ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

ES 300h 2023

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-22, 03:13 PM
july1988
Intermediate

Received 147 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Great video however i had some trouble understanding the narrator.
I found this (kinda) Eng. version

i'm def consider to trade in my 19 F-sport for this exact interior and exterior combo, but without Hybrid, I need more comfy seating. I didn't know non-Fsport offer this interior color. I understand this is Japanese/Asian/European model, so North American models maybe slightly different.

Still V6 with newer software interface, wireless Apple Car, better arrangement of wireless charging, usb-c, ambient lightnings, this is a mid/late generation refresh so all bugs should be fixed, say whatttt?????

Also by the time this came out, market will be cool down, supply chain should be normal NOW and def. by then. I'm aiming for Spring 2023,. I'm in for a good deal. 2023 Lexus ES 350 UL hmmm here I come , unless my stocks raise to the top by next Spring (very likely) and I find a Stella deal on the 23 RX 500h F SPORT (very unlikely) LOL

Last edited by july1988; 08-11-22 at 03:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
asadani (08-12-22)
Old 08-11-22, 09:51 PM
asadani
Pit Crew

Received 56 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
Yep the Avalon replacement still uses a tweaked TNGA-K platform. I can't imagine the ES sitting on its OWN TNGA-K variant, that would be very expensive, so that's why I'm wondering if it'll share with a new Camry (which has to grow because of the massive Accord) or the upcoming Avalon replacement, the Crown. Time will tell!
The ES is usually aligned to the Avalon. Since the Avalon is essentially being replaced by the crown in its space., It may be aligned to what the crown has going. What would be your thought? the v6 es 350 or the rx 500h. but that is again a v4
Old 08-11-22, 09:53 PM
asadani
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by july1988
I found this (kinda) Eng. version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhpLM5OjCoA

i'm def consider to trade in my 19 F-sport for this exact interior and exterior combo, but without Hybrid, I need more comfy seating. I didn't know non-Fsport offer this interior color. I understand this is Japanese/Asian/European model, so North American models maybe slightly different.

Still V6 with newer software interface, wireless Apple Car, better arrangement of wireless charging, usb-c, ambient lightnings, this is a mid/late generation refresh so all bugs should be fixed, say whatttt?????

Also by the time this came out, market will be cool down, supply chain should be normal NOW and def. by then. I'm aiming for Spring 2023,. I'm in for a good deal. 2023 Lexus ES 350 UL hmmm here I come , unless my stocks raise to the top by next Spring (very likely) and I find a Stella deal on the 23 RX 500h F SPORT (very unlikely) LOL
I'm not sure if this one has the ambient lighting. does it? The TX 500h F SPORT will be a v4 hybrid. I've seen some youtube videos stating that the real reason v6 is going away is due to the updated emission laws.
Old 08-11-22, 10:21 PM
LS500Fan
Instructor

Received 520 Likes on 319 Posts

You really need to stop saying V4, it’s an I4 configuration. Smaller engines mean lower emissions so every vehicle is getting smaller engines and going electric because govt demands to reduce emissions.
The following 3 users liked this post by LS500Fan:
ATL350 (08-12-22), dklanecky1 (08-13-22), landonm86 (05-19-23)
Old 08-15-22, 09:40 PM
asadani
Pit Crew

Has anyone had any success in ordering the 2023 es350? I have been so far unsuccessful with it. I hope the drivetrain still has the v6 as there is nothing official about it. If the v6 is no longer an option then I'd like to pick up the 2022.
Old 08-16-22, 06:31 AM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 927 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by asadani
Has anyone had any success in ordering the 2023 es350? I have been so far unsuccessful with it. I hope the drivetrain still has the v6 as there is nothing official about it. If the v6 is no longer an option then I'd like to pick up the 2022.
I'm not a factory source by any means, but I'm personally very confident there will still be a V6 version in 2023. (Of course, I'm the same guy who said he was very confident there would still be a CD player and a touchpad, but never mind...)
Old 08-16-22, 07:47 AM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 467 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by asadani
Pretty sure the V6 is going to stay..when manufacturers tend to use new engines, they make a big deal about mentioning an "all-new" engine for the model.

Even if they didn't make a big deal of it, that's a huge detail to omit from any press releases. Plus the rumor mill would be flooded with any news of potential new engine.
Old 08-16-22, 09:31 AM
asadani
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by dezymond
Pretty sure the V6 is going to stay..when manufacturers tend to use new engines, they make a big deal about mentioning an "all-new" engine for the model.

