ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Need help buying a 2022-23 es300 hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-22, 12:30 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Originally Posted by ESh
The tripple beam are a must have option. They are incredible.
Must Have probably a bit of an overstatement. I get it you love them. We have one with and one without. To me they're fine but far far from a Must Have.
The following users liked this post:
LexFinally (10-15-22)
Old 10-15-22, 02:07 AM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Must Have probably a bit of an overstatement. I get it you love them. We have one with and one without. To me they're fine but far far from a Must Have.

its a must have makes the front end look meaner.. the projector are a dime a dozen the led is the Minority so it stands out.

also it looks Beautiful when you look at it it the rear view mirror from behind

that why I had to have it while I was in my other car driving and looking back

love the look..

Old 10-15-22, 10:47 AM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 927 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Agree. The ES's standard headlights are perfectly fine, an industry-standard system also used on the Ford Edge and multiple Mazdas. They don't get you killed.
Old 10-21-22, 10:04 PM
Myshkyn
Pit Crew

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

If I was using that Lexus build process correctly it looks like the UL has the HUD (Head-Up Display?) and the Luxury doesn't. Further, it seems like the price difference between the UL and the Luxury is about $4K. I would hope that covers more than a few window screens. I wish there were a spreadsheet somewhere that listed all the trims, packages and options in an easily understood layout.
Old 10-22-22, 12:02 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 513 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by Myshkyn
If I was using that Lexus build process correctly it looks like the UL has the HUD (Head-Up Display?) and the Luxury doesn't. Further, it seems like the price difference between the UL and the Luxury is about $4K. I would hope that covers more than a few window screens. I wish there were a spreadsheet somewhere that listed all the trims, packages and options in an easily understood layout.
Try this it should help.

https://www.lexus.com/models/ES

Then on any model select specs. That will show a more comprehensive list of standard and optional features per trim.

Last edited by UltraLux22; 10-22-22 at 02:11 AM.
Old 10-22-22, 09:10 AM
Myshkyn
Pit Crew

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraLux22
Try this it should help.
https://www.lexus.com/models/ES
Then on any model select specs. That will show a more comprehensive list of standard and optional features per trim.
Thanks. I found the comparison chart on that site. Looks helpful.
https://www.lexus.com/models/ES-hybrid?link[model_overlay_infolayer][SHOW_PAGE]=true&link[model_infolayer][setActiveTab]=0
Old 04-27-24, 12:36 PM
ggre123
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus ES300H F Sport Test Drive

First of all I must say that I am coming from a Lexus 460 LS. I had the opportunity to test drive this Lexus ES300H F Sport for a period of one week as my 460 was in repairs. As a sporty model it had all of the features you would expect. Firm sports seats with lumbar adjustment, low series tires and a sport suspension which you can toggle on the dashboard. The ride overall was very nimble and you could easily navigate through traffic. Using the sport mode you really feel the road. Acceleration on this hybrid is acceptable, though not overly sporty. One criticism is the overhead display for the speed limit sign and how fast you're going. It seems this was created for people who are left eye dominant. The display seems to cut off what speed you're going if you close your left eye when looking. This causes the driver to tilt their head to the left to verify the speed going. I actually found this feature not so handy as your speed is clearly displayed on the dashboard. I can't complain for the fuel economy (45 avg) this takes regular gas. It took quite a bit of getting used to when you start the vehicle, as there is no motor starting. The dash clears from a check and you're ready to shift into a gear. I found this very useful in the early hours when I was pulling out of the garage, very quiet for my household as well as the neighbors. The controls inside the cabin are where you expect them. The climate controls have their own buttons as well as a radio button that will automatically launch the media on the screen. Apple Play for some reason gets launched by default. It takes some getting used to when you don't want apple play the second that you turn the radio on. Although the seats were firm and supportive, I never did find a comfortable position. My lower back hurt, maybe as a result of sitting in non lumbar supporting seats most of my life. The adaptive cruise control was handy. I would have liked lane assistance feature also. I do not know if it's available on the ES300 series. The ventilated seats we're also appreciated in the hot Florida sun. The car I drove had cloth seats, made of a good sturdy material. I am on the fence with another feature on the console there is a feature to charge your cell phone. Unable to try it as I have a custom stand on the back of my phone therefore it could not lay flat. There is a warning label posted in that area warning not to put anything else on there. I found it a little concerning if you have your wallet out to pay for something and you wanna put your wallet and down seems like a good flat place to put it. I didn't want any of my ID's or credit cards to be damaged by this. I have to make a conscious effort to put my wallet on the front seat when finished. My loaner had under 3000 miles on it so the car would sell for 50 to $55,000. Styling looks aggressive, the car seems to sit low to the ground. Ample truck space. Would recommend if you're looking for a sportier car.
Old 04-27-24, 04:45 PM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 974 Likes on 733 Posts

It is not recommended to put metal (keys for example) on the charging tray. You can put your wallet.

Wait, no leather seats?
The following users liked this post:
es250fsport (04-27-24)
Old 04-27-24, 05:44 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ESh
It is not recommended to put metal (keys for example) on the charging tray. You can put your wallet.

Wait, no leather seats?
Seats are either leather or Nuluxe.
Old 04-28-24, 04:58 AM
ggre123
5th Gear

Originally Posted by ESh

Wait, no leather seats?
No. A high quality stitched fabric

Last edited by ggre123; 04-28-24 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 04-28-24, 05:01 AM
ggre123
5th Gear

Maybe I'm mistaken, but "leather" is not what came to mind while in these seats. Sure seemed more like fabric to me.
Old 04-28-24, 06:08 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Fabric seats not an option at least here in the US.