for?

Speaking of the 8-speed automatic specifically, can anyone confirm if this tranny has a transmission filter when performing a transmission fluid change? If so, how difficult is it to replace the filter when performing this service? IE: does the transmission have to be taken apart to access the filter?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you everyone!
Old 05-23-22, 03:26 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 943 Likes on 593 Posts

These cars are pretty reliable. The two pain points for many are a front-biased stereo (set it two clicks toward the back with Surround: Off, and you'll hear it as good as it gets), and the infotainment touchpad, which has a lot of non-fans (many of whom aren't on this board).

Overall, here's a starting point. You'll find "Common Problems" at the 16:04 mark.

Old 05-23-22, 03:48 PM
Taharalove
Rookie

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I agree with LexFinally, you are looking at a car that is reliable and won't give you problems, at least historically.

Not sure if you are looking for potential pain points with the generation in particular (like the stereo - there is a TSB open for it, check this page: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...-system-7.html)

Outside of potential pain points,

1. Check to ensure the front parking assist camera lens is free of cracks, otherwise the picture via the in-car monitor is quite blurry. Isn't cheap to replace either (about 700 for the part itself)
2. Be weary of Ultra Luxury. Dealers will say that a particular ES is UL and it ends up not being so. Look for certain features like adjustable thigh support for the driver's seat, manual rear sunshades for the door, kick sensor for the trunk, etc. Now, I see that you are located in Canada so features might be different but here is the MY 19 brochure to see what options should come with the car: https://www.lexus.com/content/dam/le...d-Brochure.pdf . Might not line up perfectly with Canada spec but should serve as a decent proxy.
3. Other things I looked at when I purchased mine: ventilated and heated seat functionality, blind spot monitoring system, air conditioner compressor noise, oil level, weird noises during idle, scuffs underneath the front bumper, any kind of mis-alignment with the steering wheel on a flat road, curbed wheels, condition of rubber seals and paint. If the car hasn't been washed or detailed, look for soot near the exhaust pipes. I know the car you are looking at has low miles but I have seen cars that have low miles but come to find out were ridden hard and have tell-tale signs like exhaust soot. Also look at service records for the car. There's a bunch more stuff I checked when I bought mine but those checks I mentioned should get you started

The following users liked this post:
july1988 (05-24-22)