ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Two questions about buying new ES 300h

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-22, 10:23 AM
Myshkyn
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Two questions about buying new ES 300h

A development at my local Lexus dealer. Instead of a $3000 market adjustment, they are offering a $1000 discount ($4000 reduction). Anyone have any feel about whether discounts will increase, or it this about as good as it will get?

Additionally, I wanted an ultra luxury but am wondering if a luxury with some of the ultra luxury features would be almost the same. From what I can gather it looks like the differences between the two levels are:
  1. Power rear sunshade.
  2. Noise-reduction wheels
  3. Head-up display
  4. 12.3 inch touchscreen
  5. Parking- rear pedestrian detection and panoramic view monitor
  6. Kick sensor

Thanks

Last edited by Myshkyn; 10-29-22 at 10:26 AM. Reason: correcting grammar
Old 10-29-22, 11:06 AM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 1,013 Likes on 760 Posts

No, in the Luxury package you can get everything exept for the dampers and the side shades.
The following users liked this post:
Myshkyn (10-29-22)
Old 10-29-22, 11:25 AM
LS500Fan
Instructor

Received 520 Likes on 319 Posts

I have the Ultra Lux, I *love* the 360 camera view, use it every time I back up pretty much. The 12" infotainment screen is awesome, I could not handle the smaller 8" screen now.

The side door sunshades I could take or leave, they reduce visibility so I tend to use them more on the highway and less around town.

The noise reduction wheels likely help keep things quiet. So does the extra sound deadening of the hybrid version. I think all hybrids get dual pane side glass as well.

The trunk kick sensor I use regularly, love it. My wife's RAV4 Prime has it too, I would miss that.

If you can afford the Ultra Lux, wait for one.
Myshkyn (10-29-22)
Old 10-29-22, 11:28 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 529 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by Myshkyn
A development at my local Lexus dealer. Instead of a $3000 market adjustment, they are offering a $1000 discount ($4000 reduction). Anyone have any feel about whether discounts will increase, or it this about as good as it will get?

Additionally, I wanted an ultra luxury but am wondering if a luxury with some of the ultra luxury features would be almost the same. From what I can gather it looks like the differences between the two levels are:
  1. Power rear sunshade.
  3. Head-up display
  4. 12.3 inch touchscreen
  6. Kick sensor

Thanks
You will be waiting some time for both as production is limited to non-existent, as evidenced by the lack of inventory for those two trims.
Myshkyn (10-29-22)
Old 10-29-22, 11:56 AM
grp52
Instructor

Received 536 Likes on 375 Posts

1. Power rear sunshade.
That's a standard feature for both the ES 300h Luxury and Ultra Luxury. It is just the manual rear door sunshades that are exclusive to the Ultra Luxury.

3. Head-up display
4. 12.3 inch touchscreen
6. Kick sensor
You're correct that those are add-on options for the Luxury model type that will result in a so equipped Luxury model with features equivalent to those found as standard with an Ultra Luxury model type with the exception of the Ultra Luxury's manual rear door sunshades.

It also looks like a 2023 optioned up Luxury model to equivalent Ultra Luxury features will cost less (300h Luxury: $3095 options + $48,860 starting = $51955; 300h Ultra Luxury: $52,480 starting) unlike the 2022 model year case where a optioned up Luxury model was slightly more expensive.

Of course, the big unknown is whether you can find/get a ES 300h Luxury model optioned up to equivalent Ultra Luxury standard features.
Myshkyn (10-29-22)
Old 10-29-22, 12:00 PM
grp52
Instructor

Received 536 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by ESh
No, in the Luxury package you can get everything exept for the dampers and the side shades.
You aren't correct about the dampers. Lateral performance dampers are (and have been for a few model years) standard equipment on Luxury models.
Myshkyn (10-29-22)
Old 10-29-22, 12:43 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 867 Likes on 654 Posts

The Laminated side front door glass is also standard on the Luxury or UL trim levels regardless of powertrain.
Myshkyn (10-29-22)
Old 10-29-22, 02:27 PM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 1,013 Likes on 760 Posts

Originally Posted by grp52
You aren't correct about the dampers. Lateral performance dampers are (and have been for a few model years) standard equipment on Luxury models.

