ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Newly discovered: The tire change hardware in our cars is absolute garbage.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-22, 07:07 AM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 952 Likes on 599 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Change them to screen shots, save then upload and you should have no problem.
Mike, I appreciate the helpful advice, but unfortunately I don't know what "changing them to screen shots" means or how to do it.
Old 08-19-22, 10:01 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,572 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFinally
Mike, I appreciate the helpful advice, but unfortunately I don't know what "changing them to screen shots" means or how to do it.
Sorry - so if I have an jpeg on my phone, I screen shoot it creating a new image on the phone that seems to take up much less memory and then those seem to upload with no problem. On the Samsung Galaxy, you screen shoot by holding main menu and volume down buttons simultaneously for a second or so. Probably similar on an iPhone if you use one of those dreaded devices
Old 08-19-22, 11:13 AM
LexFinally
Racer

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Sorry - so if I have an jpeg on my phone, I screen shoot it creating a new image on the phone that seems to take up much less memory and then those seem to upload with no problem. On the Samsung Galaxy, you screen shoot by holding main menu and volume down buttons simultaneously for a second or so. Probably similar on an iPhone if you use one of those dreaded devices
I gotcha. In other words, shrink the files. Remarkably, I tried that and it STILL didn't work. But if you want to pull them down off my previous post's attachments and display them, be my guest.

EDIT: Made screen grabs. That didn't work either. Same result: First upload got to 90% and got stuck there. Guess my device and this site just don't get along.

Last edited by LexFinally; 08-20-22 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-19-22, 02:26 PM
grp52
Instructor

Received 568 Likes on 399 Posts

"changing them to screen shots" basically means display the original photo on the device's/computer's display screen then use the device's/computer's operating systems built-in utility to take a photo/snapshot of what's displayed and save it into a photo formatted file. The specific details on how to do that and the photo format(s) available/used for the save photo vary quite a bit by the device/computer and operating system you're using. So as to not stray too far off the forums's topic, just do a web search on something like "How to take a screenshot on a XXXX" where XXXX is the device/operating system you using that you want to take a screenshot on. (From the metadata of your uploaded pdf files I see they were created on a Mac OS system. If you don't already know how to create screenshots on a Mac, while you have the Finder as the frontmost app select the Help menu and then type "screenshot" in the search field. The first item of the resulting help items list "Take screenshots..." will open up a window on the basics of taking screenshots on your Mac's system version.)

I gotcha. In other words, shrink the files. Remarkably, I tried that and it STILL didn't work....
A screenshot doesn't necessarily shrink the files size but it will create a new photo data formatted file from the bare pixel data of what's displayed on the screen. So, if there's anything in the original jpeg photo data that causes site uploading glitching that also gets carried along in "normal" jpeg to jpeg sizing conversions (e.g., camera, location etc. jpeg metadata) that extra non-visual data will get stripped out in the process of screenshotting just the visual data. Embedding the jpeg in a pdf file would also strip out (or convert) anything in the source data that didn't conform to the standardized pdf image data format which is probably why your pdf files uploaded but your jpeg files didn't.
Old 08-21-22, 08:02 AM
LexFinally
Racer

Okay, finally figured this out. As soon as I let the website violate my privacy, its management let me post pictures.

Old 08-28-22, 10:18 AM
LexFinally
Racer

Additional question for the Best & Brightest here:

I'd like to also replace the crappy little lug nut wrench. What's the size for our lug nuts? Placing a ruler on the lug nuts and the OEM wrench, it looks like 20 or 21 mm, but I can't get a precise reading.
Old 08-28-22, 03:06 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,572 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Additional question for the Best & Brightest here:

I'd like to also replace the crappy little lug nut wrench. What's the size for our lug nuts? Placing a ruler on the lug nuts and the OEM wrench, it looks like 20 or 21 mm, but I can't get a precise reading.
These fit my ES with 19" wheels. I have a wrench that fits four different size nuts but not sure what the actual size is.

Old 08-28-22, 06:39 PM
LexFinally
Racer

What's the size for our lug nuts? Placing a ruler on the lug nuts and the OEM wrench, it looks like 20 or 21 mm, but I can't get a precise reading.
I did more research and the correct size appears to be 21 mm, although you can jam on a non-metric size and still make the nut turn.