ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Need help buying a 2022-23 es300 hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-22, 12:02 AM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by JamesAZ
The UL is essentially a baby LS. Granted, the Luxury after the 2021MY (iirc) is pretty close to it as well. So you can’t go wrong with the Luxury either if you can’t find an Ultra Luxury.

But to explain why I got an Ultra Luxury over an F Sport to help clear it up:

-18inch vs 19inch rims. Makes for a softer smoother ride
-Acoustic laminated windows. Laminated windows are a huge game changer that it honestly makes me want to find a way to get the rear windows installed with them… if you drive a car without them back to back with a car with them, you’ll easily hear the difference. It’s huge.
-More soundproofing. Even over the Luxury trim. Mostly in the firewall, but it makes the engine sounds super smooth and quiet.
-Semi-aniline leather. Luxury has this too, but the F-Sport doesn’t. It’s really smooth, soft, comfortable, and ages very well.
-14 way seat. I honestly didn’t think I’d care much for the thigh extender, but after I set up my seat perfectly, I quite literally just relax and drive. The thigh extender places my feet perfectly at the pedals so I don’t have to stretch my legs out to reach them. I just sit down, and my feet are already at the pedals.
-Noise cancelling wheels

You are right thank you for your time I am going for the ultra luxury package fully loaded going tomm to see the car only thing it doesn’t have the wood trim Ambien light and doors and trunk sills LED ( I’ll be adding that later)
plus the light color seats are fully one color mostly not like the f sport red black mesh up.
thoese 19 is gonna last me a month.
18s the way the go.!
Old 10-11-22, 12:07 AM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LS500Fan
I traded my LS500 for a ES300h UL earlier this year, no regrets. I miss the massaging seat but don’t miss the laggy powertrain, premium fuel, lack of spare tire, size when parking, etc.

The ES UL really is a baby LS500. They almost even look identical (well before the 21-22 LS headlight redesign).

the ls500h is a joke price and mpg
i was looking for one for months cause I wanted Executive or luxury package
I love that white interior

And that rear screen
but I can get a brand new car for a use one that’s Basically the same besides the beautiful real ls bumper compare to the es

baby ls is fine with me

i see 2018 ls500 for sale like it’s going out of business
Old 10-11-22, 12:13 AM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dezymond
I have the 2022 ES 300h F Sport and have been very happy with it. There's a few minor gripes I have with the how Lexus decided to option out the trim, but oh well.

In my 6k miles of driving over the last 4 months, I love it. Looks damn good, has excellent fuel economy, very comfortable, very quiet, and has a bunch of a nice features.

Pros:
- Everything listed above
- UI is great with a nice huge screen. I only wish that Android Auto takes up the whole screen, and I think CarPlay does. (No, I don't like the iPhone and I have tried it many times throughout the years.)
- Kick sensor trunk, this was way underrated for me and an option I initially didn't want. It's been super helpful and am glad my allocated unit has it.
- Headlights illuminate sides more when turning. This is an underrated feature, but I think the biggest thing against it are the bigger pillars, but perhaps that may just be due to my seating position. Either way they're super helpful and pretty cool feature.
- The car handles very well and is well planted imo. Sure there's some body roll, but nothing compared to my old ride which was advertised as a sports sedan but was far from it. I love how low the ES sits and feels.

Cons:
- F Sport doesn't come with memory seats. This is a $55-60k luxury vehicle depending on options and none of it includes memory seats. Bad move imo Lexus.
- Auto reverse side mirror tilt. (Same gripe as above)
- App is slow as can be, get it together Toyota/Lexus.
- Wish there were accent lighting inside
Wait the mirrors doesn’t tilt when reverse
Only on f sport or all models
I only use my phone so that’s ok.
Just need the maps for streets
how are the 19 where you live (road conditions)
cause where I’m from it’s miss a pothole to hit the other potholes
Ambient lighting I will get that custom made
i have a shop in the Bronx That’s specialize in that
Old 10-11-22, 12:14 AM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mikemu30
That's one person's subjective opinion. Mine is FSport all day. Do you like vanilla ice cream or chocolate?
I want both F sport exterior ultra luxury interior
Old 10-11-22, 12:18 AM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

Originally Posted by E46CT
I would go with F Sport because it gives you stuff that's going to be more noticeable/meaningful on a daily basis. At its core the ES, regardless of trim, uses the Camry architecture to a near 100% level, so what you're going to feel, even with UL, is Camry engineering. Camry chassis behavior, etc. That's a $60,000 Camry essentially. Not a BAD thing necessarily, but not something you'll feel particularly good about after a few months.

Sure the UL will be a tad quieter (in theory) but it's still going to have cheap feeling/sounding door closing, still will have a somewhat harsh ride, still will have thin parts in places, so you may as well get something that will differentiate your ES from another by getting the F Sport. You'll get unique front bumper and grill, unique interior/exterior color options, and unique headliner (IIRC) that you cannot get with the UL.

