ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

ES 300h 2023

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-22 | 01:00 AM
asadani
Pit Crew

Default ES 300h 2023

Just found it online. Was waiting to see an actual unit. Haven't heard about the 350 but I believe that will also have the v6.

Thanks to @july1988 Below is the English version as well

Last edited by asadani; 08-12-22 at 02:52 AM.
The following users liked this post:
GS350Miami (08-09-22)
Old 08-07-22 | 07:45 AM
dezymond
Instructor

Looks good, liking the redesign and as an owner of a 2022, I'm slightly annoyed, but still love my car.

For the others, interior footage starts around 7:00
Old 08-07-22 | 07:53 AM
ATL350
Advanced

Overall looks pretty good. A few observations/opinions.

- I hate open cup holders. In a luxury/near luxury vehicle there should be a lid to cover them up. Especially for those of us who rarely use them they are just a place to gather dust and looks cluttered.
- I like the look of the more chrome like grill (at least it seems that way). Perhaps a bit bling but would be a nice option.
- It looks like there are no longer any of the little lines in the upholstery on the armrests or center console. Cost savings or just deemed unnecessary, “no one noticed anyway” sort of thing.
- not super wild about the wireless charger placement (I would have moved it forward) but at least it will free up a lot of space in the center console!

Overall a nice job, but I’m still content with my 2022 UL.
Old 08-07-22 | 08:33 AM
asadani
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ATL350
Overall looks pretty good. A few observations/opinions.

- I hate open cup holders. In a luxury/near luxury vehicle there should be a lid to cover them up. Especially for those of us who rarely use them they are just a place to gather dust and looks cluttered.
- I like the look of the more chrome like grill (at least it seems that way). Perhaps a bit bling but would be a nice option.
- It looks like there are no longer any of the little lines in the upholstery on the armrests or center console. Cost savings or just deemed unnecessary, “no one noticed anyway” sort of thing.
- not super wild about the wireless charger placement (I would have moved it forward) but at least it will free up a lot of space in the center console!

Overall a nice job, but I’m still content with my 2022 UL.
I totally didn't notice the lines in the upholstery on the armrest. It was really a nice one. I think it depends on the country this is ordered in. Lets see when more of us start receiving this. I just wish she had turned on the car and shown us the updated entertainment system. I heard its improvised.

Last edited by asadani; 08-07-22 at 08:41 AM.
Old 08-07-22 | 08:47 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Great video however i had some trouble understanding the narrator.
Old 08-07-22 | 09:28 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

I know that it is a matter of personal preference and that others will disagree, but it sure seems to me that Lexus, especially on the ES, has continually found ways to make the grilles look uglier and uglier.

When the 6th generation ES was introduced with the spindle grille for the first time, I thought that the grilles on the 2013-2015 ES were still at a reasonable size and had a somewhat tasteful look. At the mid-cycle refresh for the 6th generation ES, Lexus seemed, to me, to be moving in the wrong direction, and I thought that they made it even worse with the grille on the ES350 for the 7th generation cars. Now, again, to me, they are making it even worse.

If I was in the market for an ES now, I think I'd be considering the F-sport version only because the F-sport grille doesn't come across to me to be as being as ugly as the grille on the ES350.
The following users liked this post:
UltraLux22 (08-07-22)
Old 08-07-22 | 11:10 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by lesz
If I was in the market for an ES now, I think I'd be considering the F-sport version only because the F-sport grille doesn't come across to me to be as being as ugly as the grille on the ES350.
I agree that I find F-sport grilles, whether on ES or RX, to be more appealing. I also like the LS grille.
Old 08-07-22 | 06:20 PM
LexFinally
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lesz
Why not just buy whatever version you want -- whether that's the nice leather and greater quietness of the Ultra Luxury, or the handling suspension and supportive buckets of the F Sport -- and then put an F Sport grille on it?
Old 08-08-22 | 05:39 AM
ionian
Instructor

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Great video however i had some trouble understanding the narrator.
You can go to settings then under subtitles switch to English. Since it is auto-generated there are some lost in translation but overall it is decent.
Old 08-08-22 | 07:46 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ionian
You can go to settings then under subtitles switch to English. Since it is auto-generated there are some lost in translation but overall it is decent.
Thx - I was just having some fun
Old 08-08-22 | 07:47 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexFinally
Why not just buy whatever version you want -- whether that's the nice leather and greater quietness of the Ultra Luxury, or the handling suspension and supportive buckets of the F Sport -- and then put an F Sport grille on it?
Well if you buy the FSport, the grill will already be there There's also the cluster, wheels etc but the non-FSport grill seems to be a sore point with many owners.
Old 08-08-22 | 09:21 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

The grill appears chrome but in other shots it appears "bright." so not sure. either way it's asian market so don't necessarily think we'll get the same.

i think the video confirms mostly what we know to be the biggest change for '23 which is a new console/cupholder area design.

I think the open cupholders are great. allows me to drop my keys or phone inside which is massively convenient. i like to avoid doors/lids etc if possible on things like cupholders. to me, it's not clean. also i use the cupholders anyway for a place for my keys so the door is open regardless so just skip the door for a clean look for something people are likely to use.

Also I like the 2022/23 non sport grill. The sport grill is a regurgitation of prior F Sport models dating back to the 2014 Lexus CT. While the 22/23 ES non sport grill is new so you KNOW it's a next-gen/new model. same reason why I prefer the newest powertrains vs. recycled ones. i like having features/options/stuff that signify next or new gen, if given the option
Old 08-08-22 | 10:53 AM
Lead Lap

Minor updates for the sake of updates to call it a new model year. Just shows the ES is coming to the end of the generation and will be replaced.
Old 08-08-22 | 11:04 AM
Lead Lap

The grill you see in that video is a special edition in Japan. Not offered else where.
Old 08-08-22 | 02:58 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by 703
Minor updates for the sake of updates to call it a new model year. Just shows the ES is coming to the end of the generation and will be replaced.
Sounds about right to me.

Quick Reply: ES 300h 2023