ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Need help buying a 2022-23 es300 hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-22, 03:09 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Originally Posted by dezymond
I have the 2022 ES 300h F Sport and have been very happy with it. There's a few minor gripes I have with the how Lexus decided to option out the trim, but oh well.

In my 6k miles of driving over the last 4 months, I love it. Looks damn good, has excellent fuel economy, very comfortable, very quiet, and has a bunch of a nice features.

Pros:
- Everything listed above
- UI is great with a nice huge screen. I only wish that Android Auto takes up the whole screen, and I think CarPlay does. (No, I don't like the iPhone and I have tried it many times throughout the years.)
- Kick sensor trunk, this was way underrated for me and an option I initially didn't want. It's been super helpful and am glad my allocated unit has it.
- Headlights illuminate sides more when turning. This is an underrated feature, but I think the biggest thing against it are the bigger pillars, but perhaps that may just be due to my seating position. Either way they're super helpful and pretty cool feature.
- The car handles very well and is well planted imo. Sure there's some body roll, but nothing compared to my old ride which was advertised as a sports sedan but was far from it. I love how low the ES sits and feels.

Cons:
- F Sport doesn't come with memory seats. This is a $55-60k luxury vehicle depending on options and none of it includes memory seats. Bad move imo Lexus.
- Auto reverse side mirror tilt. (Same gripe as above)
- App is slow as can be, get it together Toyota/Lexus.
- Wish there were accent lighting inside
Wow no memory seats? Odd because that for sure is available on the 350 (or I would have never bought mine).
The following users liked this post:
Mrbungle11 (10-11-22)
Old 10-09-22, 03:23 PM
grp52
Instructor

Received 513 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Wow no memory seats? Odd because that for sure is available on the 350 (or I would have never bought mine).
Lexus made a bunch of changes to the ES 300h F Sport offering. For 2023 Lexus split the older 2022 300h F Sport offering into two model types - ES 300h F Sport Design and ES 300h F Sport Handling - and greatly expanded the features available with both types.

One of the expanded features was making the "
Lexus Memory System" and "Easy access driver's seat and power tilt-and-telescopic steering wheel" standard features for those two F Sport model types.
Mrbungle11 (10-11-22)
Old 10-09-22, 03:25 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 467 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Yeah, dumb omission. I mean I don't mind it too much cause I do switch up my seat often, but when I take it in for service and their techs change the seat, that's when it would be helpful.
Mrbungle11 (10-11-22)
Old 10-09-22, 05:46 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dezymond
Yeah, dumb omission. I mean I don't mind it too much cause I do switch up my seat often, but when I take it in for service and their techs change the seat, that's when it would be helpful.
Inexcusable at this price point.
The following 2 users liked this post by mikemu30:
dezymond (10-10-22), Mrbungle11 (10-11-22)
Old 10-10-22, 07:36 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,155 Likes on 1,619 Posts

I would go with F Sport because it gives you stuff that's going to be more noticeable/meaningful on a daily basis. At its core the ES, regardless of trim, uses the Camry architecture to a near 100% level, so what you're going to feel, even with UL, is Camry engineering. Camry chassis behavior, etc. That's a $60,000 Camry essentially. Not a BAD thing necessarily, but not something you'll feel particularly good about after a few months.

Sure the UL will be a tad quieter (in theory) but it's still going to have cheap feeling/sounding door closing, still will have a somewhat harsh ride, still will have thin parts in places, so you may as well get something that will differentiate your ES from another by getting the F Sport. You'll get unique front bumper and grill, unique interior/exterior color options, and unique headliner (IIRC) that you cannot get with the UL.

Sure get the UL and you'll get the two layer side front glass ($150 each on ebay by the way) and the wheels (they're heavy and while quieter, will eat more fuel). Yes you'll get unique seats, but you'll get unique seats w/ the sportier F sport as well. I think the F Sport Hybrid (sorry Mike) vs. the UL Hybrid is more appealing at this stage of the car's life since really you can only get such a car in 2022 and beyond. It's like a new model vs. a four year old car. Get a 22/23 UL and you basically are the same as a 2019 =D

The following 2 users liked this post by E46CT:
mikemu30 (10-10-22), Mrbungle11 (10-11-22)
Old 10-10-22, 09:21 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by E46CT
I would go with F Sport because it gives you stuff that's going to be more noticeable/meaningful on a daily basis. At its core the ES, regardless of trim, uses the Camry architecture to a near 100% level, so what you're going to feel, even with UL, is Camry engineering. Camry chassis behavior, etc. That's a $60,000 Camry essentially. Not a BAD thing necessarily, but not something you'll feel particularly good about after a few months.

