ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Black Headliner

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-22, 01:04 PM
JamesAZ
Intermediate

Received 163 Likes on 93 Posts
Default Black Headliner

So I've been eyeballing upgrading my 2018 Camry to a 2020 ES UL, and I'm wanting to get a white exterior with a black interior. But as I'm looking at photos online, it seems the B pillars and headliner are a tan color. Same situation with my Camry, which isn't a big deal, but definitely something I'd swap out on the ES if I could. I'm seeing parts online for it, so I assume it's possible, but I'm just trying to figure out where it's coming from. A bit more searching it seems to only exist on the F Sport. Is this correct?

Ultra Luxuries I found online with white exterior and black interior:

F Sports I found online with white exterior and black interior:

So it would seem my only option would be to have to swap out the headliner and B Pillars. Which sucks, but oh well. It is what it is. I just want to get confirmation just in case.
Old 07-24-22, 01:13 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Yep it’s an F sport trim only, as far as i know. It’s the one thing I wish my ‘21 es300h had. I swapped front grills to f sport but haven’t gotten bored enough for headliner!
Old 07-24-22, 01:38 PM
grp52
Instructor

Received 568 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by JamesAZ
So I've been eyeballing upgrading my 2018 Camry to a 2020 ES UL, and I'm wanting to get a white exterior with a black interior. But as I'm looking at photos online, it seems the B pillars and headliner are a tan color. Same situation with my Camry, which isn't a big deal, but definitely something I'd swap out on the ES if I could. I'm seeing parts online for it, so I assume it's possible, but I'm just trying to figure out where it's coming from. A bit more searching it seems to only exist on the F Sport. Is this correct?
So it would seem my only option would be to have to swap out the headliner and B Pillars. Which sucks, but oh well. It is what it is. I just want to get confirmation just in case.
Be aware that many ES 350 Ultra Luxury models are built with the optional panoramic glass roof which isn't available on F Sport models. So, a headliner swap isn't a viable course of action if the 2020 ES UL you find and buy has the optional panoramic glass roof.
The following users liked this post:
JamesAZ (07-24-22)
Old 07-24-22, 02:05 PM
JamesAZ
Intermediate

Originally Posted by grp52
Be aware that many ES 350 Ultra Luxury models are built with the optional panoramic glass roof which isn't available on F Sport models. So, a headliner swap isn't a viable course of action if the 2020 ES UL you find and buy has the optional panoramic glass roof.
​​​
See, and things like this are why I never shy away from asking stupid questions like this. That didn't even occur to me! Thankfully I don't care for the Panoramic Roof. Would be nice, but I'd much rather have the black headliner.
Old 07-24-22, 02:07 PM
JamesAZ
Intermediate

Originally Posted by heyarms
Yep it’s an F sport trim only, as far as i know. It’s the one thing I wish my ‘21 es300h had. I swapped front grills to f sport but haven’t gotten bored enough for headliner!
Yeah, I plan on removing the headliner anyway since I like to add dampening and insulation to the roof and doors of my cars, so it's just the additional cost which sucks. But removing the headliner is definitely a pain in the butt I'll admit lol.
Old 07-25-22, 05:04 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 601 Likes on 420 Posts

Yeah, I plan on removing the headliner anyway since I like to add dampening and insulation to the roof and doors of my cars, so it's just the additional cost which sucks. But removing the headliner is definitely a pain in the butt I'll admit lol.
May I am why you want to remove the headliner on an ES?

I've driven many many cats, including every generation of Camry, including 2018 and the ES is the quietest car I've driven.
Old 07-25-22, 05:56 AM
JamesAZ
Intermediate

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
May I am why you want to remove the headliner on an ES?

I've driven many many cats, including every generation of Camry, including 2018 and the ES is the quietest car I've driven.
I like to add insulation to the doors and headliners to help keep heat out from the Phoenix heat. Every car I've done it to so far it's made a huge noticeable difference. Not sure how much of a difference it'll make in an ES, but I already want the black headliner, so might as well while I'm at it.
Old 07-25-22, 07:09 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,572 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Ultra Luxuries I found online with white exterior and black interior:

F Sports I found online with white exterior and black interior:

FSport only indeed.