ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Android Auto attachment

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-22, 10:32 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,300 Likes on 905 Posts
Default Android Auto attachment

For those of you that wanted Android Auto in your 2019 ES cars but Lexus screwed you, I saw this advertisement in my latest Car and Driver issue. $349.00 and one wire or wireless for $50.00 more. I don't know how this compares to other units but looked pretty good to me although I'm not interested in AA in my car.

Amazon Amazon
Old 06-25-22, 11:25 AM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 474 Likes on 296 Posts

That's pretty cool unit. Didn't know that existed.
Old 06-25-22, 06:04 PM
obeySiam
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think i might of found a solution for 2019 Lexus ES android auto problem.

I found this product Amazon. It's used the CarPlay single to project android auto to the head unit. I just ordered it for 2019 ES. It's coming next Monday. Let it if it can fix this 2019 ES android auto problem.
Old 06-27-22, 06:12 AM
LexusJoey
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm confused. How is this different than just using the factory radio for texts / calls, and just mount your phone for everything else?
Old 06-27-22, 06:01 PM
babaijebu
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusJoey
I'm confused. How is this different than just using the factory radio for texts / calls, and just mount your phone for everything else?
I don't understand this either. I rather use my phone or use a cheap iphone before I use this. This is just inviting people to break into your car too.
Old 06-27-22, 06:47 PM
Gitujoe
6th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been using it for a year and it works fine!
I got this
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256...apt=4itemAdapt . There are other models on there too.

It uses the Car play interface to 'project' Android Auto. A little finnicky without the touchscreen but I got the remote to get around it.
Old 06-28-22, 11:14 AM
LexusJoey
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Gitujoe
I have been using it for a year and it works fine!
I got this
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256...apt=4itemAdapt . There are other models on there too.

It uses the Car play interface to 'project' Android Auto. A little finnicky without the touchscreen but I got the remote to get around it.
I'm interested but so many questions. How does this work? Can you send me a photo? Does it run stable? How finicky is finicky?
So you ultimately, you have android auto running on your 2019 ES350? Can you do Netflix and YouTube? Does it run android off the device?
Old 06-30-22, 11:24 AM
Gitujoe
6th Gear

Let me get some photos for you.
I just saw this offer online. I think this will do it too

https://www.dealnews.com/products/Pr...ox/287894.html
The following users liked this post:
peteharvey (06-30-22)
Old 06-30-22, 11:36 AM
Gitujoe
6th Gear

Originally Posted by LexusJoey
I'm interested but so many questions. How does this work? Can you send me a photo? Does it run stable? How finicky is finicky?
So you ultimately, you have android auto running on your 2019 ES350? Can you do Netflix and YouTube? Does it run android off the device?
here are some images. Sorry about the dusty console. !

Last edited by Gitujoe; 06-30-22 at 11:46 AM. Reason: added context
Old 07-02-22, 04:09 PM
fallyn
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a dongle called Ottocast U2-X.

It connects to my 2019 ES over wired CarPlay but provides wireless CarPlay and wireless Android Auto, which of course is why I wanted it. It works pretty well, especially if you use voice to talk to it (hold the voice button). Biggest downside is screen navigation; it doesn't support the Lexus touchpad correctly and you have to flick a selection box around using the touchpad like arrow keys: one flick per movement. That part isn't great.

Amazon Amazon

I bought a 1m AMLE-V8RI low profile cable from aliexpress for it (used with a microusb-to-usbc adapter) and drop it in the console box. I can close the cup holder door and the cable just squeaks through.

BTW, can anybody explain what the secret tiny door just below the usb ports is for and how to open it?
Old 07-03-22, 09:56 PM
AACarPlay
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are extremely proud that our company has been one of the CLUB LEUXS vendors. We are here to assist with any infotainment system questions or issues, generally, anything CarPlay or Android auto-related so let us know how We can help.

We've updated the adapters to the latest Android 11 OS, which works more stable and gives a faster transmission.

2022 Premier Adapter
  1. Wireless CarPlay
  2. Wireless Android Auto
  3. AirPlay/ Chromecast Video streaming media to car screen
  4. More.
2022 AI BOX
  1. Wireless CarPlay
  2. Wireless Android Auto
  3. AirPlay/ Chromecast Video streaming media to car screen
  4. Install any apps to your car screen (YouTube, Netflix, Games...)
  5. More.
GET YOURS
All car adapters at AACarPlay

Old 06-05-23, 06:15 PM
Mohammedalimehtab
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by obeySiam
I found this product Amazon. It's used the CarPlay single to project android auto to the head unit. I just ordered it for 2019 ES. It's coming next Monday. Let it if it can fix this 2019 ES android auto problem.
did this work, i am having the same issue.
please let me know
Thanks
Old 06-05-23, 09:10 PM
Shaboom
Racer

Received 483 Likes on 342 Posts

Got the same dongle for Apple Car Play use with my Apple IOS devices. Makes them wireless to Apple Car Play. Small dongle. Hardly noticeable. Works great. $75.if that’s the kind of thing you’re looking for for your Android, shop around. Right price should be way less than $350.
Old 02-22-24, 10:39 PM
cboshuizen
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fallyn
I have a dongle called Ottocast U2-X.
Biggest downside is screen navigation; it doesn't support the Lexus touchpad correctly and you have to flick a selection box around using the touchpad like arrow keys: one flick per movement. That part isn't great.
I have the ottocast u2-x Pro working in my LC 500 - but cannot scroll around in it all. The trackpad just jumps around from window to window but I cannot stay in any window and open things. I also don't seem to be able to scroll left or right at all, only up and down. Any tips?
Old 02-23-24, 06:48 AM
alextv
Instructor

Received 177 Likes on 156 Posts

For my 2020 ES and carlink Tbox plus I double tap (not push) and keep finger on pad to move around and tap once to select. Works a lot like mouse on laptop. You should be able to use a bluetooth mouse with yours also

Quick Reply: Android Auto attachment