ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

ES 300h 2023

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-22, 05:13 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 927 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by ATL350
Agree! Hopefully Lexus will recognize the need to address what ES buyers really want, and not try to shift if around to appeal to a different demographic (like trying to make it sporty - that’s for non-F-Sport variants- or more “youthful”).
Much as we hate it, they may have no choice but to make it more youthful in some way or other. When they killed off the Avalon, they admitted that the all-new chassis and improved handling had done absolutely nothing to lower the average age of Avalon buyers, which was 66. I suspect the ES isn't far off that mark, and GM has shown what that does to your business eventually.
Old 08-18-22, 11:34 PM
asadani
Pit Crew

Received 56 Likes on 35 Posts

Most other manufacturers already have the 2023 model coming in with orders going in. I really don't understand what's the issue with Lexus being not interested to talk on 2023 here in the UAE. Has anyone been able to make a purchase on the 2023 model on the es 350?
Old 08-19-22, 12:28 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 513 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by asadani
Most other manufacturers already have the 2023 model coming in with orders going in. I really don't understand what's the issue with Lexus being not interested to talk on 2023 here in the UAE. Has anyone been able to make a purchase on the 2023 model on the es 350?
My post above gives a little information that might help answer your 3rd sentence. I believe I have read in several other threads/posts that you've been given the same answer on multiple occasions from a dealer that already answers your 3rd sentence. We are in two different markets and yet the answers are still the same. For right now, there is no answer other than uncertainty. I won't directly answer your 1st and 2nd sentence but I can at least provide an answer that might shed some light on the
"why." While it's likely a big factor, it's certainly not the only one. Lexus, like some other manufacturers, are still backlogged with fulfilling existing orders to their dealers. Consider that there are still challenges being faced and that might give some insight as to why more definitive timelines haven't been provided yet.
Old 08-19-22, 03:31 AM
asadani
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by UltraLux22
My post above gives a little information that might help answer your 3rd sentence. I believe I have read in several other threads/posts that you've been given the same answer on multiple occasions from a dealer that already answers your 3rd sentence. We are in two different markets and yet the answers are still the same. For right now, there is no answer other than uncertainty. I won't directly answer your 1st and 2nd sentence but I can at least provide an answer that might shed some light on the
"why." While it's likely a big factor, it's certainly not the only one. Lexus, like some other manufacturers, are still backlogged with fulfilling existing orders to their dealers. Consider that there are still challenges being faced and that might give some insight as to why more definitive timelines haven't been provided yet.
I was essentially referring to other manufacturers such as Mazda. My wife wants to buy a car and when we went to the Mazda showroom, I was surprised to see the 2023 tag on the car available for sale. On one hand, we are seeing the 2023 model being sold and then on another hand, Lexus has 0 announcements on the price points, etc. The ability to order should have been made available in my opinion. but we can wait and see.
Old 08-19-22, 10:09 AM
july1988
Intermediate

Received 147 Likes on 105 Posts

I was essentially referring to other manufacturers such as Mazda. My wife wants to buy a car and when we went to the Mazda showroom, I was surprised to see the 2023 tag on the car available for sale. On one hand, we are seeing the 2023 model being sold and then on another hand, Lexus has 0 announcements on the price points, etc. The ability to order should have been made available in my opinion. but we can wait and see.
I think I saw a thread somewhere that someone was able to pre-order the 2023 ES in Europe. But still they have to wait.
I recently reached out to one of my long-time Lexus contacts that I've bought several vehicles from, he said there is no information from Lexus about 2023 ES sent to dealers here in USA yet.
By the time Lexus announce any news about 2023 ES, it will probably take at least another quarter (3 months), maybe 6, for it to hit the dealer lot.
If you can't wait for another 6 months or so, I'd say by Spring 2023, just buy something else.
The following users liked this post:
asadani (08-21-22)
Old 08-19-22, 02:55 PM
ATL350
Advanced

Received 316 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFinally
Much as we hate it, they may have no choice but to make it more youthful in some way or other. When they killed off the Avalon, they admitted that the all-new chassis and improved handling had done absolutely nothing to lower the average age of Avalon buyers, which was 66. I suspect the ES isn't far off that mark, and GM has shown what that does to your business eventually.

