bushings won’t come until Monday
OMG, I’ve been threadjacked…
The following users liked this post:
F3Woody (11-30-22)
Old 11-25-22, 08:38 PM
padelos
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks but it does not matter to me what anyone else has. Never did really. But obviously if it can make things easier, sure, any day.
Ive owned SL500, SL600 and my favorite CL55 AMG which had technology yrs before any other and still does (last made 2014) which i doubt any Lexus will impress me (w way it drives) after driving it as my daily driver in SoCal. Moving from Cave Creek AZ to Carlsbad CA was a major upgrade and driving the CL on PCH from san Diego to the Bay area and back, you realise why they charge over 100k for these cars. Yes, mostly marketing and hype as its all sales after all. But go drive a CL and you will not need the tech...lol
I live in the French riviera and 15 m from Monaco. Here those that have money and power are driven w RR, Bentleys and S class. They show their power with their 500 million mega yachts not w cars.
But while im comfortable , im not one of them.
While its nice to have the technology and use it, but would i not buy a car because it does not have it....absolutely not. I will buy it any day. Maybe you would not. But not me as a car to me is to get me stress free from point a to b. But if it has tech great.
Now, my best friend in LA is a big time patent lawyer and owns 2 very expensive Porsches including the Taycan which he leased. His exact words to me were, "the cars we know, will be completely different with technology every year".
So if anyone wants to be continuously getting upgraded (all sales) by the car manufacturers, go ahead.
And if you think you have a loaded ES coming from a Camry, you dont. Next yr Apple and Oranges will come up with something else and you'll wish you had it based on your comment. Yes, i may wish i had it also, but not that important. Its a car and since im retired, i only need something to drive me to Monaco, Italy , Spain, Germany etc etc.
Old 11-25-22, 09:18 PM
JamesAZ
Intermediate

Received 162 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by padelos
Thanks but it does not matter to me what anyone else has. Never did really. But obviously if it can make things easier, sure, any day.
Ive owned SL500, SL600 and my favorite CL55 AMG which had technology yrs before any other and still does (last made 2014) which i doubt any Lexus will impress me (w way it drives) after driving it as my daily driver in SoCal. Moving from Cave Creek AZ to Carlsbad CA was a major upgrade and driving the CL on PCH from san Diego to the Bay area and back, you realise why they charge over 100k for these cars. Yes, mostly marketing and hype as its all sales after all. But go drive a CL and you will not need the tech...lol
I live in the French riviera and 15 m from Monaco. Here those that have money and power are driven w RR, Bentleys and S class. They show their power with their 500 million mega yachts not w cars.
But while im comfortable , im not one of them.
While its nice to have the technology and use it, but would i not buy a car because it does not have it....absolutely not. I will buy it any day. Maybe you would not. But not me as a car to me is to get me stress free from point a to b. But if it has tech great.
Now, my best friend in LA is a big time patent lawyer and owns 2 very expensive Porsches including the Taycan which he leased. His exact words to me were, "the cars we know, will be completely different with technology every year".
So if anyone wants to be continuously getting upgraded (all sales) by the car manufacturers, go ahead.
And if you think you have a loaded ES coming from a Camry, you dont. Next yr Apple and Oranges will come up with something else and you'll wish you had it based on your comment. Yes, i may wish i had it also, but not that important. Its a car and since im retired, i only need something to drive me to Monaco, Italy , Spain, Germany etc etc.
It's not so much not having a feature somebody else has, it's more on the point that I wanted it, but didn't because of "X". My 2019 is already "outdated" as in it doesn't have the power folding side mirrors from the 2020 update, the touchscreen from the 2022 refresh, or the side-by-side cupholders and wireless AA/CP with the 2023 update. As nice as those would be to have, quite frankly, I'm happy with what I got. But if I bought my 2019 with an interior color I didn't like, without the Mark Levinson system, and the triple beam headlights even though I really wanted all those, I'd regret that car every time I drove it. I'd get in I would hate the interior color. Every time I'd play music I would wish I had the additional speakers and audio quality. Every time I'd see the exterior I'd wish I had the triple beam headlights or even while driving the extra bit of visibility.
Old 11-25-22, 09:19 PM
JamesAZ
Intermediate

Received 162 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by ElbeeES300
I was trying to remember what the point of this thread was...
Old 11-25-22, 10:31 PM
padelos
7th Gear

