Avalon Hybrid, nice 1st car!
The following users liked this post:
mike995134 (11-13-22)
Old 11-15-22, 08:08 AM
r1supersta
Pit Crew

Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Myshkyn
A development at my local Lexus dealer. Instead of a $3000 market adjustment, they are offering a $1000 discount ($4000 reduction). Anyone have any feel about whether discounts will increase, or it this about as good as it will get?

Additionally, I wanted an ultra luxury but am wondering if a luxury with some of the ultra luxury features would be almost the same. From what I can gather it looks like the differences between the two levels are:
  1. Power rear sunshade.
  2. Noise-reduction wheels
  3. Head-up display
  4. 12.3 inch touchscreen
  5. Parking- rear pedestrian detection and panoramic view monitor
  6. Kick sensor

Thanks
We went in with the intent to purchase the ULh, but we were told that there is only one available in the entire US. As we sat there discussing options, the sales rep went and got a printout of a ESh Lux that was just allocated to them hours before. It matched the color combo that we wanted and checked the boxes of the FIO that we were looking for. Deposit given, should be here in 30 days.

Originally Posted by n2it
Hi - new to this forum and new to Lexus. Just put a deposit down on a 23 ES300h - it is on the train, so hopefully should be delivered in next 2 to 3 weeks.

It does look like the market is getting a bit softer, but my dealer was still at MSRP (no markup but no discount either) - I don't know if that was an improvement or not. If you want one within the next 2 months, it seems options are limited. We jumped on it as inventories still seem very low, especially for hybrids - none in inventory this was the only one that was not already reserved already. I think we could have gotten the ES350 (they have one in inventory with several more on the way) for a discount. For us, the the Toyota and Honda market actually pushed us up to the Lexus. We could not find the car we wanted (either a fully equipped hybrid Camry or a Accord with Ventilated seats - we live in Texas and my wife has gotten used to ventilated seats in her Avalon hybrid) and no line of site for when one might come in with ventilated seats. Also some dealers were adding on MSRP, and all were adding on $3000 protection/tint packages (in addition to the nearly $2000 of Gulf States Toyota (distributor) added on options). So it would have been around $45K for a fully equipped Camry hybrid if we could even get one in the next several months!

Our car will come optioned up to almost a Luxury, but without the leather and nicer drivers seat (and any other luxury only options). We asked about getting either the luxury or ultra - and they said they hadn't seen any in months and weren't expecting any - as I would have considered bumping up to the either.

If my son wasn't turning 16 in less than a month (we are going to trickle down my wife's Avalon for him to use), we would have waited to see if the market is softening.
We are selling our Avalon Limited Hybrid to our eighteen-year-old son. As for pricing, the dealer didn't charge a mark up nor did they give a discount. However, we haven't signed yet so there is still room for talks...54085 MSRP (edit) with FIO

23 ES300h Lux, FIO are:
1) Intuitive package
2) 18" split five spoke
3) 10.2 Heads up display
4) Triple Beam hl
5) Smartaccess key
6) Lux PKG
7) Lexus interface with 12.3" multimedia
8) Power open/close trunk
9) Premium paint (Cloudburst Gray)
10) Floor mats and such

Last edited by r1supersta; 11-16-22 at 06:43 AM.
Old 11-15-22, 09:42 PM
Myshkyn
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by r1supersta
We went in with the intent to purchase the ULh, but we were told that there is only one available in the entire US. As we sat there discussing options, the sales rep went and got a printout of a ESh Lux that was just allocated to them hours before. It matched the color combo that we wanted and checked the boxes of the FIO that we were looking for. Deposit given, should be here in 30 days. As for pricing, the dealer didn't charge a mark up nor did they give a discount. However, we haven't signed yet so there is still room for talks...54085 OTD with FIO

23 ES300h Lux, FIO are:
1) Intuitive package
2) 18" split five spoke
3) 10.2 Heads up display
4) Triple Beam hl
5) Smartaccess key
6) Lux PKG
7) Lexus interface with 12.3" multimedia
8) Power open/close trunk
9) Premium paint (Cloudburst Gray)
10) Floor mats and such
That is very close to an ES 300h ultra luxury! Looks like the differences are: (1) noise reduction wheels, not sure on the appearance but apparently 5 spoke vs. 10 spoke wheels. (2) Side manual window shades. (3) Maybe the panoramic view parking display, unless that is in the "intuitive package."

