ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Is Brown Interior Color Gone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-22, 08:43 AM
Shaboom
Racer

Received 486 Likes on 344 Posts
Default Is Brown Interior Color Gone?

When I bought my 2021 350 ES Atomic Silver with Acorn (I think that's what they called the color) seats, I was thrilled and sold on the car right away because the dash, carpet and doors were chocolate brown. Beautiful brown threading all around. I very much preferred it to the flat black alternative. I'm looking at the following years models and no longer see the brown option. It's always black dash, black carpet with every color upholstery. Am I missing something? If I'm right, it's just one more reason for me to keep 2021 forever!
Old 09-03-22, 08:50 AM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 475 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaboom
When I bought my 2021 350 ES Atomic Silver with Acorn (I think that's what they called the color) seats, I was thrilled and sold on the car right away because the dash, carpet and doors were chocolate brown. Beautiful brown threading all around. I very much preferred it to the flat black alternative. I'm looking at the following years models and no longer see the brown option. It's always black dash, black carpet with every color upholstery. Am I missing something? If I'm right, it's just one more reason for me to keep 2021 forever!
Doesn't seem like the option is available anymore in their builder. Could be due to a number of reasons including shortages or maybe just decision up at a high level that the current color scheme is what's best for now.
Old 09-03-22, 09:41 AM
Shaboom
Racer

Originally Posted by dezymond
Doesn't seem like the option is available anymore in their builder. Could be due to a number of reasons including shortages or maybe just decision up at a high level that the current color scheme is what's best for now.
Or more likely just less costly for them to simply produce/buy one color and just pop in the black carpet, dash, etc. without having to deal with alternatives. It's a shame, though, as I find the brown set off colors quite beautiful and rich looking.
The following 2 users liked this post by Shaboom:
Freds430 (09-03-22), GS350Miami (09-04-22)
Old 09-03-22, 10:50 AM
dezymond
Instructor

Or more likely just less costly for them to simply produce/buy one color and just pop in the black carpet, dash, etc. without having to deal with alternatives. It's a shame, though, as I find the brown set off colors quite beautiful and rich looking.
Considering the 7ES is near end of life, wouldn't be surprised if they're cutting costs.

Do you mind posting some pictures of your interior? I would like to see how it looks.
Old 09-03-22, 11:31 AM
Shaboom
Racer

Default Brown Carpet, Dash, Doors and Steering Wheel

Considering the 7ES is near end of life, wouldn't be surprised if they're cutting costs.

Do you mind posting some pictures of your interior? I would like to see how it looks.

The following users liked this post:
GS350Miami (09-04-22)
Old 09-03-22, 11:44 AM
dezymond
Instructor

I haven't seen an ES with that dash in person, but it does seem to give a bit of a retro feel to the interior. Not what I would choose, but glad you like it. Definitely stick with your current ES and maybe more color options will be available for the 8ES
Old 09-03-22, 12:37 PM
Shaboom
Racer

I haven't seen an ES with that dash in person, but it does seem to give a bit of a retro feel to the interior. Not what I would choose, but glad you like it. Definitely stick with your current ES and maybe more color options will be available for the 8ES
At 75, I'm allowed to be bit "old school," I think. Just don't care for that sort of flat black interior so many companies are putting in their cabins. It just seems "going through the motions" rather than providing a rich looking, plush interior. Those Cadillac Brougham, Buick Roadmaster, Lincoln, Olds 98 Regency, Mercedes luxury interiors back in the day were unforgettable. Pleated velours, leather with tufts of material and choice of several colors---all just gorgeous. Guess times have changed...
Old 09-03-22, 12:38 PM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,133 Likes on 733 Posts

Agree with the noble brown carpet, dash and door inserts. It was unique but even better it did not show the dust and lint like a black dash and carpet.
Old 09-03-22, 12:43 PM
dezymond
Instructor

At 75, I'm allowed to be bit "old school," I think. Just don't care for that sort of flat black interior so many companies are putting in their cabins. It just seems "going through the motions" rather than providing a rich looking, plush interior. Those Cadillac Brougham, Buick Roadmaster, Lincoln, Olds 98 Regency, Mercedes luxury interiors back in the day were unforgettable. Pleated velours, leather with tufts of material and choice of several colors---all just gorgeous. Guess times have changed...
For sure, to each their own. I'm not bashing it at all, I'm just saying it's not for me, like how the flat black interior isn't for you. It's a bit sad to see that Lexus isn't offering more of a variety now.

I wish they built cars like they used to. We had a 99 E320 in the family for over 20yrs and my dad finally let it go early this year. Thing was an absolute tank and the quality of the interior, and parts in general, are unmatched. It just needed a bit too much work and wasn't worth keeping around. Much like everything, quality of materials and craftsmanship has gone down. Heck, utilities have a shelf life of 6-8 years now. My family had a fridge from the 90s when I was a kid still in the home until 2013 when it finally died.
Old 09-03-22, 01:33 PM
RKF350
Intermediate

Received 123 Likes on 65 Posts

My 2016 and 2018 had this brown with Parchment.

I liked it but I actually had people say they did not like it and one asked if I picked it. LOL

Old 09-03-22, 07:14 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

Simply consumer demand in all likelihood.
Old 09-03-22, 07:26 PM
Shaboom
Racer

Yours is beautiful, too. All much black just makes the cabin so dark and dreary looking.
The following users liked this post:
Freds430 (09-04-22)
Old 09-03-22, 07:46 PM
RKF350
Intermediate

Received 123 Likes on 65 Posts

On my 2022 300h I wanted something different. I’ve had “beige” interiors since 1992!

I went with a black interior. The black interior has a light grey headliner and the black to me is more of a dark grey. Exterior is Eminent white Pearl.

For me, it was time for a change.

Old 09-03-22, 09:16 PM
LS500Fan
Instructor

Received 520 Likes on 319 Posts

I went from a 2018 LS500 with the dark brown everywhere with light seats to the 2022 ES300h with the peanut butter interior but with black dash & carpets.

I feel the dark brown everything is dated now. I like the sharp contrast between the black and the brown in my new ES, it looks sharp, "crisp".
Old 09-04-22, 05:08 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,300 Likes on 905 Posts

The color was "Flaxen"... I have the same car Atomic Silver with Flaxen interior...

Quick Reply: Is Brown Interior Color Gone?