Even if they didn't make a big deal of it, that's a huge detail to omit from any press releases. Plus the rumor mill would be flooded with any news of potential new engine.
I really want to get the ES 350 but the wife is pushing towards the tesla model Y. I will probably close on the ES 350 v6 but for some reason lexus dubai is just not interested in taking in any orders.
Old 08-16-22, 11:08 AM
ATL350
Advanced

Received 316 Likes on 197 Posts

It wouldn’t be a new engine, just a new use of an existing power plant in another model. Look no farther than the RX where its trusty V-6 was dumped for an I-4 turbo in the remodel. Most manufacturers are on the same path in order to reduce emissions in particular with a marginal benefit of fuel economy improvements in testing regimens. While improvements per car might be small it all adds up as regulators look at corporate averages. I don’t like the demise of the 6 but that’s the way it is.

A second thing to remember is that most drivers really don’t care. Few care about longevity either, as so many cars are now leased. Look at the CVT, which the automotive press rails against in every car with one. Yet most buyers couldn’t even tell you what it is, if they have one, or why it is they’re supposed to hate it.
Old 08-16-22, 11:39 AM
dezymond
Instructor

Originally Posted by ATL350
It wouldn’t be a new engine, just a new use of an existing power plant in another model. Look no farther than the RX where its trusty V-6 was dumped for an I-4 turbo in the remodel. Most manufacturers are on the same path in order to reduce emissions in particular with a marginal benefit of fuel economy improvements in testing regimens. While improvements per car might be small it all adds up as regulators look at corporate averages. I don’t like the demise of the 6 but that’s the way it is.

A second thing to remember is that most drivers really don’t care. Few care about longevity either, as so many cars are now leased. Look at the CVT, which the automotive press rails against in every car with one. Yet most buyers couldn’t even tell you what it is, if they have one, or why it is they’re supposed to hate it.
That's partially why I put "all-new". It be a carryover engine from a different model but the point I was trying to get across would be that if a new engine was going to be used, Lexus would certainly announce it.

And yup, the industry is moving towards more efficient power trains. This was inevitable but really not too bad imo. I personally don't miss my V6 in day to day driving ever since I picked up a 300h.

​​​​​​
Old 08-16-22, 12:03 PM
ATL350
Advanced

I see your point, but to my knowledge Lexus hasn’t yet made a formal announcement of details on the 8th generation ES. The 23 is still a refresh, so I doubt they would do a power train swap at this point!
Old 08-16-22, 12:55 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 513 Likes on 355 Posts

I just received this email in response to an info. request on the 2023 ES from my high-level Lexus contact. (I say high level to provide foundation and to indicate it isn't just a sales rep.) Since most of the information I've found regarding the major changes has been for the Euro. market, I inquired to see if there was any info. available. As the response below outlines, there are no concrete answers at this time. I personally have yet to find a bona fide source that definitively outlines the changes to the 2023 ES for the NA market. Until the information is officially released, all we can do is speculate. It's still a hurry up and wait situation. Personally, I hope for the updates but for now, who knows.Good Afternoon ****!

There has been no real release of information on the 2023 ES models at this time. They are moving the production away from Georgetown here in Kentucky, so it’s a very fluid situation. I have not heard of any significant changes, but it would not surprise me if they updated some of the tech in the vehicle and potentially relocated items such as the cupholders. That said, I am not certain what they will do exactly just yet for the 2023 models. They have also not provided us a concrete release date.

Please continue to touch base with your thoughts and questions!

Thank you, ****!

Last edited by UltraLux22; 08-19-22 at 12:01 AM.
Old 08-16-22, 01:23 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Originally Posted by ATL350
I see your point, but to my knowledge Lexus hasn’t yet made a formal announcement of details on the 8th generation ES. The 23 is still a refresh, so I doubt they would do a power train swap at this point!
Nope they haven't. I definitely see a new powertrain for the 8ES though. The V6 is going the way of the dinosaur.

I just hope the 8ES doesn't look like the Crown. Yuck..
The following users liked this post:
LexFinally (08-16-22)
Old 08-16-22, 01:33 PM
ATL350
Advanced

Nope they haven't. I definitely see a new powertrain for the 8ES though. The V6 is going the way of the dinosaur.

I just hope the 8ES doesn't look like the Crown. Yuck..
Agree! Hopefully Lexus will recognize the need to address what ES buyers really want, and not try to shift if around to appeal to a different demographic (like trying to make it sporty - that’s for non-F-Sport variants- or more “youthful”).
Old 08-16-22, 02:23 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,155 Likes on 1,619 Posts

I also notice "ES300h" is now in silver. no blue letters anymore. this is normalizing hybrid.

I think of this normalizing like the first automatic transmission cars probably said "4 speed auto" or something on the badging. then eventually it's just expected that cars have transmissions. or like "Air Conditioning" badging on the interiors. or insert any normal feature

Quick Reply: ES 300h 2023