ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

The infamous six-month service visit

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-22, 08:11 AM
ATL350
Advanced

Received 347 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
Just required by common sense/logic, really. 5k is the gold standard no matter if you drive a kia, ford, bmw, lexus, honda, daihatsu. rotating the tires every 5k helps distribute the wear. you don't need to do it, just like you don't need to brush your teeth. but you also "need" to brush your teeth.
It would seem that the conditional “if required” is something added into the printout by the dealership. I would adhere to the official Lexus publications given to us with the car…that says rotate the tires and does not put any conditions on it, so that’s what the dealership should do. (Since it’s covered by Toyota, I assume the dealership is getting reimbursed for the service. Are they cheating, billing Toyota for the required elements like tire rotation, but not actually doing it to save service time? Sounds like it could be.)
Old 08-03-22, 09:22 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,177 Likes on 1,634 Posts

The language in those shop sheets are pretty loose and not to be taken too literally. One can do what they want with their car and one should. You are just another number to the "dealer."

It's best to not overthink this. Not rotating the tires on your car isn't the end of the world either on a FWD grocery getter. You'd likely be fine if you don't. It's just optimal if you want the longest life possible from your tires.
Old 08-03-22, 09:26 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,177 Likes on 1,634 Posts

There's quite a few topics which need no discussion, no thinking. no threads. this is one of them.

oil: change it often w/ mfr-spec oil
tires: rotate em @5k if setup allows and you care about long tire life (stagger/non stagger)

don't use brain energy on such topics. lots of guys stress too much over simple stuff. the car needs to work for you, not the other way around. i learned this early on when someone said this exact thing to me before. a bulb went off in my head.
Old 08-03-22, 03:05 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 529 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
There's quite a few topics which need no discussion, no thinking. no threads. this is one of them.

don't use brain energy on such topics. lots of guys stress too much over simple stuff. the car needs to work for you, not the other way around. i learned this early on when someone said this exact thing to me before. a bulb went off in my head.
Yet here you are furthering the discussion with self-righteous opinions while brow-beating about a side-track that wasn’t even the OP’s original question. Maybe that light bulb has blown because it should be pretty clear that people are going to continue to do exactly what you are advising against. It’s wishful thinking to see otherwise. I myself try to not sweat the small stuff. But to many out there who might be less savvy or aware of exactly what the small stuff encompasses, might not know until they experience it themselves.
For the record, the OP’s original question was, IMO a reasonable one. But like most threads, side-tracks are inevitable. It’s wasted breath and energy to tell others how to conduct their questions and comments. Case in point, myself included!
Try taking your own advice!

Last edited by UltraLux22; 08-03-22 at 03:10 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by UltraLux22:
ATL350 (08-03-22), kingofire (08-03-22), LexFinally (08-04-22), LS500Fan (08-03-22)