ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Seat is way too high and uncomfortable

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-22, 11:21 PM
Maicoman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat is way too high and uncomfortable

Just purchased a 2022 ES-350 after 2 years of studying.I must have test drove the Ultra Luxury 2020 ES-350 because when I needed a new car the pandemic resulted in no Luxury or Ultra Luxury.My major gripe is the fact that when Lexus installed the touch screen center info system,they altered the height of the seat so more people could reach.I dont believe they did any research on the design because I am having to get rid of the car due to this problem.Never in my life have I driven such a blunder.The car is beautiful the seat is worse than a 60s VW.Do not buy this car if you are 6 foot or taller,it will cripple you.
Old 06-24-22, 04:52 AM
jfz219
Pit Crew

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

These seats have a lot of adjustments to accommodate most passenger sizes. In your car, the three memory settings may be programmed for a short driver. On rare occasions, the full range of motion may have to be reset. A reset usually can be done by raising the seat all the way up (stand outside of the car), followed by lowering the seat fully.

If reprogramming the three memory buttons or the above ROM reset does not help, your Lexus service rep will put you back in love with your ES350.
The following 2 users liked this post by jfz219:
FreddyG (12-26-23), LexFinally (06-24-22)
Old 06-24-22, 05:16 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Maicoman
Just purchased a 2022 ES-350 after 2 years of studying.I must have test drove the Ultra Luxury 2020 ES-350 because when I needed a new car the pandemic resulted in no Luxury or Ultra Luxury.My major gripe is the fact that when Lexus installed the touch screen center info system,they altered the height of the seat so more people could reach.I dont believe they did any research on the design because I am having to get rid of the car due to this problem.Never in my life have I driven such a blunder.The car is beautiful the seat is worse than a 60s VW.Do not buy this car if you are 6 foot or taller,it will cripple you.
Well one positive note is that your '22 should have held its value very well with the current climate. What are you considering? Be sure to thoroughly check out the driver's seat.
The following users liked this post:
Kbains71 (07-03-23)
Old 06-24-22, 06:39 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,790 Posts

I find it hard to believe there's no position you can get comfortable in but sorry if that's the case.
ATL350 (06-25-22)
Old 06-24-22, 06:49 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 849 Likes on 642 Posts

What year and model of car did you previous drive?
Old 06-24-22, 08:31 AM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 467 Likes on 289 Posts

I find the seats to be extremely comfortable and highly adjustable in my F sport and that's with the supposed "uncomfortable" seats. It could be a bit of a project but you may be able to possibly secure some UL trim seats and replace your current seats with them. I have heard of previous models being direct plug n play.
Old 06-24-22, 08:54 AM
Maicoman
Driver School Candidate

I would love to sit in a Ultra Luxury to check those seats.As many know they are far and few between.Buying a complete seat from a UL I would do but they rarely do these moves and I bet the price would be over 5K.I would pay 5K if the seats are better in a heart beat.I sat in a BMW 3 seris yesterday and they at least are comfortable.At 76K for the M340 it is a tad steep of a price.I still have my 2003 Avalon so today I will move it to the number one garage.If I cant find a solution to seat it will be sold.2022 es 350 1000 miles mint with horrendous seats !
Old 06-24-22, 08:57 AM
Maicoman
Driver School Candidate

Is your F Sport a 2022 model and or you 6 foot tall or taller.
Old 06-24-22, 08:59 AM
Maicoman
Driver School Candidate

Bmw M340 iif I can find one.
Old 06-24-22, 09:00 AM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

I would love to sit in a Ultra Luxury to check those seats.As many know they are far and few between.Buying a complete seat from a UL I would do but they rarely do these moves and I bet the price would be over 5K.I would pay 5K if the seats are better in a heart beat.I sat in a BMW 3 seris yesterday and they at least are comfortable.At 76K for the M340 it is a tad steep of a price.I still have my 2003 Avalon so today I will move it to the number one garage.If I cant find a solution to seat it will be sold.2022 es 350 1000 miles mint with horrendous seats !
That’s one of the reasons why I purchased the Ultra Luxury model. The seats in the UL are night and day when you compare them with the seats in the regular ES350 Premium model. The seats in the Ultra Luxury are very comfortable.
AllinCLE (07-19-22)
Old 06-24-22, 09:52 AM
LS500Fan
Instructor

Received 520 Likes on 319 Posts

I find the seat cushion in my '22 ESh UL to be too firm for my liking. For being "ultra luxury" the cushion should be a lot more plush. UL is just a marketing term anyway, what with no heated rear seats, etc. You can buy Kias that are better equipped.

I was not aware of any seat height difference, I had a 2020 ESh UL as a loaner a year ago but it was too long ago to compare to my '22. I feel I do need to sit higher than expected in order to "flatten" the bottom cushion out a bit. Is there really a seat height difference for the new touchscreen cars??
aypues (07-11-22)
Old 06-24-22, 11:13 AM
Maicoman
Driver School Candidate

Thank you GlamGlam for notifying me of the fact of the different seats.I test drove the car initially in 2020 and Im sure they use the Ultra.When I test drove purchased the 2022 vehicle my idiot Brother in law came with me on the test ride.I tried to shorten it just to silence his blather.The salesperson didnt even know how many speeds were in the transmission.When they can get an Ultra in New Jersey I will go sit in it and that may save my car ,otherwise its in my backup garage and wont be driven.Lexus and other car companies do not mention different seat heights due to touch screens especially when they just throw it on.Lexus is slipping,dealers have fallen down years ago.If the seat is better the Service Department will think changing seats is brain surgery,Ill definitely have to do it myself.Strange World we live in.Thanks again GlamGlam you must be a motorcyclist like me.
Old 06-24-22, 12:36 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 467 Likes on 289 Posts

Is your F Sport a 2022 model and or you 6 foot tall or taller.
It's a 2022 and I am 6ft tall with skinny build. I find them to be very comfortable
Old 06-24-22, 04:45 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 927 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by jfz219
These seats have a lot of adjustments to accommodate most passenger sizes. In your car, the three memory settings may be programmed for a short driver. On rare occasions, the full range of motion may have to be reset. A reset usually can be done by raising the seat all the way up (stand outside of the car), followed by lowering the seat fully.

If reprogramming the three memory buttons or the above ROM reset does not help, your Lexus service rep will put you back in love with your ES350.
I remember reading that there's some way a dealer can reconfigure the driver's seat range of motion for very short drivers, which makes me wonder if this was somehow inadvertently done to yours. I can tell you that my car, a '22 UL, was delivered with memory seats that had no memory at all, and the dealer was easily able to fix it, so it's certainly possible to have programming issues with them.

While I have a UL, I am skeptical of the idea that the Premium/Base seats can't be adjusted to a correct position for six-foot drivers. That's near the 60th percentile of male driver size, and most mainstream cars are always engineered to accommodate that very popular sliver of the driving/buying public and most people whose size is on either side of it. At 6' 2", I sat in a car in the showroom with that seat and fit just fine. It makes me think something is amiss with your particular example.
Old 06-24-22, 05:23 PM
Maicoman
Driver School Candidate

Thanks LexFinally I will try to inquire about adjusting the seat.It is very concerning that a procedure can be done yet most Service managers will not get out of their seat at the desk.At my Dealer they even have runners to relay messages or questions to the Managers.

Quick Reply: Seat is way too high and uncomfortable