I am correct, no dampers on Luxury. They are exclusive to UL and F Sport.
Old 10-29-22, 02:29 PM
Doctj
Intermediate

Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts

Maybe at the end of the year for the December to remember event, but realistically speaking unknown if inventory will be present for what you are looking for. If you found the one you like, then decide for yourself if you want it now or you want to save an extra 1000$ (maybe)
Myshkyn (10-29-22)
Old 10-29-22, 05:58 PM
NotJoHam
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ESh
I am correct, no dampers on Luxury. They are exclusive to UL and F Sport.
According to the Lexus website, the dampers are standard on the luxury trims as well as the ultra luxury.
LexFinally (11-01-22)
Old 10-29-22, 06:13 PM
Myshkyn
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Thanks everyone for the feedback. The reason I am considering the luxury instead of the ultra luxury is because of the apparent lack of ultra luxuries. I see a fair amount of regular luxury versions with various accessories on the dealership websites. They typically say that the listed cars will be available in two to three weeks. However, it looks like the time frame to order a particular build is over seven months.
Old 10-29-22, 09:24 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by NotJoHam
According to the Lexus website, the dampers are standard on the luxury trims as well as the ultra luxury.
Here are the current models and trims equipped with lateral performance dampers. For the 23 MY, F Sport has been split between Sport Design and Sport Handling. I removed the Sport Design trim for each ES model that excludes dampers. The 250,350, and 300h were all excluded.
Attached Thumbnails Two questions about buying new ES 300h-models-trims-dampers.jpg  
Old 10-30-22, 07:12 AM
JamesAZ
Intermediate

Received 162 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraLux22
Here are the current models and trims equipped with lateral performance dampers. For the 23 MY, F Sport has been split between Sport Design and Sport Handling. I removed the Sport Design trim for each ES model that excludes dampers. The 250,350, and 300h were all excluded.
Seems every year they add more features to the Luxury trim than were previously exclusive to the Ultra Luxury. Wonder if they did that cause they produced so few ULs. Seems more logical to just make more UL lol. Really curious about their market research or whatever led to this decision.
Old 10-30-22, 12:24 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by Doctj
Maybe at the end of the year for the December to remember the event, but realistically speaking unknown if inventory will be present for what you are looking for. If you found the one you like, then decide for yourself if you want it now or you want to save an extra 1000$ (maybe)
Production for the '22 ES stopped some time back. I posted on this, but I can't remember which thread. I imagine that almost every single '22 Ult. Lux and Lux. have been snatched up and likely the only way to get a '22 at this point would be pre-owned. I know the value of my '22 Ult. Lux. keeps going up, and currently, Carvana is at nearly $49k for mine with 7k miles. My selling price, pre-tax, was only $47,892 in January, so I'm doing pretty good if I decide to sell. The issue, of course, is that there are no '23 Ultras to move into and likely won't be for some time.

Last edited by UltraLux22; 10-31-22 at 01:24 PM.
Old 10-31-22, 06:56 AM
n2it
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi - new to this forum and new to Lexus. Just put a deposit down on a 23 ES300h - it is on the train, so hopefully should be delivered in next 2 to 3 weeks.

It does look like the market is getting a bit softer, but my dealer was still at MSRP (no markup but no discount either) - I don't know if that was an improvement or not. If you want one within the next 2 months, it seems options are limited. We jumped on it as inventories still seem very low, especially for hybrids - none in inventory this was the only one that was not already reserved already. I think we could have gotten the ES350 (they have one in inventory with several more on the way) for a discount. For us, the the Toyota and Honda market actually pushed us up to the Lexus. We could not find the car we wanted (either a fully equipped hybrid Camry or a Accord with Ventilated seats - we live in Texas and my wife has gotten used to ventilated seats in her Avalon hybrid) and no line of site for when one might come in with ventilated seats. Also some dealers were adding on MSRP, and all were adding on $3000 protection/tint packages (in addition to the nearly $2000 of Gulf States Toyota (distributor) added on options). So it would have been around $45K for a fully equipped Camry hybrid if we could even get one in the next several months!

Our car will come optioned up to almost a Luxury, but without the leather and nicer drivers seat (and any other luxury only options). We asked about getting either the luxury or ultra - and they said they hadn't seen any in months and weren't expecting any - as I would have considered bumping up to the either.

If my son wasn't turning 16 in less than a month (we are going to trickle down my wife's Avalon for him to use), we would have waited to see if the market is softening.
Myshkyn (10-31-22)

Quick Reply: Two questions about buying new ES 300h