ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Verify the trim level

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-22, 02:35 AM
JamesAZ
Intermediate

Received 162 Likes on 93 Posts
Default Verify the trim level

So I just came across a car a few hours away that meets all of my specifications: A fully loaded Ultra Luxury. But I'm worried it might "just" be a fully loaded regular Luxury. A big reason why I want the Ultra Luxury is due to the semi-aniline seats. The car has the typical Ultra Luxury options though like the triple beam headlights, Mark Levinson, noise canceling wheels, and the Panoramic view monitor. Is there any way to tell via photos, or even have them verify it via the sticker on the door? I figured I could verify it via photos since I always assumed the semi-aniline seats have a different design, but looking at photos of other cars, maybe not...

Photo of the seats if that alone will answer my question:

EDIT:

Okay, so just saw this, it seems it has the button for the rear window shade, so I'd assume that would be a good way to verify as from my understanding that's only available on the Ultra Luxury:

Last edited by JamesAZ; 09-14-22 at 03:17 AM.
Old 09-14-22, 06:03 AM
UTChE96
Driver

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

Does it have birds eye view? My recollection is that only the UL trim has that.
Old 09-14-22, 06:46 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

If you can get the VIN you can look it up using one of the decoders. It should confirm the trim level.
Old 09-14-22, 07:37 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,155 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Just as fun tidbit... In Japan (and probably other ROW areas) it seems the UL gets the ultra plush high end Lexus carpeting. that would be so cool to have. i haven't seen US cars with that.

i knnow you can buy it and just throw it on. but $$$$
Old 09-14-22, 08:16 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 714 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by UTChE96
Does it have birds eye view? My recollection is that only the UL trim has that.
My Luxury model has the birds eye view as well as HUD and the rear window shade. If it’s a 350 (versus the 300h), a panoramic sunroof would also confirm it as a UL model.
The following users liked this post:
JamesAZ (09-14-22)
Old 09-14-22, 09:01 AM
UTChE96
Driver

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by TechNut
My Luxury model has the birds eye view as well as HUD and the rear window shade. If it’s a 350 (versus the 300h), a panoramic sunroof would also confirm it as a UL model.
Good to know. Is it standard on the luxury model or an option? I can't find that listed on the trim comparison.
Old 09-14-22, 10:42 AM
JamesAZ
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LexBob2
If you can get the VIN you can look it up using one of the decoders. It should confirm the trim level.
I did, and one of them said it was only a Luxury, hence the concern. But it feels like it would be super rare to have a fully loaded Luxury as opposed to it being a fully loaded Ultra Luxury.

Originally Posted by TechNut
Really? I didn't know the regular Luxury had the power rear window shade. But the Luxury doesn't have the option for a panoramic sunroof...? I could have sworn you could get one on the 350 Luxury.
Old 09-14-22, 11:21 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 643 Likes on 483 Posts

As Bob stated:
Originally Posted by LexBob2
Do you have a VIN?
Old 09-14-22, 12:06 PM
JamesAZ
Intermediate

I do, and I went ahead and actually added it to my garage on Lexus.com, which only raised more questions:

Verify the trim level-taqbcc0.png
It says it's an Ultra Luxury, but it also doesn't mention anything about the triple beam headlights, Mark Levinson, and panoramic roof all of which I've verified via photos it has. So it's just a bit convoluted... But it could also just not show options for some reason, just the "standard" features, but I could recall the old Lexus.com VIN lookup showcasing options...
Old 09-14-22, 12:08 PM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 163 Likes on 121 Posts

You have the UL if the VIN says you do. Triple beam headlights, Levinson and pano roof are all additional options that are not part of the UL package.

Last edited by offroad200; 09-14-22 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-14-22, 12:18 PM
JamesAZ
Intermediate

Originally Posted by offroad200
You have the UL if the VIN says you do. Triple beam headlights, Levinson and pano roof are all additional options that are not part of the UL package.
​​​​​
I know they're not part of the Ultra Luxury package, but there used to be a VIN decoder on the Lexus website that actually would list out each individual option. So the fact that this one doesn't is odd.

Okay, just verified with a buddy of mine with a Lexus, and stated it doesn't list out the options for his either, just the trim level. So I guess I'll assume it's accurate and verify it all via a test drive.

Last edited by JamesAZ; 09-14-22 at 12:25 PM.
offroad200 (09-14-22)
Old 09-14-22, 01:08 PM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 974 Likes on 733 Posts

Does it have the rear side curtains? If yes then it is in fact the UL.
The following 3 users liked this post by ESh:
JamesAZ (09-14-22), LexFinally (09-14-22), UltraLux22 (09-14-22)
Old 09-14-22, 01:17 PM
grp52
Instructor

Received 513 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by JamesAZ
​​​​​
I know they're not part of the Ultra Luxury package, but there used to be a VIN decoder on the Lexus website that actually would list out each individual option. So the fact that this one doesn't is odd.
One guaranteed item that holds true across all the model years' changing equipment options to separate a Luxury model from an Ultra Luxury model is whether or not "manual rear-door sunshades" are present. No matter the model year only the Ultra Luxury model has those present as standard equipment and they are not obtainable on any other model type in any 7th generation model year.

Originally Posted by JamesAZ
​​​​​
Okay, just verified with a buddy of mine with a Lexus, and stated it doesn't list out the options for his either, just the trim level. So I guess I'll assume it's accurate and verify it all via a test drive.
Hmm... In the iPadOS Lexus app under "Glovebox Specs, manuals" -> "Specs & Capabilities" -> Vehicle Info "Specifications" tab does list for my 2019 Ultra Luxury all the port and factory installed options. HUD, triple beam LED headlights, navigation/Mark Levinson audio package, and etc. features are all listed.

Hard to tell what's going on with the various Lexus "official" VIN decoders. I'll note the Lexus developers have been busy little beavers with all the improving, under maintenance, and general pot stirring with the Lexus Drivers web site and the Lexus app for the past many months.
The following 3 users liked this post by grp52:
JamesAZ (09-14-22), LexFinally (09-14-22), UltraLux22 (09-15-22)
Old 09-14-22, 01:22 PM
JamesAZ
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ESh
Does it have the rear side curtains? If yes then it is in fact the UL.
Originally Posted by grp52
One guaranteed item that holds true across all the model years' changing equipment options to separate a Luxury model from an Ultra Luxury model is whether or not "manual rear-door sunshades" are present. No matter the model year only the Ultra Luxury model has those present as standard equipment and they are not obtainable on any other model type in any 7th generation model year.
This was on my mind, but this definitely confirms that'll be the sure way to verify it. Thanks!

Originally Posted by grp52
Hmm... In the iPadOS Lexus app under "Glovebox Specs, manuals" -> "Specs & Capabilities" -> Vehicle Info "Specifications" tab does list for my 2019 Ultra Luxury all the port and factory installed options. HUD, triple beam LED headlights, navigation/Mark Levinson audio package, and etc. features are all listed.
​​​​​​
I'll check that out to double-check, can never be too sure!
Old 09-14-22, 02:00 PM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 974 Likes on 733 Posts

This is the shade:

Also, it has the HUD so 100% UL.
JamesAZ (09-14-22)

Quick Reply: Verify the trim level