ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

ES Ultra Luxury production issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-22 | 04:38 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Default ES Ultra Luxury production issues

So I reached out to my contact with Lexus and inquired about the timeline for Ultra Luxury production. Here is the correspondence.

Sent: Tuesday, November 1, 2022, 3:44 PM

Subject: Checking in

Good Afternoon *****!

Just checking in to see if there were any updates on the ES production for Ultra Lux? If so, when do they anticipate production to start? Is the ML chip shortage still a factor? Is it the only factor, or is there something else going on?

Thanks,

Response----

Hey ****!

So they built 5 Ultra Luxury ES models on this last allocation of vehicles. That makes the Ultra Luxury build only 2.9% of total ES output at this time.

I’m being told that the Mark Levinson sound system is the biggest contributing factor here but there are also issues getting parts/pieces for the pano roof.

Long story very short, the Ultra Luxury is continuing to be a very, very small percentage of the build.

I have not received any new updates to this point, but I’ll let you know if that changes in the near future!
The following 4 users liked this post by UltraLux22:
dr3wski (12-01-22), LexFinally (11-01-22), UTChE96 (11-01-22), zoltar (11-01-22)
Old 11-02-22 | 12:50 AM
BeeBunny
1st Gear

Originally Posted by UltraLux22
So I reached out to my contact with Lexus and inquired about the timeline for Ultra Luxury production. Here is the correspondence.

Sent: Tuesday, November 1, 2022, 3:44 PM

Subject: Checking in

Good Afternoon *****!

Just checking in to see if there were any updates on the ES production for Ultra Lux? If so, when do they anticipate production to start? Is the ML chip shortage still a factor? Is it the only factor, or is there something else going on?

Thanks,

Response----

Hey ****!

So they built 5 Ultra Luxury ES models on this last allocation of vehicles. That makes the Ultra Luxury build only 2.9% of total ES output at this time.

I’m being told that the Mark Levinson sound system is the biggest contributing factor here but there are also issues getting parts/pieces for the pano roof.

Long story very short, the Ultra Luxury is continuing to be a very, very small percentage of the build.

I have not received any new updates to this point, but I’ll let you know if that changes in the near future!
Working off that 5 count being 2.9% of total output, I wonder if your contact means new output in this allocation or all output, including the new allocation.

I’m looking for a Luxury with larger screen, HUD, and ML too. Have yet to see any 2023 with ML.
Old 11-02-22 | 01:22 AM
ESh
Lead Lap

I think they are talking ****.
I don’t believe that there are not enough parts and pieces.

Old 11-02-22 | 01:27 AM
asadani
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by BeeBunny
Working off that 5 count being 2.9% of total output, I wonder if your contact means new output in this allocation or all output, including the new allocation.

I’m looking for a Luxury with larger screen, HUD, and ML too. Have yet to see any 2023 with ML.
Going off of those figures, NA has a typical incoming of 172 shipments of ES. 5 are UL's without the mention of hybrid or ES 350. Since US is Lexus's biggest market, I believe we/UAE will be waiting on a long haul to get hands on the ML's
Old 11-02-22 | 09:05 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

I just checked my local inventory and they have 1 incoming Luxury trim. It is the first one I've seen. It's also a hybrid. There is no ML audio or Nav. Of all the incoming units I've seen that are 350, none have had pano. roofs. I just hadn't noticed til now.

Last edited by UltraLux22; 11-02-22 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-02-22 | 11:05 AM
LexFinally
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ESh
I don’t believe that there are not enough parts and pieces.
What is that belief based on?
Old 11-02-22 | 01:37 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by ESh
I don't believe that there are not enough parts and pieces.
What has been conveyed to me tracks with what I see inventory-wise across dealerships. If you have more insight, I'm all ears to hear where you are coming from.
The following users liked this post:
LexFinally (11-02-22)
Old 11-03-22 | 04:34 AM
rmak
Intermediate

Pano Roofs

https://www.lexusatlanta.com/new/LEX...5862ea9bcd.htm

https://www.butlerlexussouthatlanta....dz1b19pu141613

https://www.butlerlexussouthatlanta....dz1b18pu141358

https://www.nalleylexussmyrna.com/ne...9533ac57c0.htm

https://www.nalleylexussmyrna.com/ne...a7fd2c2690.htm

Last edited by rmak; 11-03-22 at 04:41 AM.
Old 11-03-22 | 06:54 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

I'm confused by your post, considering three out of the five listings do not have panoramic glass roofs but instead have power moonroofs.
Old 11-03-22 | 08:18 AM
rmak
Intermediate

Originally Posted by UltraLux22
I'm confused by your post, considering three out of the five listings do not have panoramic glass roofs but instead have power moonroofs.
If you look at the options on the cars, not the picture (except for the 2 white ones) they are all listed having panoramic roofs. These are just a few in my search.