Sure get the UL and you'll get the two layer side front glass ($150 each on ebay by the way) and the wheels (they're heavy and while quieter, will eat more fuel). Yes you'll get unique seats, but you'll get unique seats w/ the sportier F sport as well. I think the F Sport Hybrid (sorry Mike) vs. the UL Hybrid is more appealing at this stage of the car's life since really you can only get such a car in 2022 and beyond. It's like a new model vs. a four year old car. Get a 22/23 UL and you basically are the same as a 2019 =D
Is Lexus the only company that let you pick one side like it or not with other companies if you pick sport or luxury you could add anything else you want to .
You want hybrid no pano for you .
The only good thing about it is I can buy the ultra luxury and just paint the grill black and the fog light covers.

Old 10-11-22, 12:21 AM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

Originally Posted by UltraLux22
These 2 F Sport trims DO have the option to include Panoramic View Monitor.

ES 300h F SPORT HANDLING
ES 350 F SPORT HANDLING

These 3 F Sport trims DO NOT have the option for Panoramic View Monitor

ES 250 F SPORT DESIGN AWD

ES 300h F SPORT DESIGN
ES 350 F SPORT DESIGN

My question is why why why why if you want something and people are willing to pay for it why not add it to the car that’s the only thing that gets me mad about Lexus

Old 10-11-22, 12:26 AM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JamesAZ
I agree. If I wanted a sporty car I would have gone with an IS/RC, but I wanted a luxury car, so not only did I get an ES, I got the Ultra Luxury trim since to me the F-Sport just isn't an ES to me. The same goes for the LS. OP is clearly looking for a comfortable riding luxury car, not an "Oh look at me and my "sports" car!". And as for the unique seats in both cars, the only unique thing about the F Sport is the colors. To me, I'd much rather get a much more comfortable seat than one that's just red. Granted, that's all subjective and differs from driver to driver.

But to say the UL is quieter in theory is flat-out false. Auto manufacturers wouldn't be adding acoustic laminated windows to their cars if they didn't make a noticeable difference, especially considering the fact that they're more dangerous than standard tempered windows.

Again, everyone has different preferences, but don't go making false statements in order to justify your choice of vehicle.
You’re right I decided to just skip the f sport and go to ultra luxury package because to me it’s just a black grill and black trimmings and calling It f sport
(Which I’m going to paint anyway Black)
plus I prefer 18 wheels 40 is a big no no!!!
The UL has leather 360 camera HUD are all the cool stuff
Old 10-11-22, 12:44 AM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mrbungle11
I love the f sport model rims black trims red black seats.
no Panoramic roof cause a hybrid (darn Lexus)
whats luxury and ultra luxury and f sports.
it’s getting confusing
I will show a link of options listed.
I think it has all I need expect 360 over view camera. Should I go for sport or should I go your ultra luxury. Is the. A different in anything
please help me club Lexus went from looking at. ls500/ls460l now I decided I’ll buy it new and I just don’t want to spend time and

$$ at the pump no more.

car was sold

( take it offline ya jerks wasted a day)

I should have called.

Decided to go with Ultra Luxury
any interior but black don’t care about exterior cause I can also wrap it ask the manager at Lexus IS that ok he said fine if it’s not Electrical to void warranty. Don’t know if it’s BS

anybody knows if the F sport grill is compatible with the regular grill frame and bumper cause the two side vent covers looks the same !

cause I’m gonna tint the chrome trims at a shop so it looks like black chrome ( bootleg )

the turn signal light on the new headlights are sick with the tripe beam headlights..
so sharp..!!!!

pictures don’t do any good for any new Lexus there nothing like it when you see it with your own eyes there’s so many Angles pictures don’t not do it justice..

just wish these cars have foglight it looks so incomplete to me at night

lexus suv has it but not the cars.
Actually most cars don’t have fog lights no more I think thanks to Mercedes

last question gonna wrap the roof black
Should the antenna be the same color or black thank you all for your replies I really appreciate it hopefully I can get the car I want
should be antenna the same color or also black thank you all for your replies I really appreciate it hopefully I can get the car I want

life is funny I can finally afford a new car when there a shortage.

thank you Buddha!!!!

