ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Sold Lease to Carvana - $12,854 check

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-22 | 09:35 AM
patnic517
Driver

Default Sold Lease to Carvana - $12,854 check

Well, just completed the process of selling my lease (2019 ES350 with premium package) to Carvana. Very easy process. They offered me $35,954. The lease payoff was $23,099. So I received a check for $12.854. I went back to look at my original post on "Prices Paid".- see below. I think I did well overall!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, pulled the trigger today. Base with premium package msrp $45,217. No dealer add-ons. Atomic Silver with Chateau. Without any rebates my selling price was $39,200. The other dealer I was working with said they could beat that price, but I didn't like the manager, I wasn't going to hassle back and forth over a couple of bucks, and the selling dealership was already in the process of and getting my car on their lot. Bonus - it's the closest dealer to me.

Date Purchased 8/31/2019
  • Location(State): Michigan
  • Trim (Luxury, UL, Fsport,....etc.): Base with Premium package
  • MSRP: $45,217
  • Selling price before Tax Title License (TTL): $39,200 - this is without any Lexus cash/rebates
I want to thank everyone on this board with all the information. I started out about a month ago at 9% off of MSRP!
The following 2 users liked this post by patnic517:
Jack1986 (09-05-22), Moorekx (09-08-22)
Old 09-02-22 | 10:05 AM
Shaboom
Racer

Same car I bought in 2021 for just about same discount. Maybe a bit more knocked off as there was also a $1500 Lexus rebate during those Covid months and the dealer also threw in anti-ding door strips and plastic trunk/bumper protector strip. Very happy with it, except that the Car Play isn't wireless. Yours is.
Did you get 17" wheels or 18's? In 2021 the 18"'s weren't an available option on Base model. I regretted it then but I'm happy with them now as the ride is incredibly smooth and quiet. If you didn't get the spoiler, think about. I think it makes quite an appearance difference and it's only a couple hundred dollars.
Enjoy your car. No problems with mine of any kind at all, as expected. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Incidentally I also sold my "trade-in" to Caravan and did way better with them than the dealer was willing to pay me. They made it very easy, too.
Old 09-02-22 | 10:21 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Very cool. Was thinking of doing the same. I have about 12k (if the buy quotes are to be believed) equity as well. Problem is getting another car where the markup doesn't offset my equity to the point where i'm just spinning my wheels and driving something less. What car are you getting?
Old 09-02-22 | 06:49 PM
patnic517
Driver

Not replacing at this time. I'm just gonna suck it up and drive our Toyota Sienna for the next year or two and hope things calm down in the leasing world....
The following users liked this post:
LexFinally (09-02-22)
Old 09-06-22 | 09:16 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

So just for fun i asked for a lease quote on a 22 base-premium (same car as mine w/ 47k msrp).

markup was around $9,500 with dealer-trash. things i've never even heard of.

so resulted in 10k down, $1,030 a month, 36 mos. lol. sure...

i'll be driving my ES into the sunset!
Old 09-06-22 | 09:32 AM
ionian
Instructor

Originally Posted by E46CT

so resulted in 10k down, $1,030 a month, 36 mos.
That is insane. I too will drive mine into sunset. All paid off long ago. Coming from Audi I love not being on first name basis with service bay guys.

The following 2 users liked this post by ionian:
LS500Fan (09-06-22), Moorekx (09-08-22)
Old 09-06-22 | 10:29 AM
LexFinally
Pole Position

Originally Posted by E46CT
So just for fun i asked for a lease quote on a 22 base-premium (same car as mine w/ 47k msrp).

markup was around $9,500 with dealer-trash. things i've never even heard of.

so resulted in 10k down, $1,030 a month, 36 mos. lol. sure...

i'll be driving my ES into the sunset!
And the option to do so, ladies and gentlemen, is why you buy an ES rather than a German or Korean competitor.
LS500Fan (09-06-22)
Old 09-07-22 | 07:59 AM
alextv
Instructor