INCLUDED PACKAGES & OPTIONS

Included Options
  • 18-INCH SPLIT-10-SPOKE ALLOY WHEELS WITH TWO-TONE BLACK AND MACHINED FINISH$660
  • ALL-WEATHER FLOOR LINERS - Lexus All-Weather Floor Liners feature a tub-style perimeter that provides added coverage to help protect your carpet. Designed using vehicle engineering data for a precise fit and made from durable, recyclable material with quarter-turn fasteners on the driver and front passenger liners that help hold them securely in place.$320
  • Preferred Accessory Package: Trunk mat, cargo net wheel locks$315
  • WOOD TRIM$360
  • POWER OPEN/CLOSE TRUNK WITH KICK SENSOR$550
  • Premium Paint Charge$500
  • PREMIUM PACKAGE$2,430
  • LEXUS INTERFACE WITH 12.3-IN MULTIMEDIA TOUCHSCREEN DISPLAY. INCLUDES 3-YEAR TRIAL OF DRIVE CONNECT WITH CLOUD NAVIGATION, INTELLIGENT ASSISTANT (HEY LEXUS) AND DESTINATION ASSIST (AVAILABLE BY SUBSCRIPTION).$1,030
  • SMARTACCESS CARD KEY$100
  • POWER REAR SUNSHADE$210
  • PANORAMA GLASS ROOF$500

Included Options
  • 18-INCH SPLIT-10-SPOKE ALLOY WHEELS WITH TWO-TONE BLACK AND MACHINED FINISH$660
  • ALL-WEATHER FLOOR LINERS - Lexus All-Weather Floor Liners feature a tub-style perimeter that provides added coverage to help protect your carpet. Designed using vehicle engineering data for a precise fit and made from durable, recyclable material with quarter-turn fasteners on the driver and front passenger liners that help hold them securely in place.$320
  • WOOD TRIM$360
  • PREMIUM PACKAGE$2,430
  • LEXUS INTERFACE WITH 12.3-IN MULTIMEDIA TOUCHSCREEN DISPLAY. INCLUDES 3-YEAR TRIAL OF DRIVE CONNECT WITH CLOUD NAVIGATION, INTELLIGENT ASSISTANT (HEY LEXUS) AND DESTINATION ASSIST (AVAILABLE BY SUBSCRIPTION).$1,030

Included Options
  • WOOD TRIM$360
  • PREMIUM PACKAGE$2,430
  • COLOR-KEYED REAR SPOILER$200

Last edited by rmak; 11-03-22 at 08:25 AM.
Old 11-03-22 | 08:32 AM
glamglam
Instructor

This supply chain issue should’ve been solved by now. I see an abundance of all brand new ES350’s as well as RX350’s in the Lexus dealer lots up here in Massachusetts. Lexus is producing lots of ES’s and I bet you that the production of the Ultra Luxury model will be starting in November and December of 2022 just like Lexus started UL production and allocation last year during the same months in November and in December of 2021. People got delivery of their November and December 2021 build date UL’s in January and February of this year in 2022. The ES350 UL production run schedule hasn’t changed for the 2023 model. They will be built and will be delivered to the dealerships by January and February 2023.
Old 11-03-22 | 08:35 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by rmak
If you look at the options on the cars, not the picture (except for the 2 white ones) they are all listed having panoramic roofs. These are just a few in my search.

Included Options
  • WOOD TRIM$360
  • PREMIUM PACKAGE$2,430

Included Options
  • WOOD TRIM$360
  • PREMIUM PACKAGE$2,430

Included Options
  • WOOD TRIM$360
  • PREMIUM PACKAGE$2,430
  • COLOR-KEYED REAR SPOILER$200
I stand corrected. I must have missed that. The 3 that have the options list further down initially list the vehicles as having power moonroofs. Normally they have their options listed correctly.
Old 11-03-22 | 08:44 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by glamglam
This supply chain issue should’ve been solved by now. I see an abundance of all brand new ES350’s as well as RX350’s in the Lexus dealer lots up here in Massachusetts. Lexus is producing lots of ES’s and I bet you that the production of the Ultra Luxury model will be starting in November and December of 2022 just like Lexus started UL production and allocation last year during the same months in November and in December of 2021. People got delivery of their November and December 2021 build date UL’s in January and February of this year in 2022. The ES350 UL production run schedule hasn’t changed for the 2023 model. They will be built and will be delivered to the dealerships by January and February 2023.
Here we go!
Attached Thumbnails ES Ultra Luxury production issues-250xqh.jpeg  
The following 2 users liked this post by UltraLux22:
kingofire (11-03-22), LexFinally (11-04-22)
Old 11-03-22 | 08:56 AM
glamglam
Instructor

With all due respect sir. I’m just saying. I’ve seen a fully loaded UL at the dealership here in northern Massachusetts at IRA Toyota in Danvers, Massachusetts in October. I’ve also seen some Luxury models with the panoramic sunroof. I know that Lexus doesn’t make many UL’s but they are being built whenever the production runs for them occur.
Old 11-03-22 | 09:19 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by glamglam
With all due respect sir. I’m just saying. I’ve seen a fully loaded UL at the dealership here in northern Massachusetts at IRA Toyota in Danvers, Massachusetts in October. I’ve also seen some Luxury models with the panoramic sunroof. I know that Lexus doesn’t make many UL’s but they are being built whenever the production runs for them occur.
You continually make these proclamations identifying what should be and likely is happening, yet I say the proof is in the pudding. Show me the current inventory that supports your claims, and I will stand corrected. By the way, this is regarding '23s production, as '22s production for the ES ended some time ago.
Just because you may have seen a few cars last month either on the lot or in transit, doesn't dictate current conditions. You went down this road voraciously earlier this year. I will speak for myself and indicate that you were off by some margin on most of your assertions about ULs and ES production. Please don't start this again. Contribute facts or insights that you can back up with something reputable and not mere conjecture. No one is saying zero parts are available but limited enough to affect production on a large scale. Obviously, something is going on as I'm sure Lexus would rather be producing these cars versus not. I just don't know why you keep going this route.
The following users liked this post:
LexFinally (11-26-22)

Quick Reply: ES Ultra Luxury production issues