Old 10-11-22, 01:08 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 537 Likes on 372 Posts

Production has ended for the 22 model year for the ES and while production may be starting for 23, It’ll be some time for loaded luxury and ultra luxury models to become available. Given the current market conditions, inventory levels are extremely low, so good luck in trying to find what you’re looking for. You will need it and will likely have to search outside your area to find it.
I went to the dealership and the car was on the lot but was sold..

your right .!!!
driving to out of state tomm to see another one..
these cars are selling like hot cakes it’s not even funny..
First major new car purchase I’m gonna drive it until forever!!
Wanted to purchase a custom build but the salesman said at least four months or was sure
He said they making more gas engines than hybrids for orders which I don’t know if he’s right or wrong but sounds weird Since that’s where the market is heading towards in the future
I think if I waited that long I would just loose interest..
At my local dealer, the only ES models listed are all 2023 and are 350 F Sport and premium packages. As I mentioned previously, it's likely Lux and UL will be sometime before we see any advertised. If someone was able to track down a Lux. or UL then be prepared to pay. Makes me wonder if I should consider selling my '22 350 UL privately. I doubt there will be many used 22's on the market.
The following users liked this post:
Mrbungle11 (10-11-22)
Old 10-11-22, 02:04 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

car was sold

( take it offline ya jerks wasted a day)

I should have called.
Not to sound condescending in saying this but you've learned the hard way and gained perspective that many buyers still have difficulty grasping. Dealer sites give the appearance of surplus inventory yet that doesn't equate to reality. In some ways buyers may see this as subterfuge and end up disenchanted in the process. Now, more than ever, it's imperative to check with the dealer beforehand about any models you might be interested in regarding availability. Many dealers don't completely control certain aspects of their own sites and they or site admins. can be slow to update/modify their inventory. Many sites will list all incoming vehicles regardless of being pre sold or not. Assuming most inventory is pre sold is a safe bet until you get confirmation, and even then....

Last edited by UltraLux22; 10-11-22 at 08:19 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by UltraLux22:
LexFinally (10-11-22), Mrbungle11 (10-11-22)
Old 10-11-22, 11:42 PM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

Not to sound condescending in saying this but you've learned the hard way and gained perspective that many buyers still have difficulty grasping. Dealer sites give the appearance of surplus inventory yet that doesn't equate to reality. In some ways buyers may see this as subterfuge and end up disenchanted in the process. Now, more than ever, it's imperative to check with the dealer beforehand about any models you might be interested in regarding availability. Many dealers don't completely control certain aspects of their own sites and they or site admins. can be slow to update/modify their inventory. Many sites will list all incoming vehicles regardless of being pre sold or not. Assuming most inventory is pre sold is a safe bet until you get confirmation, and even then....

I know that was my fault...
but also a great experience since I got to see the cars in person and let me know ya it’s 100% in person than I picture.
I was the cream interior and fell In love!!!!!!
Old 10-11-22, 11:51 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

I know that was my fault...
but also a great experience since I got to see the cars in person and let me know ya it’s 100% in person than I picture.
I was the cream interior and fell In love!!!!!!
Glad you were able to turn it into a positive experience!
Mrbungle11 (10-11-22)
Old 10-11-22, 11:54 PM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

At my local dealer, the only ES models listed are all 2023 and are 350 F Sport and premium packages. As I mentioned previously, it's likely Lux and UL will be sometime before we see any advertised. If someone was able to track down a Lux. or UL then be prepared to pay. Makes me wonder if I should consider selling my '22 350 UL privately. I doubt there will be many used 22's on the market.

I got her had to drive 5 hours 3 hours in the dealership cause I left half the cash at home like a dumbass and 5 hours back.

tired as hell just got home

2022 Lexus ES300h ultra luxury fully loaded
expect the doors and trunk led trims .

thats my next project.

moonbeam ext
cream int

btw the rader cruise control and the automatic led headlights are officially usefull..

Poor bugs on the way back
ESh (10-13-22)
Old 10-12-22, 12:00 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

I got her had to drive 5 hours 3 hours in the dealership cause I left half the cash at home like a dumbass and 5 hours back.

tired as hell just got home

2022 Lexus ES300h ultra luxury fully loaded
expect the doors and trunk led trims .

thats my next project.

moonbeam ext
cream int

btw the rader cruise control and the automatic led headlights are officially usefull..

Poor bugs on the way back
It sounds like you are happy with your new ride! That's fantastic! Don't forget to post pics and introduce "her" to us in the "Member Introduction" sticky. Yes, dynamic cruise control is one of my favs. too!
Mrbungle11 (10-12-22)
Old 10-12-22, 01:07 AM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

It sounds like you are happy with your new ride! That's fantastic! Don't forget to post pics and introduce "her" to us in the "Member Introduction" sticky. Yes, dynamic cruise control is one of my favs. too!
thank you ..!!

tbh I been looking for a car for the past year and change ..
came from looking at the ls500 luxury package and then to the ls460l with led headlights..( so hard to find )
I google best mpg and got the 300h 44mpg...

my nightmare is over no more searching .!!!!

Will deff post pictures.

Gonna clear wrap the headlights both bumpers and black the roof so ppl think I got the panoramic roof..!!!!

Time to sleep ..
cheers my brother!!

Quick Reply: Need help buying a 2022-23 es300 hybrid