Not bad at $54,085 OTD. I'm looking at $55,275 MSRP for the ultra luxury with triple beam headlights, premium paint, and the top level ML audio system.
Old 11-16-22, 06:42 AM
r1supersta
Pit Crew

That is very close to an ES 300h ultra luxury! Looks like the differences are: (1) noise reduction wheels, not sure on the appearance but apparently 5 spoke vs. 10 spoke wheels. (2) Side manual window shades. (3) Maybe the panoramic view parking display, unless that is in the "intuitive package."

Not bad at $54,085 OTD. I'm looking at $55,275 MSRP for the ultra luxury with triple beam headlights, premium paint, and the top level ML audio system.
*EDIT ($54,085 is MSRP). OTD is $59051.30...

The noise-reducing wheels are VERY nice IMHO.
Pano view is included in the package.
The dealer told me they used to mark up 3k above MSRP, but they removed it for us.
My wife was fine without the ML stereo, side shades (we will tint), and Pano roof.
Myshkyn (11-16-22)
Old 11-16-22, 12:09 PM
JamesAZ
Intermediate

Received 162 Likes on 93 Posts

*EDIT ($54,085 is MSRP). OTD is $59051.30...

The noise-reducing wheels are VERY nice IMHO.
Pano view is included in the package.
The dealer told me they used to mark up 3k above MSRP, but they removed it for us.
My wife was fine without the ML stereo, side shades (we will tint), and Pano roof.
Seems like this dealership is shady. Not that there will be any issues with the car or anything, but first they tell you it's the only Ultra Luxury in the entire country, which may be true, but I honestly highly doubt it... and then they tell you that "You're such a special customer we're not going to scam you with the markup!" I don't know, just rubs me the wrong way.
Old 11-16-22, 05:38 PM
r1supersta
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by JamesAZ
Seems like this dealership is shady. Not that there will be any issues with the car or anything, but first they tell you it's the only Ultra Luxury in the entire country, which may be true, but I honestly highly doubt it... and then they tell you that "You're such a special customer we're not going to scam you with the markup!" I don't know, just rubs me the wrong way.
They pulled the inventory on the UL; nadda, just one.
They didn't say anything about being "special". They simply stated that many dealers are marking up vehicles and they have been as well. But now that inventory is starting to trickle in, they are not marking vehicles up anymore.
We are just happy to have what we wanted and it's on the way.
Nothing shady there...But thanks!

Last edited by r1supersta; 11-17-22 at 12:34 PM.
Old 11-20-22, 10:24 AM
Myshkyn
Pit Crew

This is curious. I found a deal similar to that which r1supersta described. If I am looking at this correctly, it appears that this particular luxury model is essentially an ultra luxury without the rear door sun screens. Why not just add the screens and make it an ultra luxury? From the sticker:

Luxury Package
18-INCH SPLIT-FIVE-SPOKE ALLOY NOISE-REDUCTION WHEELS $180
Premium Paint $500
10.2-INCH HEAD-UP DISPLAY $500
INTUITIVE PARKING ASSIST WITH AUTO BRAKING AND REAR CROSS TRAFFIC ALERT $565 *
PREMIUM TRIPLE-BEAM LED HEADLAMPS $1,215
SMARTACCESS CARD KEY $100
POWER OPEN/CLOSE TRUNK WITH KICK SENSOR $550
LEXUS INTERFACE WITH 12.3-IN MULTIMEDIA TOUCHSCREEN DISPLAY. INCLUDES 3-YEAR TRIAL OF DRIVE CONNECT WITH CLOUD NAVIGATION, INTELLIGENT ASSISTANT (HEY LEXUS) AND DESTINATION ASSIST (AVAILABLE BY SUBSCRIPTION). $1,030
Preferred Accessory Package: Trunk mat, cargo net, wheel locks & rear bumper applique $405
MSRP $53,340
* I'm assuming the intuitive parking assist option has the pano camera view since there is an additional charge and the other intuitive parking assist system comes standard on the luxury model.
Old 11-20-22, 10:46 AM
r1supersta
Pit Crew

This is curious. I found a deal similar to that which r1supersta described. If I am looking at this correctly, it appears that this particular luxury model is essentially an ultra luxury without the rear door sun screens. Why not just add the screens and make it an ultra luxury? From the sticker:

Luxury Package
18-INCH SPLIT-FIVE-SPOKE ALLOY NOISE-REDUCTION WHEELS $180 +
Premium Paint $500 +
10.2-INCH HEAD-UP DISPLAY $500 +
INTUITIVE PARKING ASSIST WITH AUTO BRAKING AND REAR CROSS TRAFFIC ALERT $565
PREMIUM TRIPLE-BEAM LED HEADLAMPS $1,215 +
SMARTACCESS CARD KEY $100 +
POWER OPEN/CLOSE TRUNK WITH KICK SENSOR $550 +
LEXUS INTERFACE WITH 12.3-IN MULTIMEDIA TOUCHSCREEN DISPLAY. INCLUDES 3-YEAR TRIAL OF DRIVE CONNECT WITH CLOUD NAVIGATION, INTELLIGENT ASSISTANT (HEY LEXUS) AND DESTINATION ASSIST (AVAILABLE BY SUBSCRIPTION). $1,030 +
Preferred Accessory Package: Trunk mat, cargo net, wheel locks & rear bumper applique $405 ***
MSRP $53,340
* I'm assuming the intuitive parking assist option has the pano camera view since there is an additional charge and the other intuitive parking assist system comes standard on the luxury model.
I think the other FIO available only to the UL is the Pano Roof. My wife didn't care about that or the side shades.

That build is identical to ours with the exception of the rear bumper applique. Ours has the Pano View Monitor in the package.

Looking at our summary:
Base MSRP----------------------------------------------47740
FIO---------------------------------------------------------4910
Port installed packages and accessories------------315
Delivery processing/handling------------------------1150
TOTAL PRICE-------------------------------------------54085

INTUITIVE PARKING ASSIST WITH AUTO BRAKING AND REAR PEDESTRIAN DETECTION,* AND PANORAMIC VIEW MONITOR* $835*
18-INCH SPLIT-FIVE-SPOKE ALLOY NOISE-REDUCTION WHEELS $180*
10.2-INCH HEAD-UP DISPLAY $500*
PREMIUM TRIPLE-BEAM LED HEADLAMPS $1,215*
SMARTACCESS* CARD KEY $100*
LUXURY PACKAGE $0.00
LEXUS INTERFACE* WITH 12.3-IN MULTIMEDIA TOUCHSCREEN DISPLAY. INCLUDES 3-YEAR TRIAL OF DRIVE CONNECT* WITH CLOUD NAVIGATION, INTELLIGENT ASSISTANT (HEY LEXUS) AND DESTINATION ASSIST (AVAILABLE BY SUBSCRIPTION). $1,030*
POWER OPEN/CLOSE TRUNK WITH KICK SENSOR $550*
PREFERRED ACCESSORY PACKAGE: TRUNK MAT, CARGO NET & WHEEL LOCKS $315 **PIO**S

We got an email from the dealer yesterday; we have a VIN and the vehicle should ship today and be ready for delivery between 11.24-12.5.22. Getting excited!!!

Last edited by r1supersta; 11-20-22 at 11:15 AM.
Myshkyn (11-20-22)
Old 11-20-22, 11:12 AM
Myshkyn
Pit Crew

I think the other FIO available only to the UL is the Pano Roof. My wife didn't care about that or the side shades.

We got an email form the dealer yesterday; we have a VIN and the vehicle should ship today and be ready for delivery between 11.24-12.5.22. Getting excited!!!
I haven't seen the pano roof as an option for the hybrid ES. And, another thread in this forum (2021) says it isn't offered, most likely because of weight considerations. It is not something I would want, but then again, I've never had one, so . . .

Let us know your impressions when you get your Lexus.
r1supersta (11-20-22)
Old 11-20-22, 11:18 AM
r1supersta
Pit Crew

I haven't seen the pano roof as an option for the hybrid ES. And, another thread in this forum (2021) says it isn't offered, most likely because of weight considerations. It is not something I would want, but then again, I've never had one, so . . .

Let us know your impressions when you get your Lexus.
Oh, yeah, you are correct. Only on the V6 models. Good catch.
Old 11-20-22, 12:27 PM
grp52
Instructor

Received 536 Likes on 375 Posts

Luxury Package
INTUITIVE PARKING ASSIST WITH AUTO BRAKING AND REAR CROSS TRAFFIC ALERT $565 *
Something is messed up with that item.

The only item with that title and that price is an add-on option available ONLY for 2022 ES 250 F Sport AWD, ES 350 F Sport, and ES 300h F Sport model types. (For other 2022 model types where the exact title might be listed, the feature is either a no extra cost, standard feature or included as part of a higher priced, add-on package.)

For a 2023 luxury model, the feature with that exact title is a no extra charge, standard included feature. The extra cost, add-on option Intuitive Parking Assist with Auto Braking and Rear Pedestrian Detection, and Panoramic View Monitor" costs $835 (as shown in r1supersta's post #23) and not the $565. (Also, on the [US] Lexus 2023 ES web site's FEATURES/SPECS/PACKAGES/OPTIONS tables, there is no item listed anywhere with that exact title with that exact price.)
The following 2 users liked this post by grp52:
Myshkyn (11-20-22), r1supersta (11-20-22)