ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Wireless charging for iPhone 13 Pro

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-23 | 08:21 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by grp52
I know when wireless charging was introduced. Why else do you think I suggested buying one of the multitude iPhone SE compatible cases with a external, built-in Qi receiver coil charger that would wirelessly charge his 1st gen iPhone SE?

Shaboom's response to my suggestion to buy one of the multitude of iPhone SE cases with built-in external Qi chargers that will charge his iPhone SE through the lightning port connector was:

See that "... just won't work ..."?

If that is truly true (which it isn't) then your recommended non-case external Qi charger CANNOT also be:

Leaving aside for the moment the quality and performance variations of external Qi charger solutions for non-Qi charger equipped iPhones, regardless of how the external Qi charger solution is packaged, either an external Qi charger solution works for a non-Qi charger equipped iPhone or it doesn't. Shaboom responded in one instant it DOESN'T and in another it DOES.

That's why I posted the conversation series containing the mutually exclusive DOES/DOESN'T responses with the "Does or does not your 1st gen iPhone SE work with an external Qi wireless charger accessory?" to point out the dichotomy of the capability responses.

Although such external Qi charger cases aren't as "in stock" as they used to be, in case anyone doubts such beasts exist here's an example:
iPhone 5/5s/se Wireless Charging Case, Mignova Qi Wireless Charger[Magic Case] Matte Back Cover Slim Case +Qi Wireless charger for iPhone
It is almost a given that one with such a vast technical knowledge base as yourself would be aware of the information presented in the post and beyond. However, the purpose of my post was to provide additional context and information to those who may not have been aware of the lesser-known facts. It was not intended as a direct response to your expertise. Your knowledge base is extensive, and your problem-solving skills are unparalleled. I appreciate your expertise and am grateful for your contributions to the conversation.

I wanted to provide additional information for those who may not be as familiar with the topic, not to undermine your knowledge. I hope this added context can help others better understand the discussion.

While Shaboom's response was well-intentioned, it didn't address the specific point about wireless charging cases that you presented. The conversation may have become confusing due to the answer given, which did not take into account the use of iPhone cases that enable non-Qi wireless phones to become Qi wireless charging capable. This resulted in a response devoid of additional components and did not fully address the original post. I quickly picked up on his oversight, and instead of dwelling on it, I zoned in on what would solve his dilemma and provided a direct answer. It seems like he's pleased with the solution and will soon be sharing the good news with us. Or, if the wireless charging fix in his Lexus turns out to be a dud, we'll have to take my personal opinion into consideration - it's SH@T. But let's not get sidetracked by my biased view. Well, I hope I shed some light on the situation and didn't just add to the confusion. But let's be honest, I'm pretty clever like that.😁
Old 06-28-23 | 10:16 AM
Shaboom
Racer

I might be following the technical content of these exchanges but the writing is certainly cogent and well done.
My Amazon delivery is due any time now and I’ll immediately report my success (or lack thereof) with this wireless charging adapter. Stay tuned.
Old 06-28-23 | 10:37 AM
Shaboom
Racer

Wireless charging adapter received. Looks encouraging. Will try it now.
Old 06-28-23 | 10:48 AM
Shaboom
Racer

Hoorah! It works! Charger's green light turns yellow and small icon on top right of phone screen turns green. I'll pop the corks when my percentage charged goes up a significant number but I'm sure it's working as designed. Thanks a million to the smart man who came to my aid!
Old 06-28-23 | 01:30 PM
Shaboom
Racer

Just got back from errands. Placed phone on Lexus wireless charger for an hour andit worked like a charm! The charging is a little on the slow side but it'll do. I'm very pleased. I can now enjoy the Lexus wireless charger and get rid of that old fashioned charging cable in my elbow storage compartment. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!