Sure the UL will be a tad quieter (in theory) but it's still going to have cheap feeling/sounding door closing, still will have a somewhat harsh ride, still will have thin parts in places, so you may as well get something that will differentiate your ES from another by getting the F Sport. You'll get unique front bumper and grill, unique interior/exterior color options, and unique headliner (IIRC) that you cannot get with the UL.

Sure get the UL and you'll get the two layer side front glass ($150 each on ebay by the way) and the wheels (they're heavy and while quieter, will eat more fuel). Yes you'll get unique seats, but you'll get unique seats w/ the sportier F sport as well. I think the F Sport Hybrid (sorry Mike) vs. the UL Hybrid is more appealing at this stage of the car's life since really you can only get such a car in 2022 and beyond. It's like a new model vs. a four year old car. Get a 22/23 UL and you basically are the same as a 2019 =D
Who knows our next car might just be a hybrid Stay tuned. My wife still loves her 2017 RX and has no interest trading it yet.
The following 2 users liked this post by mikemu30:
E46CT (10-10-22), Mrbungle11 (10-11-22)
Old 10-10-22, 12:29 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 927 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT

CT, I often respect and defer to your knowledge, but this post is just sloppy and ridiculous. And I'm not saying that just because I'm biased as a UL owner.

Other than the variable adaptive suspension (a feature that's not on all F Sports, and was available on some Avalons), the UL is no more Camry-like than the F Sport is. It does not have a Camry grille or headliner or a Camry interior/exterior, any more than the F Sport does. And all the supposed problems you exaggerate about the UL in terms of thinness/cheapness/harshness are exactly the same on the F Sport, except worse because the F Sport has less soundproofing in 3 different places plus a harsher ride in the sport-suspension version. It would make exactly as much sense to flip your argument and say you should get a UL because the F Sport is just like a sport-trimmed Camry XSE V6.

You know better than this. Why did you even post it?
The following 2 users liked this post by LexFinally:
Jsigma87 (10-12-22), Mrbungle11 (10-11-22)
Old 10-10-22, 01:57 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexFinally
CT, I often respect and defer to your knowledge, but this post is just sloppy and ridiculous. And I'm not saying that just because I'm biased as a UL owner.

Other than the variable adaptive suspension (a feature that's not on all F Sports, and was available on some Avalons), the UL is no more Camry-like than the F Sport is. It does not have a Camry grille or headliner or a Camry interior/exterior, any more than the F Sport does. And all the supposed problems you exaggerate about the UL in terms of thinness/cheapness/harshness are exactly the same on the F Sport, except worse because the F Sport has less soundproofing in 3 different places plus a harsher ride in the sport-suspension version. It would make exactly as much sense to flip your argument and say you should get a UL because the F Sport is just like a sport-trimmed Camry XSE V6.

Calm down it's all subjective.
Mrbungle11 (10-11-22)
Old 10-10-22, 05:20 PM
july1988
Intermediate

Received 147 Likes on 105 Posts

I don't think any F-sport trim (Hybrid or non-hybrid) will offer 360 view camera (hell I think they don't even offer front camera), no panoramic sunroof, they have very uncomfortable seats I am telling you , if you were considering buying an LS, need to go with UL trim, it does offer red interior too
Mrbungle11 (10-11-22)
Old 10-10-22, 06:48 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 513 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by july1988
I don't think any F-sport trim (Hybrid or non-hybrid) will offer 360 view camera (hell I think they don't even offer front camera)
These 2 F Sport trims DO have the option to include Panoramic View Monitor.