No doubt…my biggest concern is that they will make it “more youthful” by making the ride harsher, like so many other cars on the market today.
The following users liked this post:
LexFinally (08-21-22)
Old 08-21-22, 12:57 AM
asadani
Pit Crew

Spring 2023 is too far to introduce a brand during the year. I'd say since they have not made very many changes with 2023, they will drop them into the dealers starting October but we will have to wait and watch. I got a call from the dealer that they are getting a silver fsport 2022 coming in with silver and I refused as I don't like the fsport and at this point I'd rather wait for the 2023
Old 08-21-22, 12:14 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 927 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by ATL350
No doubt…my biggest concern is that they will make it “more youthful” by making the ride harsher, like so many other cars on the market today.
Yeah, there's no shortage of other cars for that audience, including the Lexus IS.
Old 08-21-22, 12:36 PM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 974 Likes on 733 Posts

Is it possible to purchase the 2023 model?
Old 08-21-22, 03:42 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

I'd say since they have not made very many changes with 2023, they will drop them into the dealers starting October but we will have to wait and watch.
I wouldn't count on that. There are reasons why release dates and so on have been vague, if non-existent. Factors that we will likely never know are in play. Lexus has been faced with an added production related problem. There is an issue getting parts for the Mark Levinson sound system right now so nearly all Luxury + trims that have ML sound will have had their build dates pushed back. That coupled with orders for dealerships still being behind, just pushes things farther out.

Last edited by UltraLux22; 08-21-22 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-26-22, 07:02 AM
alextv
Instructor

Received 172 Likes on 151 Posts

Has anyone heard from there dealer in the US when the anticipated date the 2023 ES300h will be available? Seems like normal times are long gone as I talked with a dealer and lexus told him the earliest would be February and then with waiting lists hard to get. I have heard that supply problems will last well into next year.
Old 08-26-22, 10:57 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by alextv
Has anyone heard from there dealer in the US when the anticipated date the 2023 ES300h will be available? Seems like normal times are long gone as I talked with a dealer and lexus told him the earliest would be February and then with waiting lists hard to get. I have heard that supply problems will last well into next year.
Sounds about right!
Old 08-26-22, 11:07 AM
asadani
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by alextv
I believe the allocations will increase and we will start to see a few around November to December. we have to wait it out but for sure it won't get into Feb/Mar.
The shortage exists but is not as bad as we think. Last year Audi's had a difficult time with the timeline and they are quite caught up at least in this region. Other manufacturers are bringing in 2023 models easily. Typical toyota/lexus hype going on
My views though
Old 08-26-22, 01:14 PM
wdlugitch
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I really want to get the ES 350 but the wife is pushing towards the tesla model Y. I will probably close on the ES 350 v6 but for some reason lexus dubai is just not interested in taking in any orders.
Lexus has lost its way; whoever is responsible for the grills after my year should apologize and either resign or be terminated. It is almost 2023 and they should have brought out an electric sedan a long time ago. I have owned and driven Lexus since 1990 (ES, SC, LS) and do not want to buy another gas or hybrid. Lexus has fallen far behind. Why?

Last edited by wdlugitch; 08-26-22 at 01:20 PM.
Old 08-26-22, 03:20 PM
ATL350
Advanced

Received 316 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by wdlugitch
Lexus has lost its way; whoever is responsible for the grills after my year should apologize and either resign or be terminated. It is almost 2023 and they should have brought out an electric sedan a long time ago. I have owned and driven Lexus since 1990 (ES, SC, LS) and do not want to buy another gas or hybrid. Lexus has fallen far behind. Why?
I think they’ve lost their way too but not for failing to get an electric vehicle yet. Toyota is a very traditional company, the Lexus part even more so, at least in the past. This generation ES is almost done with, so it is understandable that they were going to dump too much money in such a major change.

I think they’ve lost their way in the identity department. They seem to seem to want to try to be the Japanese BMW, with sport being emphasized more and more over luxury. Almost every press vehicle, or in a TV ad is an F-Sport. Ride and comfort is almost never mentioned in brochures or elsewhere, or else just quickly glossed over. Look how the LS is a confused mess, neither fish nor fowl, during neither real luxury (other than in superb materials) or actual sport. The demise of the smooth, reliable V6 (sadly an industry trend) means gearing up for turbo-4’s and joining the 0-60 game. Not appealing. I got rid of my Mercedes E350 because of lack of comfort and reliability and other than the S-Class, nothing they make appeals to me because I don’t want a “performance” vehicle. Lexus will lose a lot of customers over this. Customers like me, sadly have fewer places to turn. Had I not succeeded in getting my 22 ES350 UL it would have been a Lincoln, like an Aviator or something. The RX, which I used to like a generation ago, isn’t as nice as it used to be, and the new one isn’t grabbing me.

Quick Reply: ES 300h 2023