ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Chrome delete gone terribly wrong!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-22, 05:54 AM
LexusJoey
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Dallas250
Keep in mind I paid a professional to do the chrome delete on my car yesterday. The company has several locations with a corporate office in another city. The chrome delete job looks horrible they scratched my car and four different places with the knife that they used to cut the vinyl and they even cut the weatherstripping on the back driver side window. I had paid a deposit of $330 and was supposed to pay the remainder when I pick the car up but I refuse to pay and told them I wanted to speak with a manager higher up then who was on staff. In total the chrome delete was $667 and for that price I expect a professional job with no bubbles no creases and to look almost factory. Instead I got a horrible job with bubbles and creases and now new scratches they were not even on the car when I dropped it off. My car is a 2022 ES 350 F sport with 3500 miles on it and his garage kept so to say it is in immaculate condition would not be a stretch whatsoever. Take a look at these pictures and tell me what you think and if I’m being overcritical. I hope this link works for pictures are too large so I create an iCloud link

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0dcs...t50zynJFUViDsw

What's the latest update?
Old 07-07-22, 10:31 AM
Dallas250
Intermediate

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusJoey
What's the latest update?
Sorry for the delay.. They paid me $1200 for the damages and refunded my money. They offered to have someone color sand and buff the scratches but at this point I figured that could end worse than where I’m at.. I will use there money to go towards the new Rohana Wheels In silver to tie in the chrome trim.
Old 07-07-22, 12:41 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 927 Likes on 581 Posts

Sorry for the delay.. They paid me $1200 for the damages and refunded my money. They offered to have someone color sand and buff the scratches but at this point I figured that could end worse than where I’m at.. I will use there money to go towards the new Rohana Wheels In silver to tie in the chrome trim.
Good! I wouldn't leave the scratches, though. Go to an actual professional and get them fixed before you spend the cost as mad money.
Old 07-10-22, 08:05 PM
FreddyG
Intermediate

Received 95 Likes on 68 Posts

at this point I’m done with the chrome trim and I’m gonna get some wheels to match the trim, maybe OEM Lexus wheels or a nice aftermarket wheel. something like this example really pops with the chrome trim.

That ES is Sharp! I Really like those wheels too because they add a nice contrast with the blue! I also agree that I'm not a fan of the black wheel craze. They just look dirty all of the time and I think that it's kind of all played out now. Just my opinion though.

Sorry that you had to go through all of that! Even if they give you money back, it still hurts when they mess up your car!

Would you Please post pictures when you get the Rohana's on, if you don't mind.

Last edited by FreddyG; 07-10-22 at 08:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Dallas250 (07-11-22)
Old 07-10-22, 08:23 PM
FreddyG
Intermediate

It does look good with the trim blacked out though too:

Dallas250 (07-11-22)
Old 07-18-22, 10:08 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,155 Likes on 1,619 Posts

honestly it looks better chrome. the car is large, long, slab sided, so the trim gives the car structure and adds visual balance. highlights the angles towards the back at the 1/4 window.

on smaller cars, i don't mind a blackout trim. i think on bigger cars you need it to pop whether chrome or dark chrome.
Old 07-18-22, 10:48 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
honestly it looks better chrome. the car is large, long, slab sided, so the trim gives the car structure and adds visual balance. highlights the angles towards the back at the 1/4 window.

on smaller cars, i don't mind a blackout trim. i think on bigger cars you need it to pop whether chrome or dark chrome.
Personal preference but I agree the oem chrome looks better (to me) in this case. In general, I'm just not a fan of after market mods. Again just my personal preference.
E46CT (07-18-22)
Old 07-19-22, 08:39 AM
FreddyG
Intermediate

I'd usually like the chrome on certain cars but I think that having the chrome blacked out makes the wheels pop better and those are some Beautiful looking wheels!

Now, I'm glad that the wheels aren't black because I believe that the black wheel thing is played out! Who wants to spend money on a nice set of wheels and then paint or powdercoat them black and hide the features of them that make them unique?

I prefer the gunmetal or especially the hyper black (like the Dodge SRT Challenger's have), which is kind of like a blackish, brown toned tinted color, which looks Fantastic to me! It's a tinted paint or powdercoat. This color:

I'm Sorry for the hi-jack and change of topic. I sometimes get carried away.
Old 07-19-22, 09:13 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Originally Posted by FreddyG
I'd usually like the chrome on certain cars but I think that having the chrome blacked out makes the wheels pop better and those are some Beautiful looking wheels!

Now, I'm glad that the wheels aren't black because I believe that the black wheel thing is played out! Who wants to spend money on a nice set of wheels and then paint or powdercoat them black and hide the features of them that make them unique?

I prefer the gunmetal or especially the hyper black (like the Dodge SRT Challenger's have), which is kind of like a blackish, brown toned tinted color, which looks Fantastic to me! It's a tinted paint or powdercoat. This color:

I'm Sorry for the hi-jack and change of topic. I sometimes get carried away.
I still prefer the FSport graphite 19" wheels for the ES.