ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Memory seats and easy exit

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-22, 05:14 PM
Snoopy764
2nd gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Memory seats and easy exit

I bought a 2019 CPO Es350 few days ago and I wanted to ask if this is the way it suppose to be. The memory seats work but for the height it doesn't go up to the max height. It stops at a certain point and I press the number again it beeps at me. It has no problem going all the way down. I also don't see the difference between full and partial for easy exit. To me they both move back the same amount. I'm not seated all the way back and am closer to the front. Is full suppose to move you all the way back. One last thing is, the center console sometime creaks don't know what it could be.
Old 08-18-22, 04:25 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 577 Likes on 408 Posts

Drivers memory saves the complete seat position, mirrors, HVAC settings and should also have radio (Sometimes). It goes to the exact setting to saved when you saved the position.

Easy exit is not related to memory seat. It just moves the seat back and steering up so that you can get in and out easily.

I am not clear which one you have issues with?

As for center console, no noise on my 2020. 2019 was the first year and might have few issues that might have been resolved for 2020.
Old 08-18-22, 05:07 AM
Snoopy764
2nd gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
Drivers memory saves the complete seat position, mirrors, HVAC settings and should also have radio (Sometimes). It goes to the exact setting to saved when you saved the position.

Easy exit is not related to memory seat. It just moves the seat back and steering up so that you can get in and out easily.

I am not clear which one you have issues with?

As for center console, no noise on my 2020. 2019 was the first year and might have few issues that might have been resolved for 2020.
I'm a short person, so I have my seat height set to the highest setting. The memory seat raises the height halfway and then if i press the button again it beeps and i have to manually raise the seat to the max height. I'm not sure if that's normal. For easy exit, there is partial and full setting. However to me it looks like the full and partial setting move the seat back with the same length. How far back does the full setting move the seat back compared to partial.
The following users liked this post:
dr3wski (08-20-22)
Old 08-18-22, 05:11 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 577 Likes on 408 Posts

Not sure why. maybe settings weren't saved properly?

My wife and daughter have their seats all the way up and my setting is lower. When either of us opens the door with our key fob, the seat either goes all the way up for them or lowers for me.

I believe the full actually goes all the way back. and partial is halfway. I disabled it on mine, since I don't really need it. Just steering away is enough.
Old 08-18-22, 06:50 AM
RKF350
Intermediate

Received 123 Likes on 65 Posts

I had a bad battery in my 2018. The seat memory would get “stupid”. I was told, and it worked, to run the seat all the way forward and hold the switch for a few seconds, all the way back and hold the switch for a few seconds, and the same
for the height. Then adjust the seat and save.

It seem to reset the memory. The auto power windows are set the same way.

Can’t hurt to try.
Old 08-18-22, 07:28 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

Snoopy's memory doesn't seem to be working right. Check with dealer - I recall some threads where something has to be reset to get the memory working properly. Mine works flawlessly for all three settings. Easy exit - I hate the seat part and disable that but the steering wheel retraction works well.
Old 08-20-22, 06:43 AM
ATL350
Advanced

Received 347 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by RKF350
I had a bad battery in my 2018. The seat memory would get “stupid”. I was told, and it worked, to run the seat all the way forward and hold the switch for a few seconds, all the way back and hold the switch for a few seconds, and the same
for the height. Then adjust the seat and save.

It seem to reset the memory. The auto power windows are set the same way.

Can’t hurt to try.
Yes, this has been discussed a number of times (including by me who had it happen a few weeks into owning my 2022 ES350 UL). The memory module is the same as in Toyota vehicles and resets the same way, with lots of videos online to show how to do it. Takes a few minutes and resets it all - I haven't had a problem since I reset mine.
Old 08-22-22, 12:56 PM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 122 Posts

The seat going to max height, there is setting the dealer can change to allow that. By default it's turned off so the headrest doesn't chance making contact with the headliner. Go to the dealer and have them change this setting.

Easy seat exit full and partial, it's not a halfway or all the way setting. It just depends on where the seat position is to begin with when the car is turned off. If you have the seat closer to the steering wheel because you're short, setting it to full will not move the seat all the way backwards.

Don't have an answer for the console creak but your car is CPO. Have your dealer look at it.
Old 01-15-23, 09:41 AM
Rcssr
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MY 2019 RC 300 drivers seat does NOT retract at engine stip. The steering wheel retracts fine but the seat does not move. The easy exit setting is set to full and cycling that setting has no effect. The seat works fine in every way, including memory, except that. Does it have to be programmed or reset in order to work? Curios that the steering wheel retracts just fine. Lexus dealer could not fix it they said.Additionally when I downloaded the app and set the car up there, the remote start with the key fob (lock 3 times and hold) stopped working. Now I can only remote start with the app on my iPhone. Why can’t remote start work with both?
Old 01-16-23, 09:41 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rcssr
MY 2019 RC 300 drivers seat does NOT retract at engine stip. The steering wheel retracts fine but the seat does not move. The easy exit setting is set to full and cycling that setting has no effect. The seat works fine in every way, including memory, except that. Does it have to be programmed or reset in order to work? Curios that the steering wheel retracts just fine. Lexus dealer could not fix it they said.Additionally when I downloaded the app and set the car up there, the remote start with the key fob (lock 3 times and hold) stopped working. Now I can only remote start with the app on my iPhone. Why can’t remote start work with both?
Maybe post in the RC forum.
Old 01-16-23, 09:58 AM
Rcssr
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am new to this site and do not know how to do that. Additionally I am told by other owners that this feature is NOT unique to a model like the RC. Most late model cars all enjoy this feature so the problem lies with Lexus, not just my model.
Thanks for the reply
Old 01-16-23, 10:18 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rcssr
I am new to this site and do not know how to do that. Additionally I am told by other owners that this feature is NOT unique to a model like the RC. Most late model cars all enjoy this feature so the problem lies with Lexus, not just my model.
Thanks for the reply
Just go to the top, click the link LEXUS MODEL FORUMS and then choose RC for the GEN you have. Here is the link: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...5-present-258/