I was looking at also using my equity on a trade and lease the 2023 UL. Just by looking at a 2022 UL now and adjusting cash down to come up with my vehicle adjusted cap cost shows a lease payment of over $200 more per month than what I am paying now. Will have to see when an actual 2023 UL is scheduled to be built with price availability to see what kind of a deal can be made. Told them I would have to have an exceptional deal to make me switch but preliminary looking now looks like equity would be eaten up by paying msrp and interest rate and economic environment. Prime rate now is 5.5% and during the Jimmy Carter years it reached 21.5% which hopefully we are not heading towards. I may look back at this and say this was a good deal but surely not now and will probably just buy my car at lease end and look in 2025 when Lexus introduces 20 new vehicles. By that time I will be able to see if the infrastructure and power grid are fast moving towards being able to accommodate BEV vehicles.
Old 09-08-22 | 01:05 PM
Moorekx
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ionian
That is insane. I too will drive mine into sunset. All paid off long ago. Coming from Audi I love not being on first name basis with service bay guys.
Too funny, my last two cars were both Audis and I know every person in the service department by name….lol….too funny!!
The following 2 users liked this post by Moorekx:
LS500Fan (09-08-22), TechNut (09-09-22)
Old 09-08-22 | 02:06 PM
Shaboom
Racer

I have an Audi convertible bought new with now only 14,000 miles. Very pleased with it so far. When will my troubles begin?
Old 09-08-22 | 02:13 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Shaboom
I have an Audi convertible bought new with now only 14,000 miles. Very pleased with it so far. When will my troubles begin?
Any moment now....

Seriously, before our two current cars we had a Q5 and an A6 and they were both great with no major issues. Just a couple of service bulletins and one recall that were taken care of when in for service.
Old 09-08-22 | 05:02 PM
ionian
Instructor

Your honeymoon will probably come to an end soon. Again maybe you get lucky and go another year or two trouble-free. I got about $10k worth of warranty work done in the 28k miles I had it. The car was fast, fun, and handles well. Sometimes I miss it.
Old 09-09-22 | 04:20 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ionian
Wise choice. The ES is by far the most popular selling luxury sedan. Lexus #1 in lowest depreciation, #1 in loyalty, #3 in sales experience #1 in service, only car manufacturer in the list of the most trusted brands globally and #1 in reliability by Consumer Reports. J D Power over the last 13 years has Lexus #1 in dependability 11 times, #2 once and #6 once. You pick the manufacturer and they would give anything to be at the top of the list in any one of these categories let alone all six.
LexFinally (09-09-22)
Old 09-09-22 | 09:39 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

You gotta pay to play.

Want precise driving dynamics, modern electronics, fancy features/sensors/assists (good ones too, not mediocre half baked ones), then you'll pay for those innovations. more simpler=more reliable. downside is the feel tends to be not as good, the fun not as good.. etc etc.

Most of the stuff we have today was because germans took initiative and innovated and gambled on it. and the same tradition holds true today. So I never forget to "respect your elders."

Just depends what *you* value most. boring/mediocre/reliable or cutting edge/new/modern but not as reliable.

in my old man state/stage, i prefer boring. i don't really need or want my car to be exciting anymore. been there done that. i respect both sides of the coins though and both have their pros and cons. i'm not the type to throw up "gang signs" at "the other side" because i feel my side is better. both sides are better in their own ways =)
Old 09-10-22 | 12:42 AM
Moorekx
Pit Crew

Don’t get me wrong… I loved driving my Audis…. But high performance cars need constant attention to keep them at 100% which I did while they were still under factory warranty. Without knowing which model you have I’d say pay attention to your coolant level. If it needs topping then you most likely have a leak. The use of plastic water pumps and thermostat housings is a weak spot in Audis. I found avoiding jarring potholes, railroad tracks, etc beneficial. I think the plastic is prone to crack especially when cold. Hope that helps!! PS: Sell before the factory warranty expires…

Quick Reply: Sold Lease to Carvana - $12,854 check