Originally Posted by JamesAZ
It's not so much not having a feature somebody else has, it's more on the point that I wanted it, but didn't because of "X". My 2019 is already "outdated" as in it doesn't have the power folding side mirrors from the 2020 update, the touchscreen from the 2022 refresh, or the side-by-side cupholders and wireless AA/CP with the 2023 update. As nice as those would be to have, quite frankly, I'm happy with what I got. But if I bought my 2019 with an interior color I didn't like, without the Mark Levinson system, and the triple beam headlights even though I really wanted all those, I'd regret that car every time I drove it. I'd get in I would hate the interior color. Every time I'd play music I would wish I had the additional speakers and audio quality. Every time I'd see the exterior I'd wish I had the triple beam headlights or even while driving the extra bit of visibility.
Understand with what you're saying. Many manufacturers entering Europe which has 130m more consumers but stricter laws than the US, do things a little different in order to have a chance of competing vs the big 3 here. Certain models are not even allowed here. Ex: You'll not see Acura, Genesis and very rarely Lexus sedans. Lexus SUV's you see some. But its mostly MB, BMW and Audi, Peugeot, Renault Citroen, Volvo, Jaguar etc.
But, NIO the Chinese company backed up with billions of US and other big funds just started delivering their ET7 in Germany and Holland i believe. Now you want technology, they claim to have the latest, being German designed. so there you go. It's the Tesla killer they claim getting 1000km per charge (600miles).
So tell the guy who is crying to get over it and learn something else as well and thanks for your time. Your points are well taken.
My question was can apple car play be added or downloaded, because im also ordering a NIO ET7 which i own stock in and might just wait 6 months and not get the Lexus.
Old 11-25-22, 10:36 PM
grp52
Instructor

Received 514 Likes on 358 Posts

Thank you. I just checked and this 2019 ES300H Luxe vehicle was first registered 4/19/2019 and you're right it does not include Apple car play, only blue tooth.
My question is can i add Apple car play? Because i usually just call Serie to play music directions etc. I guess Apple car play just makes it so much easier.
Short answer is I don't know.

Longer answer is that there were/are a few select countries/regions where Apple CarPlay and Android Auto upgrades were made available for 2019 ES models (e.g., United Kingdom Lexus Apple CarPlay and Android Auto upgrade) but I couldn't find anything specific to Lexus France. The closest I could find was a Lexus Europe MULTIMEDIA SOFTWARE UPGRADE announcement and to "Contact your nearest Lexus retailer to check whether the software upgrade is available for your car."

So, probably the only way to know for sure is to get the VIN of the 2019 ES you're looking at buying. Then contact a local Leuxs France dealer to see if this Apple CarPlay and Android Auto multimedia upgrade program is available in France and if so does an 2019 ES with the VIN qualify for the upgrade.

Can i upgrade the sound system? if i dont like the standard one it comes with. (its not Lark Levinson / Harman Kardon)
If you search the forum you can find a few discussions on projects on upgrading the sound system to varying degrees. However, the best advice I can give is to find local auto audio specialty shops and consult with them as to what's feasible for upgrading a base ES audio system to a system with capabilities closer to meeting your desired auto audio system.
Old 11-25-22, 10:42 PM
padelos
7th Gear

Thank you very much.
Will do, as the dealer im buying from, is the original Lexus dealer the car was bought from. Really appreciate your comments/time.
Wish you well.
Old 11-30-22, 05:04 PM
F3Woody
Intermediate

Received 203 Likes on 127 Posts

This isn’t a threadjack, it’s an all out coup 😆
Old 12-01-22, 06:34 AM
ElbeeES300
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by F3Woody
This isn’t a threadjack, it’s an all out coup 😆
I’m in exile, but hoping to get my ES today!
Old 12-01-22, 06:52 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Where did you go wrong lol? Good luck on the repair/fix.
The following users liked this post:
ElbeeES300 (12-01-22)
Old 12-01-22, 04:35 PM
ElbeeES300
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Where did you go wrong lol? Good luck on the repair/fix.
She’s all good now.
Longo Lexus change the rear subframe and bushings. Parts alone came out to approx $1,800+taxes. Service advisor David Parada and Tech Christian had their hands full with this. Thank goodness they didn’t just brush this aside and thank goodness for the warranty.

Whoever originally threadjacked this post can resume.