ES 300h F SPORT HANDLING
ES 350 F SPORT HANDLING

These 3 F Sport trims DO NOT have the option for Panoramic View Monitor

ES 250 F SPORT DESIGN AWD

ES 300h F SPORT DESIGN
ES 350 F SPORT DESIGN

The following 2 users liked this post by UltraLux22:
LexFinally (10-11-22), Mrbungle11 (10-11-22)
Old 10-10-22, 10:19 PM
JamesAZ
Intermediate

Received 162 Likes on 93 Posts

I agree. If I wanted a sporty car I would have gone with an IS/RC, but I wanted a luxury car, so not only did I get an ES, I got the Ultra Luxury trim since to me the F-Sport just isn't an ES to me. The same goes for the LS. OP is clearly looking for a comfortable riding luxury car, not an "Oh look at me and my "sports" car!". And as for the unique seats in both cars, the only unique thing about the F Sport is the colors. To me, I'd much rather get a much more comfortable seat than one that's just red. Granted, that's all subjective and differs from driver to driver.

But to say the UL is quieter in theory is flat-out false. Auto manufacturers wouldn't be adding acoustic laminated windows to their cars if they didn't make a noticeable difference, especially considering the fact that they're more dangerous than standard tempered windows.

Again, everyone has different preferences, but don't go making false statements in order to justify your choice of vehicle.
The following 2 users liked this post by JamesAZ:
LexFinally (10-11-22), Mrbungle11 (10-11-22)
Old 10-10-22, 11:44 PM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Am I reading this correctly that you fill up 3-4 times a week with an 80 mile/day commute?
I fill up every two days but with like 40 miles left on the tank if I put in 12 buck ( with the 40 ish miles left in the tank) I can work another day but then it would be on almost empty at the end of the night so that when I need a full up.
I only add $12 if I’m lazy or in a rush.
Old 10-10-22, 11:49 PM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

Originally Posted by UltraLux22
Production has ended for the 22 model year for the ES and while production may be starting for 23, It’ll be some time for loaded luxury and ultra luxury models to become available. Ultra luxury is going to be your best bet because it has the most features options available included with the trim. Several features that you might find in ultra luxury trim, or even luxury trim will not be available in F sport if that’s what you’re looking for. Given the current market conditions, inventory levels are extremely low, so good luck in trying to find what you’re looking for. You will need it and will likely have to search outside your area to find it.
I went to the dealership and the car was on the lot but was sold..

your right .!!!
driving to out of state tomm to see another one..
these cars are selling like hot cakes it’s not even funny..
First major new car purchase I’m gonna drive it until forever!!
Wanted to purchase a custom build but the salesman said at least four months or was sure
He said they making more gas engines than hybrids for orders which I don’t know if he’s right or wrong but sounds weird Since that’s where the market is heading towards in the future
I think if I waited that long I would just loose interest..

Old 10-10-22, 11:53 PM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ESh
The first reason is the F sport is very Lexus unlike. It does’t have the equipment that the Luxury/UL has, let alone the luxury and feeling. And then, the black wheels…on a Lexus executive sedan…
To be honest the only thing I like about the F sport is the front but with the rims it was two issues for me first the black which I would power coated silver and second it’s 19 inch.

Thats a no no where I live and drive
nyc city Cannot a build a road for nothing.

Not gonna do the f sport it looks beautiful but you have to drive it like an old lady
Old 10-10-22, 11:57 PM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

The short version: F Sport has the sporty look, while UL has leather, extra soundproofing and more toys. (Luxury is just UL with the rear-door manual sunshades removed. You'll find very few of them in the current shortages anyway.)

A surprising number of features are NOT standard, even on UL: panoramic roof, triple beam LED headlights, navigation/Levinson audio. But in the real world, most UL's will be built with them.

If you were getting the V6, the F Sport would also offer the option of an adjustable-firnness suspension. But in the hybrid, it's basically an appearance and interior trim package.

Yeah I’m gonna fall back on the F sport it’s just not worth the headaches
( wheels 19 black The red interior was better on the previous model since it was for red not black and red ) I’m gonna go for the ultra luxury fully loaded it’s weird that Genesis can have a panoramic roof on the hybrids Lexus can’t oh well if I get the car I’m just gonna wrap the roof black

Quick Reply: Need help buying a 2022-23 es300 hybrid